Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

I hope you get it too bro.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to vintage

to vintage
said by vintage:

Thank you for your recent inquiry about the availability of FiOS TV in your neighborhood.

We are pleased to inform you that FiOS TV service is available in your neighborhood, but is not yet available in your building. We will begin negotiations to gain access to your building shortly and will inform you as access and construction milestones are reached.

i hope you have better luck than i did i got that email almost about 1.5 years ago then about 5 months after that email i got one saying they negotiated access to my building and would begin construction soon guess what? i still dont have fios verizon sucks and the employees work crazy slow i see them all the time just sitting in the trucks doing nothing wish i had a job like that
Expand your moderator at work

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to fatal

to fatal

Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Fatal

so did they ever told you what was the hold up? Also you can check on them by asking them whats taking so long and they will give you the 411 on it.
vintage
join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY

vintage

Thanks Eddy and Fatal hopefully they show up later today

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to Eddy120876

to Eddy120876
I never asked I just assume it's verizon and the turtles that work for them working slowly

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

most of the guys building the fiber network are very open and friendly and tell you what they are doing and then you can guess how long it will take for your apartment to get it. I even had one of the Fios guys tell me at my previous job that they were slow because the landlord wanted a better deal then his neighbor and mind you that guy signed a contract 2 years back and his neighboring building owner signed a deal recently and he was bitching because his neighbor got a better deal. Talk about greedy millionares in midtown.
YuniorF
join:2014-08-23
United State

YuniorF to vintage

to vintage
YOU KIDDING??? i didnt receive it !! and i live in front of you! XD OMG IM SO HYPE XD

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to vintage

to vintage
So tell me us if they did Vintage and what happen. Also if you are lucky and get the installation take some pictures.
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to YuniorF

to YuniorF
hey Yunior did you check today to see if you got the email from VZ?
YuniorF
United State

YuniorF

nope , and im impressed since i live in front of his building , i hope i get it today or tomorrow maybe

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

oh man lets hope they surprise you tomorrow or later on tonight. ala christmas. Also they have a good deal I will post the info I found on the triple play bundle.
Eddy120876

1 edit

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
Hey folks as I was leaving the CitiBank in fordham road. I ran into the fios tent and as I was reading i notice. the new 2 year deal heres what you get.

Fios offering its Verizon FIOS Triple Play Service (TV/Internet/Phone) for $89.99/mo for 24 months, no contract required.
If you select the 2yr contract, you will get either a $300 Visa Gift Card via mail-in rebate. OR 2 Years of FREE FIOS Quantum TV Enhanced Service.
This is one of the best FIOS deals we have seen from Verizon. This deal is even hotter as it was previously a $250 Gift Card.
EXTRA BONUS! Get a FREE LG G Pad 8.3 LTE or up to $200 off any Tablet when you order any FIOS Internet or TV Plan. 2yr wireless contract is required.

only issue i have is this part "Bring the certificate to a Verizon Wireless store, activate the tablet on a new 2-year Verizon Wireless line of service and walk out with a new tablet!"
vintage
Bronx, NY

vintage to Eddy120876

to Eddy120876
said by Eddy120876:

So tell me us if they did Vintage and what happen. Also if you are lucky and get the installation take some pictures.

Nothing yet but Verizon did show up today in a white box truck, and it had a black wire running from it to the manhole. The lucky thing is i was able to speak to my building owner and he said, he is willing to let them in because he hates TWC. Yunior did you enter your email in the Verizon Fios site ? Will do Eddy

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

man good news about your landlord. hope you get the flyer saying Fios is on your building now!
Eddy120876

to tired_runner
Hey folks lately I been noticing my super Slow DSL is been having power outages at night time(2-am and on) but during the day is ok. This is getting me suspicious as to what is VZ doing to the copper lines around me. If it is to replace then with Fiber then I'm happy.
YuniorF
United State

YuniorF to vintage

to vintage
yes i did

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

So any news?
YuniorF
United State

YuniorF

nope, i didnt see any verizon activity today , but i saw one of the technician trucks around my school,,, which is kind of very near but not so near, the zipcode for it is 10468

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

oh i see Yunior. Next time you see one of their vans talk to then some are happy to talk to somebody. Mines 10458 i check the Fios checkers and my building still shows DSL,Direct Tv
YuniorF
United State

YuniorF

yeah i think i will do that

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

to tired_runner
Hey Folks morning. Whats new today any info on anybody Fios deployment?

ddg4005
Premium Member
join:2001-08-22
Bronx, NY
ARRIS TM1602
Asus GT-AC5300

ddg4005

Premium Member

said by Eddy120876:

Hey Folks morning. Whats new today any info on anybody Fios deployment?

I talked with a Verizon technician about two week ago and he said the terminals on the corner of Bedford Park Boulevard and the Grand Concourse are not active yet (which probably explains why it's not available in my building). Unfortunately there's no word on when they'll be turned on.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

i spoked to a tech here on 193 and he was getting ready to install fios and he told me fios was all over 193 all the way to 196. he only knew this streets because they are dividing tech by blocks so they know which section is light up. He said my building is not been served because the landlord decision. I hope they choose yes to Fios.
vintage
Bronx, NY

vintage

Click for full size
Man that sucks eddy. Hopefully they give you the green light soon. This was early this afternoon. I wonder what they do down there?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Fiber splicing. That cube truck is a fiber splicing truck.

You can see the black fiber cable coming into the back of the truck (next to the rear door is a little porthole door)....The techs pull the fiber slack out of the ground to splice it in the back of the truck. It's too difficult to splice it in the manholes....
vintage
Bronx, NY

vintage

said by nycdave:

Fiber splicing. That cube truck is a fiber splicing truck.

You can see the black fiber cable coming into the back of the truck (next to the rear door is a little porthole door)....The techs pull the fiber slack out of the ground to splice it in the back of the truck. It's too difficult to splice it in the manholes....

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. Makes sense the tech would go down come up stay in the truck for a while and go back down again.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to vintage

to vintage
thats the sign of progress
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to nycdave

to nycdave
yup

YuniorF2
@142.255.5.x