spc
Search similar:

uniqs

vzfieldman
@verizon.net

vzfieldman to SG79

Anon

to SG79

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

The "white cable" isnt cable. it's flex tube where a fiber is fed thru if the basement or first floor apt signs up for service. CLearly labeled 1A for apartment 1A. many times ground floor apt is fed differently than floors 2 and up for various reasons.
said by SG79:

said by Fishead1:

But it comes out of that box in the basement and is just rolled up near the ceiling and is left unattached to anything.

Fishhead, I have the same setup in my apt complex. Is there a store or business on the ground floor or adjacent to your building, perhaps on top of where the fiber is coiled? In my building, that white cable is fiber went to a dentist's office adjacent to my apartment.

Verizon probably preemptively lay the fiber there to minimize fiber-pulling expenses should the adjacent business sign up for FiOS.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

Well they could be for the 2 apartments in the center of the foyer as I don't remember seeing the lines that they ran to each apartment going to those 2 apartments.I'll have to look when I go down later.More then likely for those 2 apartments.
Fishead1

Fishead1

Premium Member

The 2 apartments in the foyer when you come into the building are not attached to all the lines they ran to each apartment on each side of the building so I would guess they will come thru the floor of those 2 apartments if the people who live in them order the service.
The picture of the white cable wound up and not connected is just below those apartments on each side down in the basement.
So more then likely they are there for hooking up those 2 apartments.

Installer1
@verizon.net

Installer1

Anon

Fibers are blown thru those white tubes if service is ordered.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
The Verizon sales force was in the foyer yesterday signing up people and I believe they will be there for the next 2 days.
Seems like a good amount of people are signing up.You think Cablevision has an idea that their losing the building?

salesmen
@verizon.net

salesmen

Anon

said by Fishead1:

The Verizon sales force was in the foyer yesterday signing up people and I believe they will be there for the next 2 days.
Seems like a good amount of people are signing up.You think Cablevision has an idea that their losing the building?

yes CV is fully aware of their competition which is why they followup with win back offers or have retentions work hard to keep customers when they try to cancel.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

@salesmen

Oh you know they have their paid spy checking this out. Sooner or later you will see in your building their sales force telling you how awesome they are and how horrible Fios is. Congrats on getting it since we folks are still waiting and having issues with the DSL cables.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner

Speed test from N.J. very good.Am having problems with grounding in apartment as battery backup keeps beeping and the tech said the grounding is reversed and they would send an electrician to fix the outlet.Have no idea how the grounding is in this building because they do a lot of work that isn't inspected and who knows what the wiring is like behind these walls.
Not sure why the the battery backup is so touchy.He had changed it out for another one and even plugged it into another outlet stick I have .There 3 pronged but he said there reversed.
Also having problems with the TV Box.I think hes exchanging that also.
At least I got that speed which is way more then I expected.Thought I was getting 15/5 or 25/10 but not 50/25.I'm not complaining.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

Fishead1 congrats on fios do you only have interner or with TV?
if internet only I think you are getting all the speed with tv you should have about 39 mbps upload.

Try verizon's speedtest or speedtest.net server to server : Inerail

I read this thread few times I hope cablevision will miss you!

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

I have the Package,internet,phone, and TV.
They also wound up changing the battery backup box 2 times and I kept on getting the beep that it was using the battery.He had a ground tester and plugged that into the outlet and said the polarity was reversed and for some reason that battery backup was fussy with it.
He wound up getting an older or newer white model backup and that worked out well.
Then with the TV he was having problems getting it to lock on so he called headquarters and it was because the verification didn't go thru so he went thru the verification procedure again and Bingo.I'm good to go.
I'll try to take some pictures later today or tomorrow.
patt2k

patt2k to tired_runner

to tired_runner
I would never get accurate result from dslreports speedtest site try verizon site?

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Your lucky you have the tv.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

On the Verizon speed test ,NY server I got 58.57Mbps down and 39.30 Mbps up. So DSLReports is pretty close .
I usually use the Java applet and NJ server as the Flash applet never works and the NY server is not functioning any more.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Congrats Fish

I can't wait till I say bye to my DSL Line. Is really hell when people come over with their internet devices and I can't go online or go on the WiiU . Also Fished whats your estimated bill going to be for all 3 services with taxes included? just wondering

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
Keep your eye on the bill.
patt2k

patt2k to tired_runner

to tired_runner
I will pop in here one more time I have 75/35 now with cablecard previously with set-box.

Before with taxes for double play it was about 96$ so you have 50/25 it should be about 89-90$ for triple play if you only have 1 setbox , each is 6.99$.

Hope that helps

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Yes I'll have to see my first bill.But when I ordered online they quoted $82 and change for the first year and $92 and change for the second year.I don't have any of the frills or a big TV package.I have the FIOS TV Prime HD package which is fine with me.
But I will watch the bill when it comes.They said something about the first bill maybe a bit more but I'll have to see.

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

check your installation fee.

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

I believe the installation fee was waved.

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

Nice hope you enjoy it u can tell the difference with speeds.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1 to tito79

to tito79
tito, i see you're from Brewster.
Call up your town hall and find out whats the deal with the TV.
I'd be curious to know if it's Verizon or the town?

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

I live near town hall I can walk there I live in village lol.
tito79

tito79 to pittpete1

to pittpete1
When I called they told me to call the engineering department there located in California.
pittpete1
join:2009-06-12

pittpete1

Who told you to call what engineering dept?

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Man I can't wait to see what package they will give me.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

said by Eddy120876:

Man I can't wait to see what package they will give me.

me and you both freaking begging Verizon to please take my money lol

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I know Fatal

Same here.....My computer is getting clog from all the money i keep throwing at it. LMAO

Fishead1
Premium Member
Bronx, NY

Fishead1 to tired_runner

Premium Member

to tired_runner
Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
A few pictures;

tito79
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

Nice pics .

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to Fishead1

to Fishead1
Thank you Fishead1

so how many set top box you have? I think I will need only two since I have an Xbox I barely use now. The only thing i will improve is the net I wanted the 35/35 but my brother is arguing that we need the 50/50