The Pup Was Female, I'M Not
Premium Member
join:2003-12-28
Bremerton, WA

NanDog to captnhook

Premium Member

to captnhook

Re: Problem after MS update KB891711

Hmmm....I've been following this thread since its inception last week. Given the probs some of you folks have had with 98 and Me, I'm gonna hold off on installing this update on my 98se box. Thanks for the info!

dp
MVM
join:2000-12-08
Greensburg, PA

dp

MVM

said by NanDog:

Hmmm....I've been following this thread since its inception last week. Given the probs some of you folks have had with 98 and Me, I'm gonna hold off on installing this update on my 98se box. Thanks for the info!
Same here, I haven't installed 891711 yet and now will be holding off on it for sure.
JackCam614
Premium Member
join:2000-08-24
New Hyde Park, NY

2 edits

JackCam614

Premium Member

said by dp:

said by NanDog:

Same here, I haven't installed 891711 yet and now will be holding off on it for sure.
Ditto and Ditto.;)

Yet another reason I am soooooo appreciative of this forum and all of its helpful members. I've made a habit of always reviewing the Security Forum before DL'ing any critical updates. 98SE on this box, XP Pro SP2 on others, N/A.

Have to agree with above poster, hahb, why the H--L is Windows Updates still offering this 'Critical Update' knowing that it is causing such serious problems?

Jack