spc
uniqs

pak9rabid
@rr.com

pak9rabid to ubelducky

Anon

to ubelducky

Re: [Siemens] Seimens SpeedStream 4200 - How to access config

I work tech support for valor. To access the DSL modem config, open IE and go to »192.168.254.254. Username/pass should be admin/admin, unless it's been changed to something else. If that's the case, you *should* be able to reset the modem back to default settings by hitting the reset button on the back of it. That will reset the user/pass back to admin/admin.
chron3
join:2005-05-22
Haskell, OK

1 edit

chron3

Re: [Siemens] Seimens SpeedStream 4200 - How to ac

I just got off the phone with valor. Tier 1 and 2 did not know what the "real" username and password are to get into the appropriate configuration screens to configure it as a bridge router. They opened up an internal ticket to try to get the information from the senior technicians. The problem is driving be nuts, I haven't been able to access my email since I got DSL setup because I am also having MTU issue.
chron3

chron3

I think I have figured out (in my case with Valor) that the "super user" username is valor. If I log in as admin and try to create a profile named "valor", it states that one already exists by that name. Now if I (or Valor tech support) could figure out what the password is, I would be set. I also discovered that something is going on with 192.168.254.1 as well as 192.168.254.254 (the stated default addy). The .1 addy askes for a UN and PW also. Telneting into the .254 also requests and UN and PW but the admin/admin doesn't work.