spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to ddg4005

to ddg4005

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

This really bites bro. Two years already and nothing on our area. Yet you see verizon tech vans with the Fios logo all over it. Dang
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Eddie what part of the Bronx?
I'll try to get some info for you.
I'll make some calls Monday.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Hey PittPete

I live in the Fordham and webster area. Thank you for the help friend oh and have a great weekend.

ddg4005
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Asus GT-AC5300

ddg4005 to pittpete1

Premium Member

to pittpete1
said by pittpete1:

Eddie what part of the Bronx?
I'll try to get some info for you.
I'll make some calls Monday.

Can you check for availability in Bedford Park too? Thanks in advance.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Hey Pittpete

Any news?
sunny8294
Shqipe
join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)

sunny8294 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Does anyone know if FIOS will be available in Westchester Square area? Looks like its available on Tratman Avenue and St. Peters but not in the next block where I live (Frisby Avenue and St. Peters).
pittpete1

pittpete1 to Eddy120876

to Eddy120876
ED my man, so busy I forgot.
I'll check tomorrow if I remenber...
Sorry

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Is ok Pittpete i will wait patiently for your news friend. Thanks for checking for us in VZ
pittpete1

pittpete1

Anyone who wants to know when FIOS is coming to a certain area in the Bronx can post their address in this post or PM if they choose.
I can find out if FIOS is scheduled on the route or provide you with an estimated timeline.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

check your PM Pete
pittpete1

pittpete1 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
got it ed

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Ok Pete can't wait to see what they say.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Our building(125 unit apartment building On Williamsbridge Rd in the Bronx) is finally being wired by Verizon.I'm not entirely sure if it was the petition we all signed to get Verizon in after a lot of people were getting sick of the prices that Cablevision was charging.
A few questions about whats available .I believe they are coming in thru the ground into the basement as they had dug up the street about 7/8 years ago and where laying cable in the ground.They have started to drill holes in the stair cases.Is this how the would get it to your apartment?
Also what is available package wise and will it be fiber to the apartment?Do they have something similar to the Triple Play package?
I don't really need much of the TV side but do want the phone and high speed connection.
How do people here who have it like it?I'm tired of Cablevision.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5

Premium Member

If they are drilling holes in the staircase, my bet would be that they will put a box on each floor or every other one. From there they will put wiremold around the ceiling. At installation a tech will run from your apartment to the box in the molding.
Your ONT will be in the apartment so any package would be available.
I switched from TimeWarner in December and I love it.

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber to Fishead1

MVM

to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

They have started to drill holes in the stair cases.

It's impossible to tell from your description if this is for a MDU install, or fiber to each apartment.

If they are putting an MDU on each floor, then they wold still need to drill in the stairways to get fiber to the MDU on each floor.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

There is a youtube video how they wire nyc apts u can look at it see more or less how it works.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
Lucky you Fishead . I wish they were already drilling on my apartment . I can't take my DSL anymore . Since everybody in my house has a smart phone and a couple of ipads and 3DS is been swaping my internet. The only issue i have is what is the best package for the internet once i get FIOS. I don't want to pay too much and make my package so insanely high. I know you get the 15/5(but in reality is 20/10) correct?
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to tito79

to tito79
I found the video. is ratter short but i seen this method of crown molding used on my old building once Cableviz first came in. here's the Fios video

»youtu.be/KMQMgwa2gP4

and heres another guy showing his Fios installation

»youtu.be/saW9b-Yiwd8

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Thanks for all the replies guys.If I see them working I'll ask.I know they finished drilling on the other side of the building but I was at my dialysis appointment and didn't get back to run into them yesterday.
My friends and I usually are hanging out in the foyer at around 5PM to 7PM. and if their working at that time I will be sure to ask them whats up.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Well Fished anytime.

but hey your health comes first friend and dialysis is no joke. Well when you get the info let us know

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

As I was heading out a stopped when I saw the guy drilling thru the floor and asked him.He said it would be fiber to the apartment.And I guess it would be like that youtube video Eddy120876 posted.Raceway down the hall breaking off for each apartment.And then raceway in the apartment to the room where PC is at.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

If that happen where i live barring injury and sickness I would stop do a backflip and start singing "Hallelujah" .

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Saw them bringing in all the conduit to go where their drilling the holes all the staircases.The also had some boxes which I couldn't make out.
Ass for my health that's been pretty much a battle over the last 8 years.I have Hepatitis C and have had it for probably 40 years so my liver is gone.The Hep C has caused my kidneys to fail.What I really need is a double transplant.Been hanging on for a while because the drug therapy(Interferon and Ribaviron)didn't work.
Inf1nity
join:2013-02-06
Bronx, NY

Inf1nity to tired_runner

to tired_runner
An aunt of mine lives on E 187 St and Belmont Ave and just recently (about a month or so) FIOS became available to her.

I on the other hand, live 2 blocks down on E 187 St and Beaumont Ave and still not available to me. Hopefully soon.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

1 edit

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
The waiting reminds me so much of when the Cablevision high speed connection became available.This was about 2001/2002.
I had just come across this site(Broadband Reports)it was just getting off the ground I guess for a year or so.
I would visit the Cablevision forum every day and ask what zip code each person who said they got it ,was in.Then I finally started seeing the trucks out side working on the building and the poles.
Its very frustrating to wait and wait,Especially when you have been on 56k modem and downloading large files was worst the watching paint dry.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

last summer i saw cablevision tech installing Fiber but everybody around me says same speed as usual if you want more pay more something that Fios beats regardless.
pittpete1

pittpete1 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Guys who pmd and emailed me.
Im waiting for my friend to get back to me with info on the builds timelines

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Thanks Pete . Don't worry i will wait for your friends answer.
sunny8294
Shqipe
join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)

sunny8294 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
Thanks Pete, will wait for your reply.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Their putting up more junction boxes on each floor .If I get a chance tomorrow I'll take a few pictures.
Does anyone know what kind of packages they offer?Something like the Optimum Triple play?Internet,phone,and TV?