spc
uniqs

Packet 8
join:2005-01-21
Dayton, OH

Packet 8 to deliberate

to deliberate

Re: Porting Rules

I have always tried to tell people that it isn't JUST the VoIP providers who might be slowing down the LNP process.

Great Post by the way!!!Two thumbs up

Reasons a Number Cannot be Ported.

# Rate center not complete - Rate center of the number requested does not support porting, but will be able to support porting in a matter of months.
# Telephone Number is Wireless we cannot port wireless numbers to Level3 at this time.
# Cannot Port 800#
# No ICA there current carrier doesn’t have Interconnection agreement with Level3. (legal reasons)
# Number is no longer in service.

Reasons for LNP Request to be Rejected during the Porting Process in Level3.

# 800 number are being directed to the TELEPHONE NUMBER being Ported.
# Level3 request for the customer's LOA and Billing again.
# Customer has requested a freeze on their account that does not allow the account to be ported.
# Distinctive Ring on line.
# DSL on line.
# End User is already porting the numbers.
# Name and address are different than what appeared on the LNP request.
# Telephone number is already disconnected.
# The billing names do not match.
# The service address is different from the address on the LNP Request.
# Telephone number not found.
# XO customer - XO requires customers to go to their website to fill our a release.
# This telephone number is wireless and can not be ported.

illek
Premium Member
join:2005-03-23
Tulsa, OK

1 edit

illek

Premium Member

"# Telephone Number is Wireless we cannot port wireless numbers to Level3 at this time."

WHY DON"T YOU TELL YOUR CUSTOMERS THIS IN ADVANCE?!?!

I sat for weeks waiting for Packet8 to port my wireless number, faxed the forms in several times at P8's request and finally received an email stating that "My number could not be ported". No explanation. Why not just lay out the rules in advance and save your customers the frustration of going through your convoluted, unsupported LNP process.

edit: PS- Thanks, Preston, for an EXCELLENT post.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to Packet 8

to Packet 8
"# Customer has requested a freeze on their account that does not allow the account to be ported"

Not true, I got an email from SR saying my LNP could not happen because of the "freeze".. But, same day,, 2 hrs later, another email saying it was done. No one called to verify or anything. My LN is now ported to Sunrocket. So much for putting a "freeze" on my number.