Search similar:

uniqs

Lester40
join:2002-01-03
Millbrook, AL

1 edit

Lester40

KNOLOGY - FIX THIS or the B.B.B. will get a letter

KNOLOGY-FIX THIS or the B.B.B. will get a letter from me !!
KNOLOGY-I should get a Refund for this months bill at these speeds.

2005-04-01 18:32:25 EST: 77 / 19
Your download speed : 79157 bps, or 77 kbps.
A 9.6 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 20258 bps, or 19 kbps.
bamafamily
join:2000-12-20
Huntsville, AL

bamafamily

Re: KNOLOGY - FIX THIS or the B.B.B. will get a le

I totally agree...My speeds have also went down some but not that bad...Knology is adding new customers when they cant support the spped for the loyal ones they have had over the years..I am already looking at both Comcast and Mediacom..Enough is enough...Let me know when you fill out the BBB letter..I will be right behind you..

bama

Cop
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Im just about to hook up with comcast in a week or so They are giving me the cable internet for $29.99 a month for 6 months along with a $50 Gift Certificate to some place and a free mp3 player (who knows how crappy it is) but If knology has its speed back by then, i'll just switch back.

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

said by Cop:

...a free mp3 player (who knows how crappy it is) ...
I have the 256MB FM version of the one they are giving away. They are giving the 128MB version out by Creative. It is a pretty decent player. The headphones are pretty cheap however and I replaced mine with a Sony pair.

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

After finding out its the same price for their cable tv and knology's tv, I will be switching tv service also to comcast. If I can find out how much comcast's phone service is, i just might switch it too. Jump off the Knology boat before it sinks!

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

I moved my tv service back to Comcast several months ago due to better content and way better HD coverage. Knology JUST added our ABC station that Comcast had for 1-1/2 years! Its $7 more per month but I feel its worth that. I still have phone and net with Knology as both those have been very stable.

I do see that the stock has dropped over the last year. The only thing I don't like about Comcasts net service is that 2GB cap on newsgroups. Sometimes I do more than that a month and a seperate usenet account would cost me more overall so I'll stick with Knology. Speeds have been good so far.

2005-04-07 17:52:44 EST: 3583 / 354
Your download speed : 3669485 bps, or 3583 kbps.
A 447.9 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 362581 bps, or 354 kbps.

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

What the heck? I didnt relize they upgrade to 3500, thought it was just 3000. Man o man am I even more mad.
zero_tz
join:2005-04-07
Barnwell, SC

zero_tz to Lester40

to Lester40

Re: KNOLOGY - FIX THIS or the B.B.B. will get a letter

lol lester.
refund? doubt it.
you signed up for it. deal with it.
send a letter. who cares. your one person.
knology has more to lose than you.
your prolly running a p2 and just someone with no knowledge on anything.
Dave Krueger
join:2004-05-07
Huntsville, AL

Dave Krueger

Re: KNOLOGY - FIX THIS or the B.B.B. will get a le

You got that right. Knology's too busy trying to get their stock down to a new all time low to be worrying about pesky customer satisfaction issues. LOL!

-Dave

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22 to Cop

to Cop
said by Cop:

What the heck? I didnt relize they upgrade to 3500, thought it was just 3000. Man o man am I even more mad.
I've had 3500 for about 3-4 months now (I think) maybe a little longer. It was shortly after Comcast rolled out 4000 in my area.

Cop
Premium Member
Auburn, AL

Cop

Premium Member

Just goes to show that knology doesn't care about the market up here. Calling comcast today to switch and jump of the Knology Ship(btw, the knology ship has a hole in it and is sinking very fast)

Lester40
join:2002-01-03
Millbrook, AL

4 edits

Lester40

I am thinking that maybe Knology over sales and can not keep up with the growing demand of people getting rid of dial-up to get faster speeds through CABLE and DSL. So to make more profit they sale the product, being 3000 kbps in this location, yet hence can not deliver it or can not deliver it on a consistency that we the customer demands. Which in turn mean that there are too many people using the broadband for the equipment they have in place? Upgrade equipment and hire better tech people and we would not mine paying the price for a good product. Heck, I would pay twice what I pay for say maybe 5000 kbps. And if they would get us up to 10 Mbps I would pay what ever was the national average. But first I guess we need them to deliver the 3 Mbps we pay for now instead of making us pay for something they in no way in the world could deliver to us at this time. What do you guys think? Is inadequate equipment the problem with our ISP, knology?

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
Panama City, FL

goober22

I have no problem in NW Florida...

2005-04-14 21:15:32 EST: 3451 / 365
Your download speed : 3534030 bps, or 3451 kbps.
A 431.4 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 373831 bps, or 365 kbps.

Our system was built from the ground up about 5-6 years ago. Not sure about your area. I'm thinking about moving my tv back to them as they have finally rolled out all our locals in HD. I know this doesn't make you feel any better, but I've had great service from day 1. I imagine my complaints about the tv side is probably due to tight budgets. Not sure what the problem in your area maybe.