uniqs

AnonA
@client2.attbi.co

AnonA to phone1

Anon

to phone1

Re: Airlink+ AR315W - having some fun

phone1

I used to have the newer Airlink Ap411w (101r286) firmware, which was terrible, so I was at the original version 1.00-r232 that shipped with the AP when I switched the firmware to the Dlink. I did pretty much what the above post says.

-flashed AP through the web interface with the original Airlink firmware, unplugged it about 6-10 seconds into the flash. (now try to go to the web interface, you will see that it is in failsafe mode---still won't accept other firmwares)

-now you have to do a hard reset by holding down the reset switch for at least 10 seconds, now you will have to go to the web interface again, but you will need to use the original setup IP address (like in the manual)

-now the Ap411w will accept the other firmwares (flashed through the failsafe web interface), I started with 1.02 then flashed 2.00 a bit later--make sure everything reboots, etc...

-now you can configure the AP with either the web interface or the Dlink manager program for the DWL-2100

Hope that is clear and helps. I just followed the other poster's steps. I have done both my Ap411ws this way with no problems, but you could easily end up with a piece of trash if you mess it up---YMMV

phone1
@aol.com

phone1

Anon

AnonA

Thanks much I think that will help me screw things up .,
I found the v1.02 dlink software now on the ftp site so Ill
use that instead of the v1.03 before trying v2.0.

First time a round you don't know what to expect, though I've flashed plenty of cell phones & on some hacks had to do things similar to force flash them. Never had a problem with them so 'cross my fingers' hopefully shouldn't here. Although here were relying on the 'protected' are of the bootrom to do its job.

I saw above 'if the poster you were referring to was ap411w'
that he mentioned using the telnet/ftp command to flash
and wasn't sure, since I couldn't find the list of telnet
commands. But you say you used the web interface & it worked
fine so we'll try that.

I guess nobody has tried figuring out what parts of the
header and possibly checksum need changing so I direct
flash should work?

If possible could you send me the original ar411 soft?
phonedudesathotmaildotcom I believe that's what's in mine now since I 'did not' upgrade since reading all the problems but would like to take a look at it and see if I can make heads
up with possibly modifying it as well.

Regards..

ap411w
@dsl.pltn13.pacbell.n

ap411w

Anon

phone1: read that entire link re: the conceptronics, telnet to your AP and all will be revealed... "help" is a useful telnet command.

thanks for reporting the web flash method works, the telnet tftp command gives more feedback if you are going to play around with modifying the fw itself.

The 1.02 fw can be found at »ftp://ftp.dlink.com you can prolly go straight to 2.0 but that's just the way I did it.

and yes I lost a AP411w to corrupted backup fw when I got the planex fw running, you might want to look at that fw if you want to modify fw since it more closely resembles the original airlink one.
ap411w

ap411w to phone1

Anon

to phone1
btw, you can also extract the original AP411w fw by

telnet 10.0.0.1
> ls
(apimg1 I think is the one your interested in)
> superftp [IP for your PC running a FTP server]
user/pass = [whatever you setup on your ftp server]
file: apimg1
upload

it lacks the checksums in the .tfp distributions but everything else is the same.

phone1
@aol.com

phone1

Anon

Well darn... Bad news is now I cant extract the original ar firmware..

cuz the good news is I have a Air(D)link 2100ap v2.00, using the web interface flash worked perfect, like AnonA reported!

Wish I didn't get so antsy.

This still seems to have issues w/Firefox though pulls up compared to the Airlink firmware,
actually the whole web interface is a little shaky even under IE (being no different than the Airlink flash).
Do you get the login request a few times when it decides to drop out in a web session?

So what happened with one of your 411's, AP411?

Any advantages to the Planex firmware over the Dlink or any others thats been known to get flashed?
phone1

phone1

Anon

Just did a quick check via telnet .. ya, all kinds of commands listed with the use of good ole 'help'

Not sure what the deal is but seems to want to reboot quite often in telnet.. I can enter a few commands then connection
loss, relogin. Any experience with that?

Any idea on what the other files are? cfg's are obvious, I gather the 'apimg1' is a combination of 'backup' & 'art' plus some other misc overhead, wonder what the 0 byte 'img' is.

AnonA
@client2.attbi.co

AnonA

Anon

phone 1

sent you the original AP411w firmware, just in case.

I know what you mean about antsy-- I flash all sorts of stuff, more often than not I just "go for it".;)

I agree the web interface is still not great, although I have had better luck under IE than Firefox, constantly asking for login, dropping out. Good news is that the Dlink AP manager software works great for your Air(D)link 2100ap. You can get it from the Dlink support site, still not as handy. I have not had any trouble with Telnet sessions dropping connections.

anewbine
@comcast.net

anewbine to AnonA

Anon

to AnonA
AnonA/anyone
once the AP411W is flashed with other FW (ie. 2.00), is there a way to load other version on it (ex. 2.10eu)? I have tried same method, but looks like there is no recovery mode for Dlink FW?
thanks.

anewbie2
@comcast.net

anewbie2

Anon

Re: Airlink101 AP411w DWL2100 firmware; surecom???

well, i put the dwl2100 2.00 fw on my ap411w, cause it has dhcp and thought it would be better... but i notice that the wireless disconnect several times during usage; does not reboot just disconnect wireless (running 54g)!

now just put dwl2100 1.03 backup; I was trying to put Airlink 1.00 back but, after putting ap2100, cannot go back to Airlink FW, still checking connection issue... If any one knows how, please help.

I read in some other thread that, surecom or kcorp has even more options? if some have use these fw on ap411w, please comment. And how to flash ap411w running ap2100 fw with surecome? thanks.

newbie1
@comcast.net

newbie1 to AnonA

Anon

to AnonA

Re: AP411w DWL-2100AP FW DI624 superg MIMO

I have a AP411w running DWL2100 1.03; wanted to try other FW but device will not accept any other FW, does anyone have anyway to flash AP411w with other FW once it's already running DWL2100 ? Have anyone got their AP411w running superg with MIMO (Di624) ??? If so, please email me. thx
»www.dlink.com/products/? ··· &pid=385