how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Hey BlaqueKnite

well the Co close to me if im not wrong is the one by Lehman college since im right by webster and Fordham road

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

said by blaqueknite:

It's hard to speak on any particular area do you know what CO you get service from?

The CO Eddy's referring to is on Tiebout Avenue and East 18th Street. I was told by a technician last year that the wiring for Fios began before the strike and he was sure it was completed after it ended. Can you confirm this as this is the CO that services Fordham, Kingsbridge, and Bedford Park?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08

Yes all the areas you mentioned are served by Tiebout and Fios service is available out of Tiebout now. All thats left is for a landlord to allow it into a building.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Now BlaqueKnite

Thats the problem allowing into my building since i don't know how my scumlord will react. Also i was talking to VZ about a payment I made and the person on the other end of the line kept saying that the static on my end was horrible when i was silent. So he told me i should have it check out once Fios arrives.

@ddg4005

Thanks for the clarification bud. Also had you spoke to that same tech after the strike?

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey folks just bumping our section of DSLreports. Well my DSL connection was acting up so VZ came over to check. They found a problem with the main copper line that goes into the building(rats chewing it) So i will get a new router modem combo. From what the tech told me it looks like the one FIOS uses. I hope it is that one since it has a strong WIFI penetration through walls. Will keep you posted on that folks.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Anybody alive in here???

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2

Still only have DSL at my address. Verizon hasn't gotten around to ripping off the copper here yet in exchange for LTE only.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Same here Network Guy. Nothing here yet.

boomer560

@rcn.net
reply to Network Guy

I've had Fios since Nov'11 and im on Newbold ave in the BX (not trying to rub it in, just thinking it may be closer than you think)

dbb

join:2002-11-26
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Still waiting for FiOS here in Riverdale (10463). I know the Kingsbridge CO is supposed to be the last one upgraded in the Bronx so I'm not holding my breath. DSL speeds are starting to get to me now though, so I'll probably end up switching to Cablevision sometime in the near future.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online
reply to boomer560

I'm at Powell and Castle Hill. There's service down my street where Verizon did aerial runs via utility poles on the sidewalks. The utility poles at my address are behind the property.

Oh well.. I still have a good deal with Cablevision. At this point, I don't really care anymore.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to boomer560

Is ok Boomer. What really irks me is we have a business (a children's clinic) that had Fios for over 4 years. They are a block away from my home

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to dbb

damn dbb that means you and I will be having issues crap. Since im near the Kingsbridge one.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Had you tried asking VZ why theres a line behind your property and no service to you?

likerondo7

join:2012-05-29

1 edit

seen a verizon truck the other day and according to the map the apartment next to me has fios. so hopefully by this month i get it.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Likerondo7

where in the BX?

likerondo7

near montefiorre hospital around that area. on gunhill road ima call tommorow though and be like "i see some buildings around me got fios, what about mines" lol.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

likerondo7

oh ok . not too far. too bad they are not in Fordham road already

likerondo7

reply to Network Guy

well i heard if you see verizon trucks and stuff. it still takes like 1-2 months before you can actually get it.

this was the first truck, i'll let ya know if i see more.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

keep me posted likerondo7. I spoke with some tech a few months back they kept telling me . Private home real quick buildings..will take time because of landlords.

Hey by the way your screen name. I know Like rondo..are we talking about Rajon Rondo..or the Kia Rondo?

likerondo7

reply to Network Guy

rajon rondo lol. and wtf i called and they said 6-12 months . thats bull , the building next to me has it.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Ok lol because Im a die hard Celtics fan. Hey at least you got a definite time frame. I get maybe in a few years. If the reason why they are stalling has to do with the landlord.

likerondo7

1 edit

knicks all day though lol. and verizon dsl sucks. my brother sucks up all the bandwidth and it makes me lag when i play ps3. i need FIOS now lol.

edit : anyone know how to get landlords email

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Hey is your choice so not going to hold it against you. LOL.. Hey i know the DSL is saturates real quick from so many users. yes we need Fios asap

ozzny
Premium
join:2005-04-22
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Anyone have any news on Sedgwick Ave, Zip code 10468. I have seen lots of Verizon trucks in the area lately.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Hey Ozz

did you ask any of the tech from VZ if they are putting up any fiber or just usual copper line repairs for the winter?

StandTro

join:2010-01-11
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Anybody knows when Verizon FiOS will be available at Pelham Pkwy South, Bronx, NY 10462?
It's been a long time, I think is time it should be available where I live.
If there any info please post here.

Thanks!

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

@StandTro

Had you tried calling then and asking then whats up with your area? I did hear that some areas of Pelham did had FIOS.

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08

Backbone cable for Riverdale should be placed by the end of November.

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY

said by blaqueknite:

Backbone cable for Riverdale should be placed by the end of November.

Good to hear but I wonder why the service still isn't available in my neighborhood? I live on Bedford Park Boulevard and according to Verizon's web site my building cannot get Fios.
--
A man must have a code -Bunk