anthrorules
Premium Member
join:2003-09-14
Rollinsville, CO

anthrorules to superdog

Premium Member

to superdog

Re: Wireless users, READ THIS!

In terms of competition...in my neck of the woods, there are three WISPs in the town closest to me, and two WISP in my neighborhood...separate from the three in the town...one is a co-op and the other is a larger company with actual data centers in the Front Range, and a large network of towers, which the latter is my WISP...which is about $30.00 more expensive than the co-op, but you get what you pay for, which is great customer support (co-op has two volunteer engineers who are only able to support issues in the evenings and weekends versus my WISP that offers 24-7-365 support) and reliable service (well, after they amplified my antenna signal to 2.4 Ghz from 900 Mhz).
cevans59
Premium Member
join:2003-08-14
Smithton, IL

cevans59

Premium Member

Good post The WISP we get our service from has had some growing pains but overall they have been responsive. They are getting ready to replace the single radio/omni antenna on the tower we use with an 3-radio/3-120 degree sectional system soon. They said we will be down for two days but they are going to credit us for half of our next bill due to the inconvenience.

Overall I'm happy.