spc
uniqs
xargs
join:2000-08-25
Camarillo, CA

xargs to cbrain

to cbrain

Re: FIOS - First 7 days reviewed

Verizon's web page says that you have to use their router, but it appears that you found this not to be the case?
cbrain (banned)
join:2000-05-21
Silver Spring, MD

cbrain (banned)

Do I have the right to remain silent?

Ill simply say it appears any router or computer with Ethernet hardware that does PPPOE will work.

slogun1
join:2000-10-20
Syosset, NY

slogun1 to xargs

to xargs
Remember we've got people talking here from NY, Texas, MD, etc and policies may not be uniform.

Here in NY they're telling us that they need to do the install using the verizon router, after that you can hook up whatever router you want.

vznrepNY
@optonline.net

vznrepNY

Anon

No matter where you are, after the Verizon provided router is installed, you can switch to any router you want.

--vznrepNY--

slogun1
join:2000-10-20
Syosset, NY

slogun1

Hey, how come vznrepNY is on "optonline.net"?

vznrepNY
@optonline.net

vznrepNY

Anon

I work for VZN and my wife works for Cablevision... She gets free OOL and I'm on her computer right now, I need to get my battery replaced on mine.
cbrain (banned)
join:2000-05-21
Silver Spring, MD

cbrain (banned) to vznrepNY

to vznrepNY
vznrepNY,

Do you work with FIOS?

Murphy_75062
@verizon.com

Murphy_75062 to slogun1

Anon

to slogun1
Correct - in TX the same thing - they will get it working on their Dlink 604 or the 624 (wireless) router. After that - you can switch it out.

Only issue is plugging your router in and out causes your ONT to go "Screaming" (their terminology). So if you don't get an IP address after hooking up your new router - call the 800 number and tell hem to reboot the ONT
dbaer
join:2003-01-25
Bethpage, NY

dbaer to cbrain

to cbrain
Verizon announced fiber optic in New York on Long Island a few months ago. They forgot to tell everyone calling that they only have it in certain towns on Long Island contrary what the advertisement read.

Well the fortunate fiber users get 5 megabits down for 35 dollars a month, which I pay for 1.5 megabits down right now.

I cannot get fiber because verizon does not have it installed in my CO. So I asked the dsl division to lower my price becausethe lucky fiber users get 5 megabits down for 35 dollars a month also. They refused.

I advise people looking for dsl not to get verizon dsl but to go to cable instead.

Verizon does not have my area scheduled for fiber this year and it annoys me that I have to pay the price of fiber but not get the 5 megabit speed but have 1.5 down instead.

Call verizon and tell them to lower their price or open up fiber optic for everyone not just a fortunate few. If many people call, they will get the message.