uniqs

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to Eddy120876

Premium Member

to Eddy120876

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

As I was heading out a stopped when I saw the guy drilling thru the floor and asked him.He said it would be fiber to the apartment.And I guess it would be like that youtube video Eddy120876 posted.Raceway down the hall breaking off for each apartment.And then raceway in the apartment to the room where PC is at.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

If that happen where i live barring injury and sickness I would stop do a backflip and start singing "Hallelujah" .

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Saw them bringing in all the conduit to go where their drilling the holes all the staircases.The also had some boxes which I couldn't make out.
Ass for my health that's been pretty much a battle over the last 8 years.I have Hepatitis C and have had it for probably 40 years so my liver is gone.The Hep C has caused my kidneys to fail.What I really need is a double transplant.Been hanging on for a while because the drug therapy(Interferon and Ribaviron)didn't work.
Inf1nity
join:2013-02-06
Bronx, NY

Inf1nity to tired_runner

to tired_runner
An aunt of mine lives on E 187 St and Belmont Ave and just recently (about a month or so) FIOS became available to her.

I on the other hand, live 2 blocks down on E 187 St and Beaumont Ave and still not available to me. Hopefully soon.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

1 edit

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
The waiting reminds me so much of when the Cablevision high speed connection became available.This was about 2001/2002.
I had just come across this site(Broadband Reports)it was just getting off the ground I guess for a year or so.
I would visit the Cablevision forum every day and ask what zip code each person who said they got it ,was in.Then I finally started seeing the trucks out side working on the building and the poles.
Its very frustrating to wait and wait,Especially when you have been on 56k modem and downloading large files was worst the watching paint dry.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

last summer i saw cablevision tech installing Fiber but everybody around me says same speed as usual if you want more pay more something that Fios beats regardless.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Guys who pmd and emailed me.
Im waiting for my friend to get back to me with info on the builds timelines

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Thanks Pete . Don't worry i will wait for your friends answer.
sunny8294
Shqipe
join:2001-03-15
Localhost ;)

sunny8294 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
Thanks Pete, will wait for your reply.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Their putting up more junction boxes on each floor .If I get a chance tomorrow I'll take a few pictures.
Does anyone know what kind of packages they offer?Something like the Optimum Triple play?Internet,phone,and TV?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

said by Fishead1:

Does anyone know what kind of packages they offer?

Have you checked VZ's web site?
»www22.verizon.com/home/f ··· advisor/

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

I've checked that out and because they are still installing it says its not available for me.But the basic package looks very good($94.99).
Do you know if they charge for equipment,like any boxes you need in your apartment for the connection and installation?I really don't have the up front money.Is there any payment plan that I can pay over time if they charge for the install?

More Fiber
MVM
join:2005-09-26
Cape Coral, FL

More Fiber

MVM

VZ charges a monthly rental for STBs. No charge for the ONT, router, or installation. Activation fee is waived if ordered from the web.

KBT_2775
@optonline.net

KBT_2775

Anon

Any word on when FIOS will be available in Kingsbridge (10463)? I've been checking about twice a year for the last 5 or so years.

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5 to Fishead1

Premium Member

to Fishead1
Once your building is wired more than likely a sales force will come out. They will offer deals. We were wired recently and ther is a flyer downstairs. Triple play with SHO and Movie channel thrown in for a year and a $300 Visa card for $79.99 per month. (Plus boxes and fees)

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

Sounds good.I don't use credit cards just my bank card for use at ATM'S so what good is the Visa card to me?
Also for those who have had it for the year what does the price go up to after that first year?I know after my first year with Cablevision it went from the $90 + to $147 after the first year.
pittpete1

to tired_runner
What good is a $300 prepaid Visa card?
Think about it

Pathfinder5
Dazed Confused
Premium Member
join:2000-03-26
New York, NY

Pathfinder5 to Fishead1

Premium Member

to Fishead1
$300 worth of groceries comes to mind.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Its just that I don't trust the credit card companies.As long as there's no strings attached I could use $300.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
300 buck simple. Use it right back to pay for my Fios service that would cover about 3 months worth of worry free service and use that time for saving so that i can pay 3 more months down the road.thats what I would do with the 300 dollar card.
tired_runner
Premium Member
join:2000-08-25
CT
·Frontier FiberOp..

tired_runner to Pathfinder5

Premium Member

to Pathfinder5
said by Pathfinder5:

$300 worth of groceries comes to mind.

This

Or one can try to withdraw it for cash but I'm sure that comes with a penalty or fee.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Well It is Fiber.Just went down to the basement and followed the pipe that they were installing all the ways back to a Verizon panel.Then saw the big black cable(marked fiber optics) leading from there out the back of the building.
Not sure if its off the pole(telephone pole) that the fiber is coming from or from fiber cable they laid down about 7/8 years ago underground.
If anyone is familiar with Williamsbridge Rd.They dug a trench on the west side of the Ave .Not sure but I think it went to Westchester Sq and pretty far up the other way.Does anyone know if Fiber was laid in this trench?I recall asking one of the workers back then and him saying yes.But who knows.As long as I can get fiber to my apartment ,that would be great.
Fishead1

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
I walked around the block of my apartment building(Sacket Ave and Williamsbridge Rd.) And saw the fiber cable coming in off the pole above ground.So its not from the buried line on Williamsbridge Ave that I thought it was.
Looks like I might be able to get it in a few weeks.Most of the pipe is run from the basement and junction boxes and pipe are in place on each floor.Just have to put in the wiring and electronics for the junction boxes and run the raceway to each apartment.
Seems like a great deal to start with.Not sure how much it will go up after the first year.
I did see on their site that its $94.99 without a contract or $94.99 for a 2 year with contract.The 2 year deal comes with the $250 Visa card.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Keep us posted Fish also see if you can take some pictures so we can see your set up
pittpete1

to tired_runner
Bronx guys, just sent another email to my colleague on the inside reminding him about the addresses you 3 gave me.
FYI

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
I'll take some pictures of the boxes on each floor and I'll take a picture of the panel down in the basement when I get a chance.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
Thank you Pete
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
Thank you Fish

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here are some photos of the installation .
The first 2 pictures are the breakout box on my floor(6th top floor).
The 3rd picture is a larger breakout box on the 5th floor.I haven't gone down every floor but the 4th floor has a small breakout box.
The last 2 pictures are in the basement where the fiber cable comes in.

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

That fiber in the last 2 pictures is not for FiOS - it looks like it's for a hi-cap circuit for a cell site or similar high-bandwidth application. You still have a while before FiOS gets installed in your building....