DSL987
join:2000-03-22
Helotes, TX

DSL987 to David

to David

Re: The update......

said by David:

So far... not dissapointed at all.
I hope you can afford the gas for that thing.

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David

Premium Member

Actually, I discovered flex fuel, while gas around here is still well over $2 a gallon, I used e85 over the weekend and only paid $1.65 a gallon..

I figure in about 220 miles I put on this truck this weekend I saved about $17 on gas alone!

So far... this truck is saving me all kinds of money and I will probably have that $235 made up well beforehand at this rate.

ceboos
join:2002-04-16
Evanston, IL

ceboos

David,

I have a 1998 Mercury Grand Marquis, which is my second Grand Marquis. I am very happy with it. I just had its first major cost since I bought it--it was maintained by an independent service station rather than the dealer. I bought two new front tires.

In 1968, I had a brand new Mustang Convertible. $2,400 complete, new. When I took it to the dealer for an oil change the price was $50, in 1968! I stopped payment on the the check, which is what I thought my lawyer was telling me to do. They reposessed the car from in front of my house. I sent an employee to recover the car with $50 in cash.

Since then, I have had a rule. Don't let an auto dealer near your car after you get it originally. I have been happy, and the auto dealer went out of business after I did a lot of publicity for him. (Not a wise idea in 2005--he would likely sue me.)

Complain to Ford and find a good mechanic. The late Mike Royko who was a wonderful columnist here in Chicago said that auto dealers view customers the same as butchers view cows, and the result is the same.

Charles