uniqs
brunoco
join:2005-03-01
New York, NY

brunoco to Billy Brethren

to Billy Brethren

Re: D-Link Routers Won't Work with emule's Kad

Thought i added my experience to this :

I did have many reboot problems too with emule however when i made sure my PC was not in the DMZ, when i upgraded to the latest version of emule ( version 0.45B this seems to be VERY important as the authors mention they fixed some of the router, this is related to how many open conenctions and how emule is handling connections) i have no Further problems. My D-link 624 Never reboots any more !
(i do have gaming mode on also this seems to causde me the least emule probs).

after exchanging some emails with some experts its in fact not the router but mostly how emule and others handle connections. alot changed in version 0.45b and since i use this one i never rebooted anymore (am using bios 2.52).

IN a nutshell my setup:
-dlink 624 bios 2.52 version 54
-pc NOT in dmz but with virtual server ports open for emule and kad
- gaming mode on

Bruno

graycorgi
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23

graycorgi

Premium Member

Bruno, I'd have to disagree with you.

Unless KAD is actually logging into the router's interface and clicking reboot, it's the router's fault for failing under the traffic.

It's like if you bought a car that is advertised to work with all types of unleaded gas. So you go and put regular unleaded in it and it's fine. Then you put in premium, and the car explodes after 5 minutes. The gas was fine in other cars, so who's fault is it? Not the gas company's, since the gas worked fine for other cars. Not the person who owns the car, because it was advertised to work with that type of gas. It's the car manufacturer's fault, because the car failed under gas it was supposed to work with.