Premium Member
join:2002-02-08
Houston, TX

1 recommendation

removed to CKnetworX

Premium Member

to CKnetworX

Re: FREE Hosting,400MB-25GIGS BW,NO ADS!!,

Damn, you're slick! The "1 Gmail invite" disappeared from the paid packages just after I pointed it out.

It's too bad that Google indexed you, you dolt.

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

1 edit

twizlar to CKnetworX

Premium Member

to CKnetworX
lol this truly is comedy. Also your site is slow NOT due to the nature of phpbb, it can be very speedy if its not on a shitty 256kbps upload connection nad probably a crappy overloaded computer.

EDIT: So theorectically you can only host 3 people with your free package (3 * 25gb = 75gb) ~= (256kbps/8 * 3600 * 24 * 30 = ~81gb)
Feel free to correct me but it is around 81 gb max transfer for your conection. Thats some high quality hosting, even with massive overselling you could only support maybe 20 accounts or so. Also why would anyone want to host a site on a connection that would have very poor latency due to a maxed out upstream channel? Basically even small ammounts of traffic wil bring 256kbps to a halt.

state
stress magnet
Mod
Purgatory

1 recommendation

state to CKnetworX

Mod

to CKnetworX
said by CKnetworX:

4th. i am NOT breaking the TOS of google by giving their gmail invites away free with my free hosting accounts... who ever said that, is a blatent retard.
I said it. What of it? Did you read the quote and the link I provided?

Every ounce of credibility you may have had in your response up to this point is now moot, since you've resorted to name-calling. GMail (part of Google) has what we like to call Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policies of which you violated. I posted a direct link so you could check them out for yourself.

Lashing out because you don't agree with someone is not the way to win respect in these forums. Good luck with your service, with that attitude I'm sure you'll do well..

hitachi369
Embrace Your Rights
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Cincinnati, OH

hitachi369 to CKnetworX

Premium Member

to CKnetworX
Looks like he is having server issues

twizlar
I dont think so.
Premium Member
join:2003-12-24
Brantford, ON

twizlar to CKnetworX

Premium Member

to CKnetworX
its been down all day, there goes his 98% uptime, i want my monies back!!
shawn01606
join:2004-08-01
USA

shawn01606 to CKnetworX

to CKnetworX
I really do not think this kid has what it takes to have a hosting company. Obviously he has not experience and does not know the complications and the dedication it takes to properly host websites. Im assuming he does not have any type of data back up (Such as RAID) and obviously his server does not seem to stable/reliable (such as all the database errors). Some people just do not understand the logistics of such a business, and do not have what it takes to run it.

removed
Premium Member
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Heh. And he's hosting it off his cable modem - an amazing upstream of 256kbps.

bobrk
You kids get offa my lawn
Premium Member
join:2000-02-02
San Jose, CA
·SONIC

bobrk

Premium Member

said by removed:

an amazing upstream of 256kbps.
Seems to be enough for displaying error messages.
k1ll3rdr4g0n
join:2005-03-19
Homer Glen, IL

k1ll3rdr4g0n to CKnetworX

to CKnetworX
"vBulletin vBulletin test site (we set it up)"

Uhh...anyone else notice that one?
Wonder if he has a license .

Gonna check IPB..

-goes into shock- none of the demos work i wonder why .

LeeBee
It's Dark Out There
join:2003-06-18
Swissieland

LeeBee to CKnetworX

to CKnetworX

tragedy strikes

said by CKnetworX:

Due to the previous portal/forum speed issues, we decided to sacrifice data for speed. But during the process, something went terribly wrong, and all(ALL) data was lost. We were able to save all hosted member account info, so as soon as we get the site back up to specs, i will work on getting all previous hosted member accounts back online.

the site should be back up to specs within the next few hours, so stay tuned for more info.... kick back and post away, while i get the site back up to specs...
Sacrifice data for speed?!?! then the loss of all data should be expected; after all, that's indeed truly sacrificing data for speed.

Having said that, an empty website loads more quickly than a content-rich one
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to CKnetworX

to CKnetworX

Re: FREE Hosting,400MB-25GIGS BW,NO ADS!!,

Don't get me wrong, I would never host with CKnetworX, but come on, the kid is trying to do something constructive at least.

I'm sure many hosting companies started out as a "crappy pc and slow connection running outta the basement"... but he's obviously still learning, and has a lot to learn about hosting and web services, give him a break.

I know he hasn't asked for it, but if you want to help, give him some nice advice. Maybe someday he'll learn to ask for advice from people who know more as well.

Maybe he'll host a few friends and family sites, maybe a few more and earn some money for college or whatever.

Beats flipping burgers.

removed
Premium Member
Houston, TX

removed

Premium Member

Yeah, I mean coming over here and having an attitude was a great thing.

And then covering up a lie.

This kid is a real winner. This is truly constructive.
tdkyo
join:2002-12-07
Rochester, NY

tdkyo to TherapyChick

to TherapyChick
I would like to interject that most hosting companies (that stay about a year in business) starts out with a minimum of a real reseller's account from another hosting company.

IMHO, hosting company started from a "crappy pc and slow connection running outta the basement" won't survive a year in "business", because the fact that most of them would get shutdown by their ISP, or their lack of dedication convinces them to move on to their life and abandon such web hosting company prospects.

LeeBee
It's Dark Out There
join:2003-06-18
Swissieland

LeeBee to CKnetworX

to CKnetworX

don't knock basement hosting

I have three domains down their....personal in nature, run ok on my 400kbps uplink, don't break TOS. But I am not trying to offer something under somewhat false pretences

I probably could relocate to a friend's spot in a datacentre for free but where's the fun in that?