Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal

navyson

join:2011-07-15
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to Obi1Kanobi

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Last thing we heard regarding FIOS in Coop City was that Cablevision had signed an exclusive marketing agreement with the Coop City Board which means that FIOS would not be able to do any direct marketing(door to door/lobby) within Coop City. Verizon apparently has a problem with that and thus the delay. Verizon should find other ways to market to the residents there. Cablevision wins everyday FIOS is not in Coop City.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Only way Verizon can do something is that the tenants demand it. Not sure theres any other way

mnmnstrd

@optonline.net

Hey guys. I was driving home today and I saw two FIOS trucks on W 235th and Netherland Avenue. Looks like they were running the fiber cables underground? They had manhole covers open. Either way, looks like Verizon is finally breaking ground in Riverdale.

dudeman456

join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

I expected Riverdale to have had it already.

What does the fiber cables look like?

I recently saw several Verizon trucks in my area up and down the street for about 5 to 6 blocks. The Verizon Techs were lowering a white tape like "cable" of a spindle into each manhole. Then Con-Edison trucks the next few days.

mking128

join:2005-08-10
College Point, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Click for full size
This one has the connector preinstalled
Click for full size
Black fiber cable on the left going into the wall
Click for full size
Closeup view of the black fiber cable with connector
We just got VZ Fios installed in our house, and the black fiber cable is very similar to the RG-6 coaxial cable in size, it's a bit flatter (not as round) - if you are up close enough to touch & look, you can see the white lettering identifying it as fiber.

dudeman456

join:2005-04-29
New York, NY

Thanks for the pictures mking128.

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

According to the rep I spoke with yesterday Fios is nowhere close to being available in my neighborhood (and this is is after being told by two different technicians that the CO on Tiebout Avenue has been upgraded to provide the service).

Hopefully this isn't true but if it is then this sucks.
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

hey guys.

hey ddg keep me posted on your side of town. Also the tech I keep running into keep saying the same thing. If you live in a house pretty soon but if you live in a building then you are out of luck if your landlord won't allow us to come in.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey Folks Happy Easter to all. So any news?

Confirmed

@t-mobile.com

1500 block of Bruckner Blvd is lit.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

hi folks whats new on your ends with FIOS?

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2

Nothing new. Still same ole copper to the cluster of private houses next to mine. Everyone else with aerial pole runs from the sidewalk can get it.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Dang this slow down is killing us

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Me:Helloooo

echo=Hello to you too and welcome

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08

There really isn't much to report the work in the Bronx has slowed a little. New jobs are supposed to come in it will probably take a couple a months to see the results of this. There is a big push for Fios in Brooklyn since they are behind in their program. I and other techs from the Bronx have been working regularly in Brooklyn. Many of the Brooklyn projects are getting Fios. About a month ago I worked on the backbone for Coop City. The backbone is the main feed cable that runs underground. Still no agreement with Coop City for Fios, but with the backbone in things can move quickly if permission is granted.

clrana9017

join:2009-05-12

Any news about Flatbush/Prospect Lefferts Gardens 11225? We were wired, but we only have one FDH on the end of the block and it only has five ports nor are we lit/provisioned in the system to have FiOS.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

I feel bad for BK they always get the shaft when it comes to new stuff and yet BK is one of the oldest boroughs.

blaqueknite

I can't tell you about Lefferts Gardens siThe Pinlnce I didn't work on it. I worked the Fios jobs at Bayview and Breuklen Houses. The Pink Houses will be next sometime in July.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Hey Blaqueknite

man i wish i had somebody in VZ that could tell me how long it would take for the folk in my are to receive the fiber goodness

blaqueknite

It's hard to speak on any particular area do you know what CO you get service from?

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Hey BlaqueKnite

well the Co close to me if im not wrong is the one by Lehman college since im right by webster and Fordham road

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

said by blaqueknite:

It's hard to speak on any particular area do you know what CO you get service from?

The CO Eddy's referring to is on Tiebout Avenue and East 18th Street. I was told by a technician last year that the wiring for Fios began before the strike and he was sure it was completed after it ended. Can you confirm this as this is the CO that services Fordham, Kingsbridge, and Bedford Park?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

blaqueknite

Yes all the areas you mentioned are served by Tiebout and Fios service is available out of Tiebout now. All thats left is for a landlord to allow it into a building.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Now BlaqueKnite

Thats the problem allowing into my building since i don't know how my scumlord will react. Also i was talking to VZ about a payment I made and the person on the other end of the line kept saying that the static on my end was horrible when i was silent. So he told me i should have it check out once Fios arrives.

@ddg4005

Thanks for the clarification bud. Also had you spoke to that same tech after the strike?

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey folks just bumping our section of DSLreports. Well my DSL connection was acting up so VZ came over to check. They found a problem with the main copper line that goes into the building(rats chewing it) So i will get a new router modem combo. From what the tech told me it looks like the one FIOS uses. I hope it is that one since it has a strong WIFI penetration through walls. Will keep you posted on that folks.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Anybody alive in here???

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2

Still only have DSL at my address. Verizon hasn't gotten around to ripping off the copper here yet in exchange for LTE only.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Same here Network Guy. Nothing here yet.

boomer560

@rcn.net
reply to Network Guy

I've had Fios since Nov'11 and im on Newbold ave in the BX (not trying to rub it in, just thinking it may be closer than you think)

dbb

join:2002-11-26
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Still waiting for FiOS here in Riverdale (10463). I know the Kingsbridge CO is supposed to be the last one upgraded in the Bronx so I'm not holding my breath. DSL speeds are starting to get to me now though, so I'll probably end up switching to Cablevision sometime in the near future.