uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
watch

JohnA
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to misdirection

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Top right. New Topic

misdirection

join:2008-12-31
Rochester, NY
reply to JohnA

Sorry if I sidetracked, HOW do I post a new thread? Seriously, the web design is HORRENDOUS! I can't find the simple button "NEW" or "NEW THREAD".

????

Thanks.

JohnA
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA

2 edits
reply to frisco09

I'm not your bro, and that just means there are 2 of you with bad info.

According to your own posts, those yellow ropes were run on your block on 8/18/08, over 4 months ago.

frisco09

join:2008-03-07
Bronx, NY
reply to JohnA

your so wrong bro please i know alot about this and my cousin works for verizon he said it does nto take up 2 6 months..

JohnA
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to frisco09

said by frisco09:

ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...
No one is wrong when quoting their experience. It takes @ a year to build out a CO. If your fiber is run first, it can easily take 6 months before they sell it. At the end of the deploy, you will be able to get it much sooner after the fiber is run. What's happening on your block, is not the rule, by which you declare people wrong.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to DVRaholic

ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...

sunny8294
Shqipe

join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)
reply to Network Guy

How about Westchester Square Area or Tratman Ave. to be exact.:)
--
.:: Sunny ::.

DVRaholic
Premium
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY
reply to tsskiller

Just because they are getting the Fiber doesn't mean it will be turned on next week, It will probably still be months before you can order. Getting the Fibre up is just the first step in the process.

I live in Woodlawn and i have Fios in my home. It took 6+ months after the Fibre went up on my block before I could order.

I don't think it will be this long especially since they are working much faster because of the TV now being available.

But it will still take some time, I'm guessing by February you will probably be able to order in your home, and me in my store

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Anaerobic

throgs neck section

tsskiller

join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY

1 edit
reply to DVRaholic

I also saw rolls of fiber above the mailbox on Continental and Westchester (and also slightly up the block where the record store used to be). Interestingly enough, the guy that I talked with over the phone said that none of the addresses on my block are pending (within the 30-day window of FiOS activation) yet.

DVRaholic
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to DVRaholic

Just saw 4 trucks on St. Paul and 196th sttreet running yellow Guide rope for the Fios...
Looks like its coming real soon tsskiller,
real soon

DVRaholic
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to tsskiller

said by tsskiller:

Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.
Coming soon to Pelham Bay.
They are wiring near St. Theresa church, saw them over there the other day running the Fios

tsskiller

Bronx, NY
reply to Anaerobic

Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.

Anaerobic

join:2008-09-02
Bronx, NY
reply to frisco09

frisco09, where in the Bronx are you located if you don't mind my asking?

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

OH YEA BABY JUST ORDERED FIOS SERVICE TODAY THEY MADE A ALL DAY APPOINTMENT FOR THIS WED OH YEA I JUDT HOPE THEY WERE NOT LYING TO ME..GOT A ORDER NUMBER ALL EVERYTHING....SO WILL SEE WED..WILL REPOST FOR MORE INFO WED OR THURSDAY

blackriders

join:2005-01-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I'm in the allerton ave, white plains road area.

Any word i've been seeing more and more activity there hopefully it won't be to far away.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to ddg4005

my block in throgs neck section is getting done as i type this..hollywood ave n miles ave

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to ddg4005

ok I am getting little impatient now with OOL having continuous problems everyday!

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY

1 edit
reply to Network Guy

Nothing new for the Bronx?

Real Happy

@optonline.net
reply to Network Guy

Fios is finally coming to Parkchester!

»www.engadgethd.com/2008/10/21/ve···arkches/

They have been digging. I've seen them. I am happy.

revned

join:2000-03-17
Bronx, NY
reply to ddg4005

"

What do the trucks look like? I know it's a silly question but I want to know what look for in my neighborhood.
"

Just look for verizon trucks carrying a large spindle of black cables. Large as in it may be the height of the average person and might weight a ton.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to revned

said by revned:

Saw quiet a few verizon trucks by the poles today pulling cables. One of the techs I asked said that it is fiber for FIOS and that it would be going live in 2-3 months. My area is Gifford Ave and Balcom Ave. When I drove around my area these trucks were all over the place starting from Lehman Highschool to East Tremont and Bruckner. I'm not sure how many more trucks were around but one was enough to get me excited.
What do the trucks look like? I know it's a silly question but I want to know what look for in my neighborhood.

revned

join:2000-03-17
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Saw quiet a few verizon trucks by the poles today pulling cables. One of the techs I asked said that it is fiber for FIOS and that it would be going live in 2-3 months. My area is Gifford Ave and Balcom Ave. When I drove around my area these trucks were all over the place starting from Lehman Highschool to East Tremont and Bruckner. I'm not sure how many more trucks were around but one was enough to get me excited.

ddg4005
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Blaquenite:

What are the chances my area (Tremont/Morris Heights) will see availability next year?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

the poles are in front of my house so u saying fios wont be on my block i live on hollywood ave cross street miles ave miles ave as fios..pleas help me out i dont have no tv cablevison sucks...

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)

1 edit
reply to tsskiller

Any hope for Tratman Avenue Blaqueknite? I knew that Throgs Neck is served out of Tratman Avenue CO, how come its available in Throgs Neck but not on Tratman Avenue?

tsskiller

Bronx, NY
reply to blaqueknite

said by blaqueknite:

Hello, I'm a Field Technican for Verizon
Do you have any information about when Pelham Bay will be lit and ready for orders?

blaqueknite

join:2005-11-08
reply to Network Guy

Hello, I'm a Field Technican for Verizon, why the name calling friso09? The workers you see in the street don't decide where Fios is placed. They go by work prints designed by Verizon engineers. Does your block have the poles in either the front or the back yards. Could be the print for your block hasn't been sent out to be worked. Also could be some logistical problem holding things up. Jammmin no word on CO-OP City.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

FIOS IS AVIABLE IN THROGS NECK NOW IN SOME HOUSES MY FRIENDS HOUSE AS IT BUT I DONT HAVE IT AND IM LIKE 3 BLOCKS AWAY FROM HIM...I GUESS VERIZON WORKERS ARE LAZY..WHO KNOWS IT SEEMS LIKE ALL OF THROGS NECK AS IT BUT MY BLOCK...

jammmin

join:2000-12-14
Upper Marlboro, MD
reply to Network Guy

Any word if Verizon has reached an agreement with Coop City?