share rss forum feed

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

They pulled two optical cables down from the floors,one yellow one black(I would guess the color difference is to differentiate the 2 sides of the building in case the have to trouble shoot).
When I have time tomorrow I'll try to get some pictures.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Click for full size
The thick black one by itself is fiber from street
Click for full size
the black and yellow cables go up the stairs to all the breakout boxes,
Here a few photos of the cables at the main board down in the basement.

JohnGalt21

join:2012-12-14
Ridgefield, NJ
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

They are just finishing the wiring to each apartment and the next crew is going to be pulling the line thru the pipe and I guess also put in what ever fixtures are needed in each breakout box on each floor.
The still have to bring the fiber on the pole from across the street to the building.
The worker I was talking to thinks it will be a few weeks and they'll send a sales Rep to give a demo in the foyer and I guess take orders.
I'm almost there!

I was able to order my FiOS a week before it was even advertised as available in our complex. Just keep checking the Get FiOS website, and the moment your address shows as FiOS Available, you're ready to order.

JohnGalt21

join:2012-12-14
Ridgefield, NJ
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

The worker I was talking to thinks it will be a few weeks and they'll send a sales Rep to give a demo in the foyer and I guess take orders.
I'm almost there!

I was able to order my FiOS a week before it was even advertised as available in our complex. Just keep checking the Get FiOS website, and the moment your address shows as FiOS Available, you're ready to order.

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
lucky guy you are friend

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Eddy120876 I know the feeling.When they started installing FIOS back about 6 years ago it was not available I would have jumped at the chance to get it ,but it wasn't available but for a few places.I just forgot about it and was happy I had at least a high speed connection(Optimum Online.)
It hasn't been smooth going in this building.I had the line coming in to the apartment changed because I was getting on and off connections and the line going out side the window had the shield all frayed.I still get problems and I'm tired of calling the techs out as there have been many other tenants complaining.
My internet connection drops out,my TV connection loses channels or breaks up on certain channels,sound with no video,or video with no sound.Or it just freezes and I have to reboot.
Then at times it will be ok for a month or more.
Think theres to many people on my node as the speeds have been all over the place.
I'll be glad to have a change.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
yeah those same issues i had with CV and their stupid practices of not holding on the payment for a day or two. After what they did to my mom i said enough and i cut the service completely. They still come and visit asking her to comeback and i tell then HELL NO! . When they ask me why not i tell then what they did to a loyal customer. Disconect her in the middle of a blizzard. They couldn't hold her service until monday morning.

vintage

join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY
reply to Fishead1
I saw a couple of Verizon Fios trucks on W235st Riverdale Ave. Installing a pretty thick cable underground.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Dang wish i could see that around my neighborhood

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to vintage
vintage I'm not quiet sure but are there telephone poles in your neighborhood?
I was under the impression that they laid fiber in the ground near me quiet a few years back but I was wrong ,In my neighborhood its still up on the poles.

vintage

join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY
Thats what i thought, but that section has no telephone poles.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY
said by vintage:

Thats what i thought, but that section has no telephone poles.

they ain't in the backyard?

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
I didn't see this on Friday when we were hanging out in the foyer so not sure when they came and did it so I took some pictures today.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
Interesting. This is the first time i saw a picture of this conduit type. It looks rather nice.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
It almost looks like a protective cover till they get all the equipment mounted on the plywood board .
Also wondering if they will build a wall and put a locked door to keep people away from all this equipment.Everything for the cell tower is right next to this and its all open to the public.

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1
That's what they use on the poles only thing that ones is white

tito79

Brewster, NY
There will be round black wire connected into there to feed the hub which will probably on the wall somewhere

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
The large wire by it self is the fiber coming in from the street.
The 2 taped together are lines going to each side of the building.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy
Hey guys today as I was walking up on East 196 street i saw two giant Fiber cable trucks. After my brother ask the driver if it was Fios and he said yes and anything from Kingsbridged and down will be finish hopelly by the end of summer.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Sounds promising Eddy120876.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
I know Fishead....im keeping my fingers cross because my DSL can't handle multiple iPads,phones or handheld games at once

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to Eddy120876
said by Eddy120876:

Hey guys today as I was walking up on East 196 street i saw two giant Fiber cable trucks. After my brother ask the driver if it was Fios and he said yes and anything from Kingsbridged and down will be finish hopelly by the end of summer.

So perhaps Bedford Park will finally see Fios availability?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
I hope so DDG

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy
They haven't done much inside but I did notice they mounted that big white thing in the picture on a bracket at the top of the plywood board.
They were working out side with 3 trucks,one with a bucket.The one with the bucket took the fiber line that was just looped around (probably 50+feet)and bought it down to the back of this truck that had some special equipment in it.Not sure what they were doing there.
Anyone know what kind of equipment they need in the basement ,say like a panel or is everything inside that big white contraption and it goes right up to each apartment?

tito79

Brewster, NY
Most likely they will put a panel on that board that is where all apts connection will go to .

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
If I get a chance I'll take a picture.What I was talking about in my previous post about the trucks being around the corner of our building where the fiber comes in off the pole.
The had taken the rolled up fiber line that was hanging on the pole and I never saw what they were doing with it when they brought it down to the truck.Now I see up on the pole a black plastic inclosure very much like the white inclosure I took pictures of and posted a little while back that is in the basement .

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Took a few pictures this morning.This is what they put up close to the pole where the fiber enters the building on Sacket Ave.
Sorry for the quality as I was half asleep early this morning.
This was done sometime Friday.

tito79

Brewster, NY
I believe there will be a bieg box there they mount on poles.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Fishead1
said by Fishead1:

Took a few pictures this morning.This is what they put up close to the pole where the fiber enters the building on Sacket Ave.
Sorry for the quality as I was half asleep early this morning.
This was done sometime Friday.

Looks like a splice box .... not the distribution terminal you're looking for (something like this: »www.tvcinc.com/downloads/EVO-550-EN.pdf )

tito79

Brewster, NY
reply to tito79
That single wire u see on that black casing goes to the distribution hub to the co then there should be a box somewhere mounted near by