Expand your moderator at work

nycdave
Premium,MVM
join:1999-11-16
Melville, NY
kudos:16
reply to vintage

Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

That's a galvanized steel strand cable where the fiber will be attached to.

vintage

join:2008-07-07
Bronx, NY
reply to sashwa

Click for full size
Verizon came the other day to install this metal cord on the telephone pole, also checked the conduits sticking out of the ground and measured the height.

sashwa
Premium,Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
kudos:17
reply to Network Guy

Bump so someone can reply.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
reply to Darkii

Yes, fiber is pulled through orange microduct when it is underground...

Darkii

@172.56.18.x
reply to vintage

Do Verizon put their fiber cables in a plastic tube?? When they put it underground cause around my house they are putting this underground tubes and at times a Verizon guy comes and check to see the progress the diggers have done

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to Eddy120876

Looks like TWC has noticed the construction and sent me a letter about getting a free speed increase 15/1 Mbps to 50/5Mbps. Verizon also has the conduit sticking out the side of the telephone pole

Eddy120876

join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY
reply to Fluddy

Hey Fluddy

Where in Webster ? I'm near Webster and Fordham. So how was everybody 4th of July weekend? I hope everything was great.

flatline_

join:2003-01-18
reply to Network Guy

Fios has become available to me here in Brooklyn, 11213. They ran the line across my yard several months ago (I'll estimate 8-10 months) and, after the heavy activity around that time, I hadn't heard or seen anything further after that. Came home the other day to find a door to door salesman in front of my house. Polite, professional worker. Was perfectly happy with my Optimum service, but I agreed to make the switch - gave me a pretty good deal for a better selection of services than I have with Optimum. Have an appointment for 7/9. Will report my experience.

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

IF ECS is digging, they will lay the appropriate sized conduit for the job....

Yea it's them. The weird thing is they dug from a telephone pole to a manhole.

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
reply to vintage

IF ECS is digging, they will lay the appropriate sized conduit for the job....

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to Fluddy

Is it normal for Empire City to install six to seven inch white tubing under ground ?

Fluddy

join:2014-07-01
Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Whoa, I just randomly got a email saying FiOS is finally available in my area..and I don't think I've seen verizon trucks. Or maybe they were just working nights. Regardless, this is cool news. This is near webster here in the bronx. I have a question, for apartments here in the bronx that recently got it as well. Did they have a hub for ONTs or did they install that giant box in your apartment? And how did you compare it to Optimum?

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to YuniorF

Click for full size
installing cables
was walking around and saw this, they putting up the cables

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to vintage

Click for full size
cable
said by vintage:

^ haha cool. yea the first pic with the drill today. The one with the cars up the hill was last thursday

well then my best guess is that they are waiting to just connect to the main line and then start installing the fibers and their equiment on buildings that want fios, since i dont know if you noticed but the already installed cables on most of the street and if you look going down the hill, there's a cable now that cross from the side of where there is a detist to the church,

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to YuniorF

^ haha cool. yea the first pic with the drill today. The one with the cars up the hill was last thursday

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to vintage

said by vintage:

They show up but just leave

that was today ? loool , we live in front of each other btw xD , but my view is towards the hill,

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to YuniorF

Click for full size
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by YuniorF :

said by vintage:

said by YuniorF :

well , i live at marble hill and verizon is working here, they are installing FiOS according to what one of the truck guys told me, but they working at a very slow rate, and i dont even know if they are installing the cables on the poles, or they are waiting for ConEdison to dig up the street for them.

Yes very slowly but the weird thing is empire city arrives with Verizon, and they talk a bit with the coned crew and leave. Coned is doing some gas main repairs around my block.

same luck here my friend,verizon didnt even show up today because of them

They show up but just leave

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to vintage

said by vintage:

said by YuniorF :

well , i live at marble hill and verizon is working here, they are installing FiOS according to what one of the truck guys told me, but they working at a very slow rate, and i dont even know if they are installing the cables on the poles, or they are waiting for ConEdison to dig up the street for them.

Yes very slowly but the weird thing is empire city arrives with Verizon, and they talk a bit with the coned crew and leave. Coned is doing some gas main repairs around my block.

same luck here my friend,verizon didnt even show up today because of them

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to nycdave

said by nycdave:

ConEd doesn't dig up the streets for Verizon in Manhattan and the Bronx. Empire City Subway does the trenching for Verizon. ECS is a Verizon subsidiary, and ECS is responsible for all the communication ducts in Manhattan and the Bronx - not just for Verizon.

oh well,it not only conedison who is around here, there are also some guys called, network infrastructure inc, idk with who they working with

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to YuniorF

said by YuniorF :

nycdave
Premium,MVM
Melville, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to YuniorF

ConEd doesn't dig up the streets for Verizon in Manhattan and the Bronx. Empire City Subway does the trenching for Verizon. ECS is a Verizon subsidiary, and ECS is responsible for all the communication ducts in Manhattan and the Bronx - not just for Verizon.

YuniorF

@68.174.82.x
reply to Eddy120876

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to Network Guy

Hey guys

summer here and nothing yet when it comes to door to door salesman or notice of Fios . Good God this is taking forever. Anyways friend of mine was in KC and he was using Google fiber at his brothers house and he was blown away at the speed and channel guide. He has Xfinity and once he got home he was disappointed with the speed and channels. He was a huge Xfinity fanboy until he tried Google fiber he wish he could get it and I told him try Fios at your mother in laws place so he's looking forward to visiting now after I told him you can get faster speeds with Fios. So he will give me the his verdict this weekend.

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to fatal

said by fatal:

lol same here in brooklyn they mark it and leave the marks fade away and they come back and mark them again wth is that about what a waste of time and money

They came back and repainted the ground, but this time they had an Verizon worker checking out a telephone pole and marking it.

fatal

join:2000-12-29
Brooklyn, NY
reply to vintage

said by vintage:

mark the ground where the utility lines run and leave.

lol same here in brooklyn they mark it and leave the marks fade away and they come back and mark them again wth is that about what a waste of time and money

vintage

Bronx, NY
reply to Eddy120876

said by Eddy120876:

Yeah they need to move faster.

Tell me about it. All they do around my neighborhood is mark the ground where the utility lines run and leave.

Eddy120876

Bronx, NY
reply to fatal

Yeah they need to move faster.