uniqs
Expand your moderator at work

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to YuniorF2

to YuniorF2

Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

My friend you are ahead of me. My super and the porters don't even know that Fios is near. Dang our scumlord is so well pay by CV

YuniorF2
@142.255.5.x

YuniorF2

Anon

well today they didnt come, and btw tmobile is giving away asus router lol, the 200 dollars one for a 25$ deposit, xD its a great deal if you one of their costumers

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Yup on the 19-20 they were going national for wifi calling and Volte and the best way to goat the competition is to announce it when the Iphone 6 lunches. By saying New Iphone,better prices then ATT and yeah we can do wifi calling and a router for cheap and for some free.

YuniorF2
@142.255.5.x

YuniorF2

Anon

lol yep which is pretty damm convenient , btw they start selling them 2mm xD

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I want to get either the 16 or the 64GB iPhone 6 since i didn't upgrade from the 4s.

Fishead1
Premium Member
join:2001-05-08
Bronx, NY

Fishead1

Premium Member

When and if the do get to wire the building inside Eddy it might take 3 weeks to a month.
When they did my building they did a good bit of work and then disappeared for a week ,then did some more work for a week and disappeared again.When it looked like it was almost done I called Verizon and they gave me a a date to have a tech wire the apartment and I was off to the races.Hope everthing works out for you guys soon.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

damn if thats the case knowing my scumlord that will mean if things go well maybe by december and if they get bad(which is a staple of my scumlord.....then never )
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
man this is a good sign, lots of fios tech installers telling me you need to talk to your landlord.

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

If there telling you to talk to your landlord most likely that's what is holding up the installation to your premises.
tito79

tito79 to tired_runner

to tired_runner
I lived in apartment where my parents still live its been now over 5 years the fiber has been coiled up right where the copper goes into the building its the landlord`s that hold it up.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I know and thats whats scares me. My scumlord has only allow Cablevision and when i tried to get them satellite he balk so when ex mayor Bloomberg brought Fios to NYC my scumlord came up with "yes you can put satellites in common areas" and care to know where are my common areas...the stair case..and Im like WTF is wrong with this D-bag.

fatal
join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY

fatal to tito79

to tito79
said by tito79:

its the landlord`s that hold it up.

not all the time i got an email from verizon saying they had negotiated access to my building and construction would begin soon this was over a year ago and I'm still waiting but in eddys cause it probably is his scumlord can't you get everyone in the building to demand fios eddy?

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

So what happen on your end Fatal? on my case i know is my slumlords since they been blocking anybody else from coming into my building. I did manage to get the signature of 95% of all tenants and yet he blocked direct tv and dish. Hell this guy is a scumlord because he even blocked the petition for us to get new windows but the other properties he has they got new windows a year ago.

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

wow eddy that's freaking crazy id be super pissed if i were in your shoes 95% and the dude still says no don't know what the delay is on my end time warner just gave me a nice speed boost to 300/20 so I'm not going crazy for fios for now lol

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

Thats not the worse part Fatal. The worse part like i previously stated. I send to their office a package with the Direct tv/Dish contracts,signatures and other info that the state requires. Well they say the first one never got there. So i reprinted all the signatures,papers etc.Send it with signature delivery and other post office insurance. I call then 2 weeks later and guess what they say they never received so I told then thats funny because so and so sign for it. Then they told me hold on;and bang the package appeared so they told me give me a week. I replay nah take 3 instead. Then they came back saying the direct tv guy never call him(mind you the direct tv guy was in front of me while i was making the call so I put him on speaker) our building manager was caught and the direct tv guy told him you got it whats the answer. My building management guy couldn't answer because he started to say he was busy in a meeting etc etc. 3 weeks later we got a memo saying that we can't put the satellites in the roofs because of water damage etc but that we can put it on the common areas..the stair case. I was like WTF is up with this had this crap had happen in my beloved Mass I know the landlord would be in big trouble. Sorry for the super long post.
Eddy120876

Eddy120876 to fatal

to fatal
Oh fatal i forgot to ask did you call VZ about whats the hold up?

fatal
Brooklyn, NY

fatal

Negative you have a number for that?
fatal

fatal to Eddy120876

to Eddy120876
wow sounds like cv is paying someone very well whats the excuse they give about fios? too much fiber lol

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

1 edit

Eddy120876

Hey Fatal

yes they are loving the lube CV is giving then because they don't let anybody slide in..pardon my pun lol. Well the number for Fios is

for new customers (866)761-6792
New customers concierge (888)715-3291
Deal & packages (888)858-0822

I believe the first two are the best bet since you might be a potential new customer.
YuniorF
join:2014-08-23
United State

YuniorF to tired_runner

to tired_runner
well there at marble hill nothing new yet, it been almost a month without seeing verizon working around, but well a least twc upgrade my internet to maxx 300/20 and i got an Asus AC router so im good to wait few months for these guys to show up again

YuniorF2
@172.56.18.x

YuniorF2

Anon

Lol, they are actually working on my building , today they were here doing something with the twc cables, do each apartment get a optical terminal converter o do they install one for a whole set of apartments ?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

All new FiOS construction is SFU ONT's, even in MDU buildings. MDU ONT's are no longer being installed.

YuniorF2
@172.56.18.x

YuniorF2

Anon

So each apartment gets one?

nycdave
MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY

nycdave

MVM

Yes.
vintage
join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY

vintage

Click for full size

YuniorF2
@72.225.249.x

YuniorF2

Anon

yeah , what they were doing today was getting lines ready for each building, i was told that they said you have to call and they ask for you landlord and you know all that stuff them they gonna install it
YuniorF
join:2014-08-23
United State

YuniorF to vintage

to vintage
lol i just tested something a used a private residence address in the fios page , but this one is the house next to the building i live, and yes, fios is available , i guess now we have to get our lovely landlords to let them install it

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

I know what you mean bro. They are the only road block to Fios being all over the hood. One of my friends got Verizon this weekend and we been downloading movies lightning fast. it makes my DSL feel slower then Dial up.

YuniorF2
@72.225.249.x

YuniorF2

Anon

yeahh i know , my uncle has it , and like 2 years ago when i first saw it i was like wow, 6GB in like 10 minutes xD , when i was used to wait like 1 hour for 1 gb xD