spc
uniqs

Linger
join:2001-09-20
Tulsa, OK

Linger to David

to David

Re: The update......

My dad bought his Vette from Weber. (This was a year ago.) They will bend over backwards to fix anything thats wrong. If i hadn't just bought a new car, I would have bought mine from them. All his electronic went out in the car a week after he bought it. (dash, windows, sunroof, they would work sometime) Well after about the 5th time it happened my dad took it up. They totally replaced the car 3 days later.(same color in and out, same option, like they ordered a new one.) In the mean time the provided the same car he had as a rental (free of charge).

My uncle is a ford salesman in texas and he told me(after i read this post) Escapes are cheap little commuter suv's. They aren't made for long trips. There was a guy down there he was telling me after 30,000 miles the wheels camber slowly increases. In turn screwing up tires wear totally. He said they couldn't pay people down there to take them.

Glad to see you bought a chevy. Did you get the Z71 package. That thing looks like a tank.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

yep... I think that thing qualified as a lemon... I still found it hilarious they could not get the key out of the ignition... i was like "Oh really... hmmmm... never stuck before.."
David

David to Linger

Premium Member

to Linger
said by Linger:

Glad to see you bought a chevy. Did you get the Z71 package. That thing looks like a tank.
No I don't think I got the Z71 pkg, got just about everything else under the hood. I just cracked 1000 miles on it and still runs extremely well. One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.

I may ask about it, but so far one thing he is kind of shocked at is I don't have a throttle cable all electronic now. So far it runs about like the ford 4 doors did, rides nice and seems to do about the same with the gas mileage as they did.

So far... not dissapointed at all.
Johnny Moon
join:2004-08-30
Northridge, CA

Johnny Moon to Linger

to Linger
said by Linger:

My uncle is a ford salesman in texas and he told me Escapes are cheap little commuter suv's. They aren't made for long trips.
Anybody who can't tell this by simply looking at an Escape should definitely take somebody knowledgable car shopping with them.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to David

MVM

to David
said by David:

One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.
And the dealer will tell you "ahh, it's normal..." or "huh ?? we don't hear nuthin' wrong" and away we go again.

David
Premium Member
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

said by Hall:
said by David:

One concern my neighbor found was the engine sounds about like a diesel engine. He did not think that is right, and it should be checked.
And the dealer will tell you "ahh, it's normal..." or "huh ?? we don't hear nuthin' wrong" and away we go again.
Well look at the bright side, least this one when I put it in park I can get my key out of the ignition when I shut it off.

I think it sounds normal, if it was that bad with 1110 miles I am sure it probably would have blown up by now, or started having larger problems. Hell if it was that bad I should have thrown a rod or something. Plus it is not even a loud noise.

DSL987
join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX

DSL987 to David

to David
said by David:

So far... not dissapointed at all.
I hope you can afford the gas for that thing.

David
Premium Member
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

Actually, I discovered flex fuel, while gas around here is still well over $2 a gallon, I used e85 over the weekend and only paid $1.65 a gallon..

I figure in about 220 miles I put on this truck this weekend I saved about $17 on gas alone!

So far... this truck is saving me all kinds of money and I will probably have that $235 made up well beforehand at this rate.

ceboos
join:2002-04-16
Evanston, IL

ceboos

David,

I have a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis, which is my second Grand Marquis. I am very happy with it. I just had its first major cost since I bought it--it was maintained by an independent service station rather than the dealer. I bought two new front tires.

In 1968, I had a brand new Mustang Convertible. $2,400 complete, new. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change the price was $50, in 1968! I stopped payment on the the check, which is what I thought my lawyer was telling me to do. They reposessed the car from in front of my house. I sent an employee to recover the car with $50 in cash.

Since then, I have had a rule. Don't let an auto dealer near your car after you get it originally. I have been happy, and the auto dealer went out of business after I did a lot of publicity for him. (Not a wise idea in 2005--he would likely sue me.)

Complain to Ford and find a good mechanic. The late Mike Royko who was a wonderful columnist here in Chicago said that auto dealers view customers the same as butchers view cows, and the result is the same.

Charles