spc
Search similar:

uniqs
cricketbowl
join:2005-03-24
Australia

cricketbowl

[Siemens] Seimens SpeedStream 4200 - How to access config

I have just received a seimens speedstream 4200 ADSL modem from my ISP. I want to set it into Bridging mode, any ideas on how I can access the device to configure this i.e a standard IP address to connect to??

Thanks

zbopz
@216.234.x.x

zbopz

Anon

I have a couple of the SpeedStream ADSL routers I just got today from Valor Telecom for testing. The IP address I use is 192.168.254.254. The default username is admin and default password is admin. I have not been able to get to any of the REAL configuration pages. It always asks me for the username and password but fails to login. I was given a "back door" username and password from Valor but these ALSO will not allow me to get the the real configuration pages. You should find the Bridge Mode under WAN Interface but I couldn't say for sure because I cannot access that page :|

Anyone know how to get past this stupid login issue? I've searched and found nothing helpful on the net so far. I can get to and create new user accounts and change the admin account username and password but I am still unable to access any of the configuration pages.
cricketbowl
join:2005-03-24
Australia

cricketbowl

I actually found how to get onto mine it was using 10.0.0.138 and the username was admin password was admin. I was able to put it into bridge mode but could not get the netgear wirelsss router to function with it ... anyone got any idea how to do this? Telstra in Australia told me they do not support bridge mode but surely there is a way to get it working

scottishchieftan
@valornet.com

scottishchieftan to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl
Know if the 4200 is NAT or NATP? I am having trouble playing an online game (Asherons Call) that requires NAT. It uses Loose UDP Routing and won't work with NATP. Its weird. I use Cox Cable at the office and it (laptop) works fine, but bring it home and it won't work on Valor with the Speedstream. Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!
ubelducky
join:2005-03-22
Cross Plains, TX

ubelducky

Im having the same problems still. The speedstream 4200 from valor is loaded with a custom firmware, and if there is a password that will allow you to change any of the setup, only valor telecom has it and they are not exactly willing to give it up. i was thinking that if we had an original siemens firmware for it that it could be flashed, but that requires getting into the setup page...im hoping to see a solution to this soon.

pak9rabid
@rr.com

pak9rabid

Anon

I work tech support for valor. To access the DSL modem config, open IE and go to »192.168.254.254. Username/pass should be admin/admin, unless it's been changed to something else. If that's the case, you *should* be able to reset the modem back to default settings by hitting the reset button on the back of it. That will reset the user/pass back to admin/admin.
lw039
join:2005-04-27

lw039 to cricketbowl

to cricketbowl
The modem shipped out from Bigpond is setup as DHCP server, so to find out the IP address, set your PC to request IP from DHCP server and then from a command prompt do "ipconfig /all". The dhcp server address is your 4200 modem address, which is normally 10.0.0.138 (BigPond default).
The mode you need to setup in the modem is "PPPoE bridge mode" in which the modem is transparently passing through PPPoE and allow PPPoE client to start on device behind the modem (PC or Router) as suppose to just normal "Bridged" subscriber.

To do this from scratch you need to go
from "WAN interface"
and then "add a new VC"
and then select "PPPoE" as the protocol (DO NOT SELECT "RFC-2684 Bridged" on this screen!!)
next, for the PPPoE configuration select "Bridge only".
Follow the wizard till finish and then reboot...

This will allow PPPoE client to start behind the modem and the PC/Router to terminate and authenticate PPPoE session.

Cheers,
Dunedoo
join:2005-05-07
australia

Dunedoo to cricketbowl

to cricketbowl
VK2AGW I have siemens 4200 and want to use ports 5198 5199 5200 it these are stopping me from using EchoLink a Radio Ham interlinking program. Used to work OK on dialup... Ken
chron3
join:2005-05-22
Haskell, OK

1 edit

chron3 to pak9rabid

to pak9rabid

Re: [Siemens] Seimens SpeedStream 4200 - How to ac

I just got off the phone with valor. Tier 1 and 2 did not know what the "real" username and password are to get into the appropriate configuration screens to configure it as a bridge router. They opened up an internal ticket to try to get the information from the senior technicians. The problem is driving be nuts, I haven't been able to access my email since I got DSL setup because I am also having MTU issue.
chron3

chron3

I think I have figured out (in my case with Valor) that the "super user" username is valor. If I log in as admin and try to create a profile named "valor", it states that one already exists by that name. Now if I (or Valor tech support) could figure out what the password is, I would be set. I also discovered that something is going on with 192.168.254.1 as well as 192.168.254.254 (the stated default addy). The .1 addy askes for a UN and PW also. Telneting into the .254 also requests and UN and PW but the admin/admin doesn't work.

ljb2of3
@valornet.com

ljb2of3 to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl
I too just got a 4200 modem from valor, and need to change some of the locked settings, if any of you are able to get the username and password from valor, please let me know.

-Landy Bible
ljb2of3@utulsa.edu

Valortech
@telenetwork.com

Valortech

Anon

Guys need to call Valor and ask to get it bridged by tech support getting in touch with DSL engineering. They can do this instantly remotely. The supervisor password is not given out, even I dont know it. I have to get it done via DSL engineering, aka Network Admins.

ljb2of3
@valornet.com

ljb2of3

Anon

Why don't they give out that password? If I go buy a dsl modem from Best Buy, I'd have full access to the settings, whats the difference?
BobRetelle
join:2003-10-15
Ypsilanti, MI

BobRetelle

I think I'm missing something here... are you guys PAYING for these routers..?

As in, you drop the service, you still get to keep the unit..?

But they keep the password locked up..?

Hmmmmm....

Optimized
MVM,
join:2001-05-03
Ringwood, NJ

Optimized to cricketbowl

MVM,

to cricketbowl

(topic move) Seimens SpeedStream 5200 Problem

Moderator Action
The post that was here, and all followups to it, were moved to a new topic .. » Seimens SpeedStream 5200 Problem

KitsuneXen
@valornet.com

KitsuneXen to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl

I also have a SpeedStream 4200 and, while I was able to access the config, I'm trying to get it to forward Port 30000 to it, so I can run a Netbattle server.

Even though it shows up on the Port Forwarding page, it's not working somewhere along the line.

Any suggestions?

Milos Bavaro
@codetel.net.do

Milos Bavaro to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl

Re: [Siemens] Seimens SpeedStream 4200 - How to access config

So, i have SpeedStream 4200, and after reseting, it stays the same, there where is login, you can not change user, it is CODETEL (i am in dominican republic)...and in setup, user login is not admin/admin..
i want to make web server of my pc, with no-ip.com

Doctor Olds
I Need A Remedy For What's Ailing Me.
Premium Member
join:2001-04-19
1970 442 W30

1 recommendation

Doctor Olds to KitsuneXen

Premium Member

to KitsuneXen

said by KitsuneXen:

I also have a SpeedStream 4200 and, while I was able to access the config, I'm trying to get it to forward Port 30000 to it, so I can run a Netbattle server.

Even though it shows up on the Port Forwarding page, it's not working somewhere along the line.

The port (or ports) must to be forwarded to the actual PC on the LAN using it's LAN IP address. You don't select "to the router" as the location.

The 4100/4200 User Manual has step by step instructions for port forwarding.

You cannot test the server using your Public IP while on the LAN.

»Efficient Networks Forum FAQ »I'm trying to run a Server and I get the Router page instead of my Server?

Regards,

Doctor Olds
bernievink
join:2005-07-28
Plainfield, NH

bernievink

Hi Guys and Gals
For those still searching for info on this modem/router
try this link to the german website where you should get a pdf with the complete users manual with all necessary setups, bridging NAT/NATP either or both, port forwarding etc, etc.

»www.siemens.com/Daten/si ··· 4276.pdf

have fun guys
regards
Bernie

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

1 edit

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by bernievink:

For those still searching for info
Did you really miss my post (the one right above yours) that I made 4 days ago to the 4100/4200 User Manual ? How?

etraid
@sympatico.ca

etraid to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl

Hi. Did you get any idea on how to configure teh modem?
I have just intalled one and I need to cofigure to be able to access my computer from internet.
thanks,
Esteban

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

2 edits

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

said by etraid:
I have just intalled one and I need to cofigure to be able to access my computer from internet.
Your ISP (»Bell Canada) uses customized and crippled Firmware. You should read the »Bell Canada Forum for solutions and setup help.

»4200 vs 5200 - Pics & unlocked screenshot included

Regards,

Doctor Olds

prisg
@valornet.com

prisg to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl

I wanted to remote desktop from home to office and back and have Valornet.. and my "computer expert" and I worked and tried, and of course couldn't get into the config parts of the modem to make the needed changes. I called valor tech 3 times and they said as long as I could surf and get my email.. they didn't have to do any more, and that I needed to call Seimens. So next morning called Seimens, and they said Valor has the contract to support that 4200, and if they were going to.. it would cost me $45 up front. So hung up and called Valor to really complain, and got the nicest tech.. knew immediatelly what needed done, and that Valor DOES have their own firmware on the Seimen 4200, and said he would call line repair, and put in a ticket to DSL engineering to open my ports.. so call support, and insist on talking to someone higher up if you don't get satisfaction, and know that they can help you.

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

Yes, this was posted above....
quote:
Guys need to call Valor and ask to get it bridged by tech support getting in touch with DSL engineering. They can do this instantly remotely. The supervisor password is not given out, even I dont know it. I have to get it done via DSL engineering, aka Network Admins.

coley
@bigpond.net.au

coley to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl
i've tried so many passwords and none of them work i can't get into the configaration to set the damned thing up, anyone know any special username and passwords that i'd need or any other help?
payne22
join:2005-08-13
Trinidad

payne22 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
hey doctor olds, excuse my question ,i'm very new at this. I have a speedstream 4200 also. And i think i understand what you're saying. But i just want to confirm some thing. The ip address 192.168.254.254 is the router's ip address and not my actual pc address right? Therefore I have to get my personal pc address and put it in on the 'redirect service to ip address (or something close to those words) option? But how do I find my pc's ip address? And after i do this,do i need to reboot my computer or somethnig? Thanks in advance:)
payne22

payne22 to Doctor Olds

to Doctor Olds
hey doctor olds, excuse my question ,i'm very new at this. I have a speedstream 4200 also. And i think i understand what you're saying. But i just want to confirm some thing. The ip address 192.168.254.254 is the router's ip address and not my actual pc address right? Therefore I have to get my personal pc address and put it in on the 'redirect service to ip address (or something close to those words) option? But how do I find my pc's ip address? And would i need to do anything in the NAT feature? And after putting completing the port forwarding do i need to reboot my computer or anything like that? Please help me,Thanks in advance:)

Doctor Olds
Premium Member
1970 442 W30

Doctor Olds

Premium Member

To find your PC IP Address you run the command "ipconfig /all" minus the quotes.

Port Forwarding.
»portforward.com/help/pfp ··· sion.htm

»/r0/do ··· 00PF.jpg

Please download and study the Router Manual (link above) that has a step by step forwarding guide.

Regards,

Doctor Olds

wgonfan
@69-92-cpe.cableone.n

1 recommendation

wgonfan to cricketbowl

Anon

to cricketbowl

I just had this problem, here is the info that I had to fight valor to get.

Username: Valor
Password: v4lor!
wgonfan

wgonfan to BobRetelle

Anon

to BobRetelle

all routers from valor actually use this username & password for the "super user" functions

username: valor
password: v4lor!