Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed view:
normal

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Fishead1

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

I know Fishead....im keeping my fingers cross because my DSL can't handle multiple iPads,phones or handheld games at once

ddg4005
Premium
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
reply to Eddy120876

said by Eddy120876:

Hey guys today as I was walking up on East 196 street i saw two giant Fiber cable trucks. After my brother ask the driver if it was Fios and he said yes and anything from Kingsbridged and down will be finish hopelly by the end of summer.

So perhaps Bedford Park will finally see Fios availability?
--
A man must have a code -Bunk

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY

I hope so DDG

Fishead1
Premium
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

They haven't done much inside but I did notice they mounted that big white thing in the picture on a bracket at the top of the plywood board.
They were working out side with 3 trucks,one with a bucket.The one with the bucket took the fiber line that was just looped around (probably 50+feet)and bought it down to the back of this truck that had some special equipment in it.Not sure what they were doing there.
Anyone know what kind of equipment they need in the basement ,say like a panel or is everything inside that big white contraption and it goes right up to each apartment?

tito79

join:2010-03-14
Brewster, NY
kudos:1

Most likely they will put a panel on that board that is where all apts connection will go to .

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

If I get a chance I'll take a picture.What I was talking about in my previous post about the trucks being around the corner of our building where the fiber comes in off the pole.
The had taken the rolled up fiber line that was hanging on the pole and I never saw what they were doing with it when they brought it down to the truck.Now I see up on the pole a black plastic inclosure very much like the white inclosure I took pictures of and posted a little while back that is in the basement .

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Took a few pictures this morning.This is what they put up close to the pole where the fiber enters the building on Sacket Ave.
Sorry for the quality as I was half asleep early this morning.
This was done sometime Friday.

tito79

Brewster, NY

I believe there will be a bieg box there they mount on poles.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Fishead1

said by Fishead1:

Took a few pictures this morning.This is what they put up close to the pole where the fiber enters the building on Sacket Ave.
Sorry for the quality as I was half asleep early this morning.
This was done sometime Friday.

Looks like a splice box .... not the distribution terminal you're looking for (something like this: »www.tvcinc.com/downloads/EVO-550-EN.pdf )

tito79

Brewster, NY
reply to tito79

That single wire u see on that black casing goes to the distribution hub to the co then there should be a box somewhere mounted near by

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY

I had to go to the doctor today so I haven't looked at what they did today.I did see 2 trucks out there just before I left for doctors office.
I 'll check out there tomorrow and check down in cellar to see if they did any work at all down there.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey guys I passed by the 196 street but haven't seen anything different yet. I Hope that tomorrow I can manage to go out there in daylight and manage to see if theres any fiber lines or the big beige box that sits on the poles and powers up the Fiber line.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

They were working outside again.2 trucks ,one was a bucket the other looked like a boxy ambulance type truck.They took down that black thing in the pictures above and had it in the back of that boxy type truck.
They also had a few bucket trucks across the street where they have a big panel (usually see Verizon techs working in these).
Wonder how much work is left down in the basement as they haven't done anything down there in over a week or more.

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..

said by Fishead1:

They were working outside again.2 trucks ,one was a bucket the other looked like a boxy ambulance type truck.They took down that black thing in the pictures above and had it in the back of that boxy type truck.
They also had a few bucket trucks across the street where they have a big panel (usually see Verizon techs working in these).
Wonder how much work is left down in the basement as they haven't done anything down there in over a week or more.

The "boxy ambulance type truck" I believe is a vehicle they use to do fiber splicing.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

They haven't done any work except for Friday.That black unit I took pictures of was worked on in the splicing truck and when they put it back up they wire tied it to the cable it was hanging off making it nice and neat.
What I'm wondering is if you look at the pictures of the white covered unit in the basement I posted a while back.It looks like they don't have anything more to put up down there.
The main fiber from the outside goes into that unit and the 2 cables come out of it going to each side of the building and up to each floor.
Can't be too much longer.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

I believe its available to order in my building.The person I hang out with said someone on my side of the building ordered it and was having it installed sometime this week.
I'll have to call them sometime this weekend.
I checked the Verizon site and didn't get "its not available at your address" any more so it looks like its a go.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

Just ordered it online.Just have to wait to contact them about credit check and date they can come and install.
$82 and change first year,$92 and change the 2nd year.
I believe a $200 Visa prepaid card.
Just have to be careful going thru all the options when you sign up online.Got to un-check certain things you don't need.Like I don't need HD,or Multi room set up.Just a basic setup.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Network Guy

Is there a walk in Verizon store in the Bronx.I'm having problems with getting them a fax of my Non drivers photo ID for credit verification purposes.I sent them a fax with the ID and my order # and they sent me an e-mail rejecting it because they couldn't read it.I called them with the phone number supplied and they said I needed to enlarge the photo and fax it again.
I don't have the time at the moment(need to go to dialysis.
But do they have a place that you can enlarge the photo and make a copy.
When I talked to the credit ID person she said try a Verizon store or Fed EX ,or Kinko's.
I think if there's a Verizon store near me that would be the easiest way .I could just show them my photo ID and what ever else they need and they could make copies.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

I found a walk-in center at 2721 Bronxwood Ave.I think that's the best way to get this credit verification thing solved.
I'm talking to myself LOL

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Hello!Is there any body out there?Just nod if you can hear me.
Is there anybody home?
There is no pain you are receiving......
A distant ship,smoke on the horizon......

Well went to the Verizon store ,they were able to blow up my Photo ID and they faxed it away to get it verified.They said it would take 2 hrs so I got on the bus to go back home and get a phone call on my cell phone that the fax was rejected again as unreadable.So i went back to the Verizon store and one of the male workers was able to blow up a color version of my ID and fax it away.I just waited in the store for a call from them and after about 20 mins I got the confirmation that the ID was readable and it was ok'd.
Then they put me in touch with a Verizon person to get an appt set up for the install.(Friday May 10).He then proceeded to try to sell me everything under the sun.I told him I don't need multi room ,DVR and all the other crap ,just the basic one room ,no bells and whistles.
Then they said to they have to have $150 security which will be returned after the first year.
I'll make that back with the money I save from month to month and will eventually get that back when I least expect it.And i GET THE $200 Visa card with in the first 90 days.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

very nice congrats

Matt7

join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·Insight Communic..
reply to Fishead1

said by Fishead1:

Then they put me in touch with a Verizon person to get an appt set up for the install.(Friday May 10).

Congrats - You'll have to document your install with some photos (since you have posted all these nice photos of the pre-FIOS launch build out).

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
Will try to get some photos of the install.
They just started posting flyers in the foyer about a weekend sign up meeting to be scheduled.They will send a sales rep to sign people up.What I found out is (and you know it wouldn't be any different)they try to sell you everything under the sun,software,added channels ,whatever will bring up the price.
As to the building install ,I thought there would be more to it down in the basement like some kind of panel.
Also that white cable connected to the outside of the pipe down in the basement(see photos) is not connected to anything.Its just rolled up where they left it last month.Not sure what the purpose of that cable is.Something for a future install?

tito79

Brewster, NY

Maybe try to peak what's in that gray box looks to me maybe the main ont is there.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY

But it comes out of that box in the basement and is just rolled up near the ceiling and is left unattached to anything.

tito79

Brewster, NY

Congrats you will enjoy fios.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Dang this sucks and after hearing my worse fear becoming a reality all I can say Fios maybe in 2020. . My worse fear is that VZ won't be able to get Fios deploy thanks to some landlords that won't allow then in and in return VZ will skip those areas and move on CRAP!!!

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

That's not something you like to hear Eddy12076.
I didn't think we'd get it in this building because our landlord probably had a contract with Cablevision.
We did go about getting a petition signed by most of the people in the building and I'm not sure who we directed it to(I could find out from our tenants association lady,shes the one that organized it)and we got positive results.It took a little while but in the end we got what we were looking for,a choice of services.

SG79

join:2009-05-27
New York, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Fishead1

said by Fishead1:

But it comes out of that box in the basement and is just rolled up near the ceiling and is left unattached to anything.

Fishhead, I have the same setup in my apt complex. Is there a store or business on the ground floor or adjacent to your building, perhaps on top of where the fiber is coiled? In my building, that white cable is fiber went to a dentist's office adjacent to my apartment.

Verizon probably preemptively lay the fiber there to minimize fiber-pulling expenses should the adjacent business sign up for FiOS.

Fishead1
Premium
Bronx, NY

No SG79 no store in the building.All apartments .Only business's are across the street.