spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Lenagainster
join:2005-01-07
Silver Spring, MD

Lenagainster

Cavtel did it right

Read so much negative stuff about Cavtel that I think a report on good service is in order. Sunday evening, I lost my DSL connection. Called CS and waited less than a minute. When I explained how the lights were flickering on my modem, the rep said that my power supply for my modem had failed and she would send out a new one in the morning. She suggested I unplug the power module, let it cool for an hour, and try it again. (That didn't work, but I rigged up a variable power supply and got back on line in no time.) The new modem and power supply arrived via FedEx on Tuesday afternoon (Silver Spring, MD) and I swapped both modem and power supply and was up and running. Got a prepaid ticket to return the old parts to Cavtel via FedEx.

Can't complain about the instant analysis of the problem and the quick delivery of replacement parts.

Lena

anon knoppix
Premium Member
join:2004-07-19
Lanham, MD

anon knoppix

Premium Member

this seems so outta place I've got to ask about astroturfing.
Lenagainster
join:2005-01-07
Silver Spring, MD

Lenagainster

If you think it is that impossible that Cavtel ever did anything right, then you are insane to deal with them. Drop them for Verizon or anyone else. If you doubt my veracity, then do a search to see if I'm "astroturfing", and prove it. I don't like the insinuation that I fabricated the incident any more than you would like being referred to as the south end of a north facing horse.

Lena

UnaFragger
Hi There
Premium Member
join:2002-03-05
Richmond, VA

UnaFragger

Premium Member

Ouch.

I'll actually take this chance to say that I've been relatively pleased with my service recently. I have a lot of complaints on this forum from before, but I haven't had to call support at all recently.

I'm still running on the 960/960k mvl (at about 600/700 avg speeds), which blows. But from all I've heard, they have no ADSL support at my CO currently. I just sent them out another email to find out if that's been upgraded, and haven't heard back, but hopefully will soon.

As far as speeds, they've been pretty good -- my ping times to most of the gaming servers I play on have been very stable at around 50ms or so, and my download speeds have been pretty consistant -- I haven't noticed any outages at all.

It's been a nice change not having to actually consciously watch my internet connection.

Although, having just sent out this email, we'll see how smoothly THIS little request goes. hehe.