Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Fishead1

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Fish, I'm still waiting for word on the FIOS build timetable for you guys.
As for the conduit install, I'm 99.9% sure we hire contractors to do that work.
The contractors have IDs that say Verizon but have a white backround.
Eric is a stocky white guy about 30 or so.
Sometimes has a full scruffy beard
His mom was a postal worker and passed away a few years back.
Anyway if you see him tell him Pittpete said whats up.
He always hangs out on City Island with my brother...

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

I had just sent you IM about Eric.He's the same guy I mentioned in the IM.
I knew his mom more then him.I would always catch her in the laundry room when I did my wash.
I never got to know Eric personally as he pretty much kept to himself.
He didn't talk to anyone from the building that I could tell.Even if we hung out in front of the building.He would be off I guess to City Island to hang out with friends there.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Network Guy

Hey Fish just had dinner with my brother in law whos a FIOS tech in the Bronx.
He said Morris Park has FIOS.
He told me your buildings owner probably didnt OK the FIOS install in the building at first.
Thats what the delay could be.
Anyone living in an apt. building that is waiting for FIOS needs to contact the owners,landlords,corporations..etc

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Well like I said earlier the lady that is the tenants association person in the building and gets a lot of things done in this building like security cameras,had new elevator cabs installed ,had the roof repaired because a lot of the people who live on the top floor(me) had leaks whenever it rained.She got most of the people to sign a petition to get Verizon in here.Who she was in contact with I'm not really sure.
She said about 3 weeks ago that Verizon had the ok to wire it up.
I don't know if Verizon does a outside installation like Cablevision ,running the cable out side the building.But this is an inside job.Not sure if thats to get around having to install outside .I don't know what the laws are for competing companies to access the same building.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

If Verizon approved the contract three weeks ago, your probably a year or more out best case. They have to engineer the building, get all the approval and then schedule the work, and this is in back of the line so to speak of everything else that probably started this process 2+ years ago

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to pittpete1

Hey pete

did he knows the status of my address? if so let me know so i can call my management corp about this. Since i don't want to call then so they can play dumb with me.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Network Guy

Guppy, fiber allready passes by his apt. building.
The contractors allready started running conduit from the bsmt to each floor.
What they usually do in the Bronx, is put up moldings in the halls and the ONT is placed inside the subscribers apartment
Eddie, my old manager is the one getting me the exact build info on the specific addresses.
Hes away on meetings this past week.
Ed, he said this week he'd get back to me.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to guppy_fish

guppy_fish they have been installing the pipe and boxes on each floor over the last 2/3 weeks.All of the piping leads to a blank board that was recently put up.Why would they do all that work if they didn't have approval?I agree it might take some time but I doubt if its a year.

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:1
reply to Network Guy

Ah , I see, I thought when reading about 3 weeks ago getting Verizon approval it was just the beginning, if there installing mirco-duct, there much further along as you both know

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to pittpete1

I hope he can give you a direct answer about my building because this DSL I have is not cutting it ,when everybody brings their internet connected devices it goes from DSL to Molasses .

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY

Eddy you don't have access to Optimum high speed connection?Or you just rather not use them?

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

I prefer not to touch Cablevision ever if I could. Because the suckers baited and switch my mom to their best plan. But it was a lie all they did was try to get her to leave her copper line which it was 20 bucks with everything unlimited(she been a 20 plus year Verizon customer) so i decided to cut then off completely and stick to VZ DSL

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

So any news guys? Still waiting for some good news ...something a tiny hint or a little light at the end of this damn tunnel.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Network Guy

Guys who sent me their addresses...
If you go on the Verizon site and put in your addresses and it doesnt say FIOS is available, PM me a contact person name and number please.
Im assuming these are all apartment buildings?
My contact is only allowed to disclose and work with a contact who provides the info.
Obviously you guys know if FIOS passes your building they need owners permission to install in the buildings.
Thanks

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Ok Pete

send you the info you requested ok bud hope you can give me a glimmer of hope

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
reply to Network Guy

Verizon was supposed to install FiOS this week. The deadline has probably come and passed without incident, like I expected. lol

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

did you call them and ask then what happen?

vintage

join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY

hopefully we can get Fios sooner than later. Living on the boarder of Manhattan and the Bronx stinks. I only have access to Time Warner Cable.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

My main PC went down last week and I had a few problems getting an old piece of crap (must be 8 years old and takes about 10 mins to boot up ).I think the PC that crashed lost the video card altho it could be a bad hard drive.
Anyway nothing to report here.There has been no more work done since the put in all the boxes on each floor and breakout boxes.Not sure what the hold up is.

Network Guy
Premium
join:2000-08-25
New York
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Future Nine Corp..
·T-Mobile US
·Optimum Online
reply to Eddy120876

I'm tempted to call and ask, but I don't have the time to bother. Sooner or later they will get around to it.

Not like I'm suffering now. I'm raping CV out of their regular asking price for TV and Internet as it is. Sweet having different people in the same household to sign up for double play as a first-time customer every year.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

said by Network Guy:

I'm tempted to call and ask, but I don't have the time to bother. Sooner or later they will get around to it.

Not like I'm suffering now. I'm raping CV out of their regular asking price for TV and Internet as it is. Sweet having different people in the same household to sign up for double play as a first-time customer every year.

nice!!

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey folks

Just got back from my odd job in NJ(security at a front desk) and all we had was "Xstupidty" on the front for the customers and oh boy can they hawk their "Omar Sharif" political slogan "Xfinity is faster then Fios.....because we say so" crap" every 2 hours. jeez. My coworker was loving it because they kept running it and I kept changing the channel and pissing off the Comcast lovers LOL

The best part was this lady said " look sunny Xfinity is the fastest because i get their highest tier at 25 " and i told her "ma'am our break round wifi is from Fios and we get 50/50 enjoy your day". LOL

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey folks

Just got back from my odd job in NJ(security at a front desk) and all we had was "Xstupidty" on the front for the customers and oh boy can they hawk their "Omar Sharif" political slogan "Xfinity is faster then Fios.....because we say so" crap" every 2 hours. jeez. My coworker was loving it because they kept running it and I kept changing the channel and pissing off the Comcast lovers LOL

The best part was this lady said " look sunny Xfinity is the fastest because i get their highest tier at 25 " and i told her "ma'am our break round wifi is from Fios and we get 50/50 enjoy your day". LOL

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey guys any news?

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY

Nothing happening here.It has been very quiet since that flurry of work a few weeks ago.Haven't checked the basement in a while but haven't seen any activity.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

Still you are more lucky than us folks in Fordham road

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Well I was at a family members Apartment in Nj(near Fort Monmouth) and he ditched his xfinity for Fios and dang i was jealous as heck he had the 25/25 package and my ipad and work laptop were flying while working and doing a teleconference call to canada. I wish i had it at home so that streaming netflix without the hick up i get when people bring over their internet connected devices.

pittpete1

Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
reply to Network Guy

Guys, i still havn't heard back from the person looking into FIOS deployment areas.
While we're waiting is FIOS any where near your blocks?
If you live in areas with mostly apt. buildings, Verizon needs owner OK before wiring and this could be the hold up.
If theres 3 private houses on a block and 5 apt buildings they will probably wait.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Well pittpete1 they must have gotten OK from our owner as they did install all the breakout boxes on each floor and all the pipe work connecting it all.Right now all the piping (without any wiring in it)goes into the basement to a blank 4'x4' plywood board.Nothing installed there yet.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to pittpete1

no such luck on mine. I live in a block that has 2 homes in the front part of it and then we are 8 buildings after that. (5 of the 8 buildings are own by the same company). Also knowing my scumlord i have a feeling they won't give the ok. I wish there was a way to send the city after the scumlord so they can let Verizon in.