spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tgill430
join:2004-10-27
Baltimore, MD

tgill430

for sqeeksdad and all other users w/ problems

this is what I got from cavtel 2 weeks after I put in my request for service because of the speed flip flopping .

" We cannot always guarantee a singular speed as the
DSL varies and fluctuates."

my reply

fluctuates yes , but this is a lot . I have had dsl with 3 diffrent service providers and no one has had it fluctuate as much as yours .

atm0-0-1-101-oc3.core-01.wash.dc.cavtel.net is the problem whenever it happens. just look at these results

»/badro ··· vtel.net

I am not the only one with these problems either. My friend has recently switched to cavalier and experienced the same problem.

after two weeks you'd think I could get a better answer than

" We cannot always guarantee a singular speed as the
> DSL varies and
> fluctuates."
tgill430

tgill430

BTW MY "SPEED" IS CURRENTLY 154KBPS

SqueeksDad
I Miss Her
Premium Member
join:2002-09-14
Hyattsville, MD

SqueeksDad to tgill430

Premium Member

to tgill430
I now notice that the west coast line quality tests do NOT go thru wash.dc.cavtel.net? Maybe they are rerouting as a way of "fixing" the problems?

lossy routers will NOT cause you to have slow speeds however, that is a totally different problem all together.
tgill430
Baltimore, MD

tgill430

well the speed is fluctuating constantly , I think that that's a recurring theme here. and yeah If you have a router that everything goes to and it has probably reached capacity (like this one has) I think It could cause a lot of flip flopping in speed.

hsindogg
Premium Member
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD

hsindogg

Premium Member

Hey, where in Bmore are you? I am in Canton, and I have ADSL...but that was a headache to get.

I used to get 3.6Mbps/700kbps, then it started going down hill and just recently, I was getting 300kbps/700kbps, then 1.1Mbps/300kbps...it's all over the place.

I think when my year is up, I'm going to switch to Verizon and their VoIP service, or Speakeasy...and just pay a little more for some reasonable customer service.

I'm so sick and tired of waiting on the line for 2 hours to reach a live person, only to hear that there's nothing wrong and speeds vary due to usage, blah blah blah blah.
tgill430
Baltimore, MD

tgill430

Im in mt. vernon and I got a little better response this time.

"I cannot tell from the picture sent what the hop before the atm hop shows.
Speeds will fluctuate of course, but we are almost finsihed upgrading to
more Bandwidth which will alleviate much of these issues. I know it should
be finished by the end of april. I'm seeing some latency there occasionally,
I'm sure that during peak hours it's worse for the users. TIER III is aware
of this issue and is working to resolve them problem if it's on our end.

Thank you,

Cavalier ISP Support Team"

OK thats more like a reasonable answer and hopefully we will all be having a better time soon

UnaFragger
Hi There
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05
Richmond, VA

UnaFragger

Premium Member

April's over -- did it speed up any for you?

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

For the Richmond area, the latency issues are fixed. They have ditched QWEST and now have an OC-12 to Sprint out of Richmond.

How is your link running now??