uniqs
share rss forum feed

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY

1 edit
reply to Network Guy

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Nothing new for the Bronx?

Real Happy

@optonline.net
reply to Network Guy

Fios is finally coming to Parkchester!

»www.engadgethd.com/2008/10/21/ve···arkches/

They have been digging. I've seen them. I am happy.

revned

join:2000-03-17
Bronx, NY
reply to ddg4005

"

What do the trucks look like? I know it's a silly question but I want to know what look for in my neighborhood.
"

Just look for verizon trucks carrying a large spindle of black cables. Large as in it may be the height of the average person and might weight a ton.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to revned

said by revned:

Saw quiet a few verizon trucks by the poles today pulling cables. One of the techs I asked said that it is fiber for FIOS and that it would be going live in 2-3 months. My area is Gifford Ave and Balcom Ave. When I drove around my area these trucks were all over the place starting from Lehman Highschool to East Tremont and Bruckner. I'm not sure how many more trucks were around but one was enough to get me excited.
What do the trucks look like? I know it's a silly question but I want to know what look for in my neighborhood.

revned

join:2000-03-17
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Saw quiet a few verizon trucks by the poles today pulling cables. One of the techs I asked said that it is fiber for FIOS and that it would be going live in 2-3 months. My area is Gifford Ave and Balcom Ave. When I drove around my area these trucks were all over the place starting from Lehman Highschool to East Tremont and Bruckner. I'm not sure how many more trucks were around but one was enough to get me excited.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Blaquenite:

What are the chances my area (Tremont/Morris Heights) will see availability next year?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

frisco09

join:2008-03-07
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

the poles are in front of my house so u saying fios wont be on my block i live on hollywood ave cross street miles ave miles ave as fios..pleas help me out i dont have no tv cablevison sucks...

sunny8294
Shqipe

join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)

1 edit
reply to tsskiller

Any hope for Tratman Avenue Blaqueknite? I knew that Throgs Neck is served out of Tratman Avenue CO, how come its available in Throgs Neck but not on Tratman Avenue?

tsskiller

join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

said by blaqueknite:

Hello, I'm a Field Technican for Verizon
Do you have any information about when Pelham Bay will be lit and ready for orders?

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08
reply to Network Guy

Hello, I'm a Field Technican for Verizon, why the name calling friso09? The workers you see in the street don't decide where Fios is placed. They go by work prints designed by Verizon engineers. Does your block have the poles in either the front or the back yards. Could be the print for your block hasn't been sent out to be worked. Also could be some logistical problem holding things up. Jammmin no word on CO-OP City.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

FIOS IS AVIABLE IN THROGS NECK NOW IN SOME HOUSES MY FRIENDS HOUSE AS IT BUT I DONT HAVE IT AND IM LIKE 3 BLOCKS AWAY FROM HIM...I GUESS VERIZON WORKERS ARE LAZY..WHO KNOWS IT SEEMS LIKE ALL OF THROGS NECK AS IT BUT MY BLOCK...

jammmin

join:2000-12-14
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to Network Guy

Any word if Verizon has reached an agreement with Coop City?

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to DVRaholic

That's good to hear. So far I haven't seen any work crews around the in my neighborhood. It looks my I'm back to waiting for Fios again .
--

DVRaholic
Premium
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY
reply to laixer

Saw some workers digging in front of my laundromat on Westchester ave near pelham bay park, asked them what they were doing they said they were laying piping for the telephone company.. I said for FIOS???? they said yes, they have to run it underground from Crosby/Westchester avenue to the end of Westchester ave at Pelham bay park becuase the poles are too old to run the fiber up there, asked how long it would take they said 1 month for them, then another crew has to put a tube inside the pipe, then Verizon can run the fiber through the pipe.. figure if all goes well 2-3 months.. hopefully in time for Christmas

laixer

@optonline.net
reply to residualparadox

Holland Ave & Pelham Pky? That's so close... Will it be available in apt buildings? (holland ave is pretty much all apartment buildings, isn't it?)

residualparadox

@optonline.net
reply to ddg4005

I just spoke to a Verizon installer on my block. He said we can expect FiOS on Holland Ave near Pelham Pkwy. by the end of March 2009.

It'll be a while, but I'm looking forward to it being available.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I called Verizon again today (yes I know I'm a pain about Fios) and was told the service "might" be available in early 2009, around January, for the Tremont section of the Bronx. Since the reps never have definite confirmation of CO activations I guess I'll have to wait and see.

So far this is the most promising information I've received from a rep; I hope it's true (it'd be nice to have Fios TV and Internet service for my birthday).
--

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to Network Guy

Thanks for the update ddg.
--
.:: Sunny ::.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY

1 edit
reply to Network Guy

I called Verizon again about Fios in the Tremont section but it's still not available. Right now I'm on the 7.1/768 DSL plan and my up and down speeds are good. I'm still hopeful that we'll see the service sometime soon.
--

Anaerobic

join:2008-09-02
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I'm wondering about some current news as well. I wonder how they would hook up my building (I'm on the 23rd of 24 floors).

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to Network Guy

Any update(s) about Bronx area?
--

DVRaholic
Premium
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I know Throggs Neck is getting Wired right now, any news on Pelham Bay to get wired also ???

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to Network Guy

[Business] (topic move) FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Moderator Action
The post that was here (and all 1 followups to it), has been moved to a new topic .. »Silver Beach Problems - gavinatah

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to sunny8294

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

very good progress today 8/18/08 the tec were doing alot of work on my block. i asked what they are doing they said they just running reg yellow rope so it be easy to run the cables for the fios service...and he also told most of the underground work on tremont ave was done and soon it be up a running..i cant wait

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to Network Guy

That's a good progress! I believe Throgs Neck is served out of Tratman Avenue CO and I saw them working towards E. Tremont Avenue from Tratman through Lane and Westchester Avenue.
--

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Well i was at the bus stop near tremont ave throgs neck section of the bronx..near the throgs neck post office the tec told me depending on weather condition maybe by jan 19.....throgs neck should be done..our by the end of the year..can wait good by cablevision....

robin32

@rr.com
reply to eppyk

Order Directv or DishNetwork in Parkchester at »www.parkchesterinfo.com/satellit···tetv.asp

»www.parkchesterinfo.com

eppyk

@optonline.net
reply to Network Guy

Its too bad I live in Parkchester. we'll probably never get fios here. They still don't even offer dsl in my building. I'm getting tired of dealing with cablevision.

l video

@verizon.net
reply to Network Guy

the first video install for the bronx going out 7/28/08....it's on

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I hope I don't have to wait until 2012 to get Fios internet and TV service. There hasn't been any word on when Tremont will get wired up.
--