« My friend may drop Fios after only 2 days !E-mail trouble »
prev · 1 · 2 · 3 ... 38 · 39 · 40 · 41 · 42 · 43 · 44 ... 58 · 59 · 60 · next

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
reply to Fishead1

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

said by Fishead1:

Does anyone know what kind of packages they offer?

Have you checked VZ's web site?
»www22.verizon.com/home/fiosplana ··· advisor/
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I've checked that out and because they are still installing it says its not available for me.But the basic package looks very good($94.99).
Do you know if they charge for equipment,like any boxes you need in your apartment for the connection and installation?I really don't have the up front money.Is there any payment plan that I can pay over time if they charge for the install?

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:32
VZ charges a monthly rental for STBs. No charge for the ONT, router, or installation. Activation fee is waived if ordered from the web.

--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

KBT_2775

@optonline.net
Any word on when FIOS will be available in Kingsbridge (10463)? I've been checking about twice a year for the last 5 or so years.

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Fishead1
Once your building is wired more than likely a sales force will come out. They will offer deals. We were wired recently and ther is a flyer downstairs. Triple play with SHO and Movie channel thrown in for a year and a $300 Visa card for $79.99 per month. (Plus boxes and fees)

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Sounds good.I don't use credit cards just my bank card for use at ATM'S so what good is the Visa card to me?
Also for those who have had it for the year what does the price go up to after that first year?I know after my first year with Cablevision it went from the $90 + to $147 after the first year.

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
reply to Network Guy
What good is a $300 prepaid Visa card?
Think about it

Pathfinder
Dazed Confused
Premium
join:2000-03-26
Mount Vernon, NY
reply to Fishead1
$300 worth of groceries comes to mind.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
Its just that I don't trust the credit card companies.As long as there's no strings attached I could use $300.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
300 buck simple. Use it right back to pay for my Fios service that would cover about 3 months worth of worry free service and use that time for saving so that i can pay 3 more months down the road.thats what I would do with the 300 dollar card.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Google Voice
·Verizon FiOS
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
reply to Pathfinder
said by Pathfinder:

$300 worth of groceries comes to mind.

This

Or one can try to withdraw it for cash but I'm sure that comes with a penalty or fee.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Well It is Fiber.Just went down to the basement and followed the pipe that they were installing all the ways back to a Verizon panel.Then saw the big black cable(marked fiber optics) leading from there out the back of the building.
Not sure if its off the pole(telephone pole) that the fiber is coming from or from fiber cable they laid down about 7/8 years ago underground.
If anyone is familiar with Williamsbridge Rd.They dug a trench on the west side of the Ave .Not sure but I think it went to Westchester Sq and pretty far up the other way.Does anyone know if Fiber was laid in this trench?I recall asking one of the workers back then and him saying yes.But who knows.As long as I can get fiber to my apartment ,that would be great.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
I walked around the block of my apartment building(Sacket Ave and Williamsbridge Rd.) And saw the fiber cable coming in off the pole above ground.So its not from the buried line on Williamsbridge Ave that I thought it was.
Looks like I might be able to get it in a few weeks.Most of the pipe is run from the basement and junction boxes and pipe are in place on each floor.Just have to put in the wiring and electronics for the junction boxes and run the raceway to each apartment.
Seems like a great deal to start with.Not sure how much it will go up after the first year.
I did see on their site that its $94.99 without a contract or $94.99 for a 2 year with contract.The 2 year deal comes with the $250 Visa card.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Keep us posted Fish also see if you can take some pictures so we can see your set up

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
reply to Network Guy
Bronx guys, just sent another email to my colleague on the inside reminding him about the addresses you 3 gave me.
FYI

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
I'll take some pictures of the boxes on each floor and I'll take a picture of the panel down in the basement when I get a chance.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to pittpete1
Thank you Pete

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Fishead1
Thank you Fish

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Here are some photos of the installation .
The first 2 pictures are the breakout box on my floor(6th top floor).
The 3rd picture is a larger breakout box on the 5th floor.I haven't gone down every floor but the 4th floor has a small breakout box.
The last 2 pictures are in the basement where the fiber cable comes in.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:17
That fiber in the last 2 pictures is not for FiOS - it looks like it's for a hi-cap circuit for a cell site or similar high-bandwidth application. You still have a while before FiOS gets installed in your building....

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Well that's a possibility as there is a a cell tower on the roof. But from what I see that fiber cable is going out the back of the building and up on the telephone pole.Can't be totally sure its not going to the roof .
Only time will tell.
I don't know enough about it so I can't say for sure.I'll have to ask one of the workers if they know when it will be available.Hope its not to long a wait.
nycdave would they use the same line to bring fiber for TV,Internet,phone hook up ,or would it be a separate fiber line for that?I've been looking around down in the basement and don't see any other line and the pipe from all the different floors goes all the way back to the area near this board.Maybe they will be putting up a separate board .

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
FiOS uses a dedicated fiber strand, so your building would need a new fiber cable pulled into the basement.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
I'll have to look around some more.There is no wiring in the pipes yet just the string to pull the cables thru the pipe and that pipe is not hooked to anything yet but its near that panel.Will have to see if the put up a panel dedicated to FIOS and if there is another line that I haven't seen.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
You need to find the conduit in the basement that feeds the rest of the floors. The FiOS hub will be larger than the existing fiber box in the basement, which will require more wall space than I can see in your pictures.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
reply to Fishead1
That installation looks more like a cablevision light path installation.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Fishead1
The last picture last box on the bottom left is your powersupply that feeds the box above which is a fiber router next to the power supply on the right is the fiber splice box light path installs that in buisness buildings. might be very well sprint tower or t-mobile tower we dont know yet .t-mobile and sprint contracted light path to do there fiber work.

rudy12345

@optonline.net
reply to Pathfinder
I had a sales guy come to house yesterday, was all ready to switch when we find out my building isn't wired yet.

Hopefully soon.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Fishead1
I seen those boxes where my aunt lives and she has Fios and Cablevison and they share that box for the Fiber line. Thanks for the picture Fish

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to rudy12345
Hey Rudy that sounds like you will get it soon. Lucky guy

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nycdave
nycdave all the pipes are routing to this area and there is plenty of wall space right in this area you just can't tell by that photo.
tito79 the small box on that board with the orange tag on it says Verizon.
So the pipes going to that area are just not connected to anything yet.I would guess that they would be putting up a board with the hardware for the FIOS hub.I just have to check out if there is a fiber cable coming in from somewhere else.