spc
Search similar:

uniqs

NateOMatic
@optonline.net

NateOMatic to tired_runner

Anon

to tired_runner

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Hi everyone, trucks are outside my building at Van Cortlandt Ave West and Orloff today!
Ricanlegend
join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY

Ricanlegend to tired_runner

to tired_runner
mmm i forgot about fios cablevision gave me an offer i couldnt refuse hopefully fios would bring a better offer when they get to me

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Hey Net

thats one of the fears i have with Fios not getting to us because of those two reason
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to NateOMatic

to NateOMatic
did you talk to any of the Verizon guys as to how long it will take?
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to Ricanlegend

to Ricanlegend
So what they offer you?
Ricanlegend
join:2011-05-18
Bronx, NY

Ricanlegend

They treating me as a new client 3 service for 29.95 free dvr free showtime,starz and encore with ondemand for all 3 of them, i also got extended dial so i call anywhere in the world for free and my speed is always amazing always getting 46 or 47 download all for 140 a month

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

not bad but be careful of their tactics ok bud

NateOMatic
@optonline.net

NateOMatic to Eddy120876

Anon

to Eddy120876
said by Eddy120876:

did you talk to any of the Verizon guys as to how long it will take?

No, I just passed by as I was doing the alternate side parking dance.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I seen some techs but they are usually driving by. Thanks anyways Nate and if you do manage to run into one could you ask then? I will do the same on my end. Also i did notice something that strikes me as odd. We all know that Fios requires that big green box on the pole for power. The question is why would a single duplex building requires that when all they need is the fiber line? . Also that green box wasn't there a month ago.
Eddy120876

to tired_runner
wow I been away and nobody has posted anything here?

ddg4005
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Asus GT-AC5300

ddg4005

Premium Member

said by Eddy120876:

wow I been away and nobody has posted anything here?

Still nothing to report from Bedford Park.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

Nothing to report in Castle Hill either

mking128
join:2005-08-10
Whitestone, NY

1 edit

mking128

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY - Castle Hill - yet?

On the other side of #6 subway/Westchester Ave, that's correct with the CO nearby, nothing showing for Unionport Road/Odell Street toward Parkchester section.

Good news if you are off Castle Hill Ave, using 22xx Haviland (just off CBE service road) - Fios is "live" - standalone, Double & Triple Play bundles, contract & no contract. Basically, free installation & wireless router plus DVR & std. STB for life deal, especially for Triples @ $84.99/mo. Not sure if they are extending it further down toward the Bruckner, yet ...

(P.S. Mix of private 1-3 family homes & 6 story buildings, overhead poles or aerials in/thru backyards)
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT

tired_runner

Premium Member

FiOS has been active in Castle Hill for some time, just not on my particular section of the street. They've bypassed the private homes for which they can't readily get to the utility poles without asking the property owners for access.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I see this is getting odd and more odd. The other day i ask one of the big trucks that says "Ask me about FIOS" so I did and the first thing they ask me: Do you live in a private home or a building. So i said building, then the techs told me that will take time because they need the landlord to give then permission. While homes all you need is permission to connect it since 193rd street has fios.
blaqueknite
join:2005-11-08

blaqueknite

Fios service is available in Tiebout CO some of the first buildings to have it are the Twin Parks buildings on 180th and Southern Blvd.
Obi1Kanobi
join:2006-01-27
Bronx, NY

Obi1Kanobi to tired_runner

to tired_runner

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

No dice in Co-op city yet either, i dont think were ever going to get it
blaqueknite
join:2005-11-08

1 edit

blaqueknite

Heard a couple weeks ago that negotiations were tough, but that there was movement that makes this year promising. Realize this when Verizon got the franchise for Fios the city and state made it so no landlord could keep Fios out a building. That being said the company must still negotiate.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

to tired_runner
This is the thing that really gets me annoyed. I understand landlords have rights but the right to block their tenants a service they already have is insane. What im saying is : i live in a building and i been a verizon customer since 1990 why would i not allow Verizon to move into the future and help me cut the amount of visits to fix anything since fiber is less likely to get damage by pest like copper gets.
Eddy120876

to tired_runner
This is the thing that really gets me annoyed. I understand landlords have rights but the right to block their tenants a service they already have is insane. What im saying is : i live in a building and i been a verizon customer since 1990 why would i not allow Verizon to move into the future and help me cut the amount of visits to fix anything since fiber is less likely to get damage by pest like copper gets.
navyson
join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD

navyson to Obi1Kanobi

to Obi1Kanobi
Last thing we heard regarding FIOS in Coop City was that Cablevision had signed an exclusive marketing agreement with the Coop City Board which means that FIOS would not be able to do any direct marketing(door to door/lobby) within Coop City. Verizon apparently has a problem with that and thus the delay. Verizon should find other ways to market to the residents there. Cablevision wins everyday FIOS is not in Coop City.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Only way Verizon can do something is that the tenants demand it. Not sure theres any other way

mnmnstrd
@optonline.net

mnmnstrd

Anon

Hey guys. I was driving home today and I saw two FIOS trucks on W 235th and Netherland Avenue. Looks like they were running the fiber cables underground? They had manhole covers open. Either way, looks like Verizon is finally breaking ground in Riverdale.
dudeman456
join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

dudeman456

I expected Riverdale to have had it already.

What does the fiber cables look like?

I recently saw several Verizon trucks in my area up and down the street for about 5 to 6 blocks. The Verizon Techs were lowering a white tape like "cable" of a spindle into each manhole. Then Con-Edison trucks the next few days.

mking128
join:2005-08-10
Whitestone, NY

mking128

Click for full size
This one has the connector preinstalled
Click for full size
Black fiber cable on the left going into the wall
Click for full size
Closeup view of the black fiber cable with connector
We just got VZ Fios installed in our house, and the black fiber cable is very similar to the RG-6 coaxial cable in size, it's a bit flatter (not as round) - if you are up close enough to touch & look, you can see the white lettering identifying it as fiber.
dudeman456
join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

dudeman456

Thanks for the pictures mking128.

ddg4005
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Asus GT-AC5300

ddg4005 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
According to the rep I spoke with yesterday Fios is nowhere close to being available in my neighborhood (and this is is after being told by two different technicians that the CO on Tiebout Avenue has been upgraded to provide the service).

Hopefully this isn't true but if it is then this sucks.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

hey guys.

hey ddg keep me posted on your side of town. Also the tech I keep running into keep saying the same thing. If you live in a house pretty soon but if you live in a building then you are out of luck if your landlord won't allow us to come in.
Eddy120876

to tired_runner
Hey Folks Happy Easter to all. So any news?

Confirmed
@t-mobile.com

Confirmed

Anon

1500 block of Bruckner Blvd is lit.