share rss forum feed

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to nycdave

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

This is what is written on White cable I'm talking about.
Silicon Permanently Lubricated, M-17 B/S 1/16/13 00912 FT
ETL listed UL 2024 Riser Duraline Silicone 12.7mm.
Have no idea but its very hard and not very flexible.
Like I said to nycdave I saw the pull string and its like a flat ribbon material about an inch wide.This is different.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
reply to Network Guy
That's a heavy duty white nylon pull looks like a white shoe lace.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to pittpete1
that what I was afraid of Pete. This scumlord of mine always does some crap to block others from coming in but yet crapOvision gets a free pass.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
Nothing new happening here lately.Only thing I saw was several Verizon trucks pulling a thick black cable across several telephone poles around the corner from my apartment.Don't know if that means anything.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Usually from what i saw at my aunts building that means you are getting fiber goodness straight to your place. Lucky lucky Fishead

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
This is the cable I was talking about a few posts back.Any idea what its for and why its outside the pipe.It does go into the breakout box before it goes up onto each floor.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
reply to Network Guy
Looks like there will be some kind of ont unit in that box to send light to your apt when fios ready

pittpete1

join:2009-06-12
thats the microduct with a drag in place
the individual fibers are pulled through them for a homerun to each apartment

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
I wish my building was already hitting homers. instead they are whiffing off daily

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Ok here's the latest news.Just saw 2 Verizon trucks on Sacket Ave on the side of our building.
I went up and asked if they were wiring this building For Fiber and he said yes and that it would be available in about a month.There also wiring the building just above us near Pierce Ave.
He said they still had to bring the line from across the street.I think that's where I saw the trucks working about a week ago.There's a very large beige box up on that pole and and a rolled up black cable just hanging there at this time.
I'm almost there hope it ain't too much longer.
Not sure if there going to work inside but will check it out later today.They were unloading a lot of boxes of cable and stuff.Maybe microduct.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
ah the sweet smell of Speedy Fios It smell great right? Instead im stuck in the dumps . But oh well that sounds about right Fishead1 if it is a months time that means less then 25 day away for you to get Fios

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
There were inside installing the raceway to each apartment.Little flat square boxes(maybe 4"X6")above each apartment.The wired up the 5th and 6th floor on the other side of the building.This building has 2 sides 1541 side and 1551 side.Guess they'll be working the rest of the week on it.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
ok cut the timeline to 3 weeks now

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
They have the all the wiring to each apartment done on one side of the building.They haven't done any work on the main panel down in the basement yet.That's still empty.
The boxes on the side that is wired have nothing in them yet and the pull string is in the pipe going up to each floor.The boxes just have the wiring out of them to each apartment.
According to the workers we could see it ready to go for us in a bout a month.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
interesting turn of events there Fishead1 . take some pictures ok bro.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
They are wiring my floor right now.
Here's 3 shots above the doors and from the breakout box.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Yeah thats the same set up my aunts house. After they are done they will add crown molding if its stated on the contract.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
They are just finishing the wiring to each apartment and the next crew is going to be pulling the line thru the pipe and I guess also put in what ever fixtures are needed in each breakout box on each floor.
The still have to bring the fiber on the pole from across the street to the building.
The worker I was talking to thinks it will be a few weeks and they'll send a sales Rep to give a demo in the foyer and I guess take orders.
I'm almost there!

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
I say 3 weeks or less since the weather is getting better and better.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY
Very nice

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
They pulled two optical cables down from the floors,one yellow one black(I would guess the color difference is to differentiate the 2 sides of the building in case the have to trouble shoot).
When I have time tomorrow I'll try to get some pictures.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Click for full size
The thick black one by itself is fiber from street
Click for full size
the black and yellow cables go up the stairs to all the breakout boxes,
Here a few photos of the cables at the main board down in the basement.

JohnGalt21

join:2012-12-14
Ridgefield, NJ
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

They are just finishing the wiring to each apartment and the next crew is going to be pulling the line thru the pipe and I guess also put in what ever fixtures are needed in each breakout box on each floor.
The still have to bring the fiber on the pole from across the street to the building.
The worker I was talking to thinks it will be a few weeks and they'll send a sales Rep to give a demo in the foyer and I guess take orders.
I'm almost there!

I was able to order my FiOS a week before it was even advertised as available in our complex. Just keep checking the Get FiOS website, and the moment your address shows as FiOS Available, you're ready to order.

JohnGalt21

join:2012-12-14
Ridgefield, NJ
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

I'm almost there!

I was able to order my FiOS a week before it was even advertised as available in our complex. Just keep checking the Get FiOS website, and the moment your address shows as FiOS Available, you're ready to order.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
lucky guy you are friend

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Eddy120876 I know the feeling.When they started installing FIOS back about 6 years ago it was not available I would have jumped at the chance to get it ,but it wasn't available but for a few places.I just forgot about it and was happy I had at least a high speed connection(Optimum Online.)
It hasn't been smooth going in this building.I had the line coming in to the apartment changed because I was getting on and off connections and the line going out side the window had the shield all frayed.I still get problems and I'm tired of calling the techs out as there have been many other tenants complaining.
My internet connection drops out,my TV connection loses channels or breaks up on certain channels,sound with no video,or video with no sound.Or it just freezes and I have to reboot.
Then at times it will be ok for a month or more.
Think theres to many people on my node as the speeds have been all over the place.
I'll be glad to have a change.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
yeah those same issues i had with CV and their stupid practices of not holding on the payment for a day or two. After what they did to my mom i said enough and i cut the service completely. They still come and visit asking her to comeback and i tell then HELL NO! . When they ask me why not i tell then what they did to a loyal customer. Disconect her in the middle of a blizzard. They couldn't hold her service until monday morning.

vintage

join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY
reply to Fishead1
I saw a couple of Verizon Fios trucks on W235st Riverdale Ave. Installing a pretty thick cable underground.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Dang wish i could see that around my neighborhood

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to vintage
vintage I'm not quiet sure but are there telephone poles in your neighborhood?
I was under the impression that they laid fiber in the ground near me quiet a few years back but I was wrong ,In my neighborhood its still up on the poles.