how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Agent Smith

join:2008-07-07
New York
reply to Network Guy

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

They put the black boxes on my pole few months ago o man cant wait will feb 15.

bronxlcsw

join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Optimum Online
reply to Network Guy
Just finished talking to a FIOS Customer Rep. They knew what they were talking about and not a Foreigner in India. This Cust Rep said that the timing from actual street wiring to being able to order FIOS is about 3 months. So in my areas case i am looking at say 6-8 weeks wait to order FIOS. I plan to use 2 Tivo HD boxes. However i was a little dissapointed that they do not use Multistream cards. I would have to "Rent" 2 cards per box at $3.99 per month. I guess i can use the multimedia DVR for the other 2 televisions in the home. Also checked the channel lineup and holy cow does anyone have time to see the 200 or more sd and HD movie channels? Anyone know how long the install is? 5,6,9 hours?

Agent Smith

New York
reply to Network Guy
I ask one of the verizon techs they said they may have it ready by Feb 15.

bronxlcsw

join:2005-09-21
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
·Optimum Online
reply to Network Guy
I am on Hobart Ave between Wilkinson and St Theresa . On St Theresa especially there were like 5 large trucks wiring poles 4 weeks ago. every time i ask the verizon guys they say 'Early 2009" Does it mean Feb? March? I am anxious to get this now that i found out i could use my TIVO HD with cablecards supplied by verizon. cant wait.

Agent Smith

New York
reply to Network Guy
i saw verizon cars around here installing black boxes on the wires.

sunny8294
Shqipe

join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)
reply to frisco09
Oh man, I knew Throgs Neck is served out of Tratman Avenue CO then how come its available in Throgs Neck but not on Tratman Avenue itself. hmm!

Agent Smith

New York
reply to Network Guy
I live on coddington ave and mayflower ave 10461 is fios here?

Thinkdiff
Premium,MVM
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY
kudos:11
reply to Network Guy
I'm in Throggs Neck as well, FiOS is now available. I'll have to think about getting it. Waiting to see what Cablevision will offer once DOCSIS3 goes live.
--
University of Southern California - Class of 2010. Fight On!

frisco09

join:2008-03-07
Bronx, NY
reply to sunny8294
throgs neck section between hollywood and miles ave..

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to frisco09
nice man! congrats! where in the bronx are you man?

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to frisco09
Oh yea fios is installed and wow...took the tec about 7 hours because of making the hole that took long time..but i got it and its running and it fast the internet but the tv hd channles omg..thats all i got to say...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8y6c8yi5o
check it out..

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
WELL THEY NEVER CAME BACAUSE OF THE WEATHER BUT THEY COMING NEXT SAT WOULD OF CAME THE NEXT DAY BUT WORK SUCKS..ANYWAYS THEY WILL BE AT MY HOUSE NEXT SAT THE NEXT APPOINTMENT..

JohnA
Premium
join:2003-09-16
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to misdirection

Top right. New Topic

misdirection

join:2008-12-31
Rochester, NY
reply to JohnA
Sorry if I sidetracked, HOW do I post a new thread? Seriously, the web design is HORRENDOUS! I can't find the simple button "NEW" or "NEW THREAD".

????

Thanks.

JohnA
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA

2 edits
reply to frisco09

I'm not your bro, and that just means there are 2 of you with bad info.

According to your own posts, those yellow ropes were run on your block on 8/18/08, over 4 months ago.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to JohnA
your so wrong bro please i know alot about this and my cousin works for verizon he said it does nto take up 2 6 months..

JohnA
Premium
Pittsburgh, PA
reply to frisco09
said by frisco09:

ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...
No one is wrong when quoting their experience. It takes @ a year to build out a CO. If your fiber is run first, it can easily take 6 months before they sell it. At the end of the deploy, you will be able to get it much sooner after the fiber is run. What's happening on your block, is not the rule, by which you declare people wrong.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to DVRaholic
ur wrong because they did the yellow guide rope 4 weeks ago and verizon is coming to my house 2morrow to install it...

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to Network Guy
How about Westchester Square Area or Tratman Ave. to be exact.:)
--
.:: Sunny ::.

DVRaholic
Premium
join:2006-01-20
Bronx, NY
reply to tsskiller
Just because they are getting the Fiber doesn't mean it will be turned on next week, It will probably still be months before you can order. Getting the Fibre up is just the first step in the process.

I live in Woodlawn and i have Fios in my home. It took 6+ months after the Fibre went up on my block before I could order.

I don't think it will be this long especially since they are working much faster because of the TV now being available.

But it will still take some time, I'm guessing by February you will probably be able to order in your home, and me in my store

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Anaerobic
throgs neck section

tsskiller

join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY

1 edit
reply to DVRaholic
I also saw rolls of fiber above the mailbox on Continental and Westchester (and also slightly up the block where the record store used to be). Interestingly enough, the guy that I talked with over the phone said that none of the addresses on my block are pending (within the 30-day window of FiOS activation) yet.

DVRaholic
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to DVRaholic
Just saw 4 trucks on St. Paul and 196th sttreet running yellow Guide rope for the Fios...
Looks like its coming real soon tsskiller,
real soon

DVRaholic
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to tsskiller
said by tsskiller:

Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.
Coming soon to Pelham Bay.
They are wiring near St. Theresa church, saw them over there the other day running the Fios

tsskiller

join:2005-07-24
Bronx, NY
reply to Anaerobic
Still not available near Pelham Bay Station yet.

Anaerobic

join:2008-09-02
Bronx, NY
reply to frisco09
frisco09, where in the Bronx are you located if you don't mind my asking?

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
OH YEA BABY JUST ORDERED FIOS SERVICE TODAY THEY MADE A ALL DAY APPOINTMENT FOR THIS WED OH YEA I JUDT HOPE THEY WERE NOT LYING TO ME..GOT A ORDER NUMBER ALL EVERYTHING....SO WILL SEE WED..WILL REPOST FOR MORE INFO WED OR THURSDAY

blackriders

join:2005-01-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
I'm in the allerton ave, white plains road area.

Any word i've been seeing more and more activity there hopefully it won't be to far away.

frisco09

Bronx, NY
reply to ddg4005
my block in throgs neck section is getting done as i type this..hollywood ave n miles ave

sunny8294
Shqipe

Localhost ;)
reply to ddg4005
ok I am getting little impatient now with OOL having continuous problems everyday!