spc
Search similar:

uniqs

zdman
@comcast.net

zdman

Anon

PPV Error SRM-9002

My new motorola pvr (6412) is working just fine except I cannot order PPV movies. I can do anything else including on-demand stuff (excpt the ppv movies in on-demand). When I try to order a movie I get an error SRM9002 and says to call comcast. I did and they said it is something on my end that is wrong. Has anyone else had any problems like this?
By the way I am in the DFW area (Mckinney, TX).
I sure did not get the impression that the person I talked to on the phone had any clue what was going on. They did try sending some more info to my box, but that did not help. Also, when they hooked my cable up, they used my existing home wiring and ON-Q amp. Wonder if that could be the problem?
Smokey Joe5
join:2005-02-13
Beaverton, OR

Smokey Joe5

SRM9002 is the error that occurs when an account over limit on PPV/onDemand or delinquent. If this is a new account then you should not be behind, and should be followe up on. If it is an ongoing account AND delinquent, then making a payment would likely clear it.

zdman
@comcast.net

zdman to zdman

Anon

to zdman
Guess I will call them back. Since I have only had cable for a week, I would not think I would be late on a payment. Maybe something on the account is checked wrong.

Ryven
join:2003-11-26
Portland, OR

Ryven

Also can be caused by a seemingly random error involving the need to 'reset your credit limit' this is a very simple procedure your local repair department can handle in a 3 minute phone call.

*credit limit on your account is the amount (in dollars) that you can have as a PPV balance before it starts denying you access to further PPV through the remote. Resetting it means taking it down to 0 temporarily & putting it back on whatever it was before*

If you have it already set to 0 then you may want to nudge it up to 10 or so

zdman
@65.205.x.x

zdman to zdman

Anon

to zdman
Thanks to Bird69 and Ryven.
I called back Friday and talked to a different customer support person and explained the possible problem with PPV. For some reason, not by request, my account was set to $0 for PPV. Not sure why becuase she said the default was $150 unless a customer asked for something different. Anyway, she changed it and all is working now.