spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jokerdud
join:2005-01-18
canada

jokerdud

scientific atlanta explorer 8000 hard drive

First question...Can you change the hard drive inside explorer 8000? I know in xpress vu you can, so i guess you can too in illico...

Second: Is there anyway to use the usb or firewire ports to transfer data in both direction to a pc???

Thnaks...

Corvus
Flaming Tards Since 2003
Premium Member
join:2003-11-26

Corvus

Premium Member

First: I've heard stories about that...

Second: It's disabled by the firmware.
jackers_101
join:2004-01-26
Montreal, QC

jackers_101 to jokerdud

to jokerdud
For the hard drive, Videotron engineers are testing 3 models that could be sold to clients that need one. If I remember its from Maxtor, Seagate and WD. Witch one will it be I don't know and even less when.
Ti_Pluche
join:2005-01-23
j0l 1e0

Ti_Pluche to jokerdud

to jokerdud
I did it and it was working excep i couldnt record anything becaus i didnt have enough space to work with. I used a 10G HD that was laying around just to try it. The drive has to be new or low level formated.
jackers_101
join:2004-01-26
Montreal, QC

jackers_101

said by Ti_Pluche:

I used a 10G HD that was laying around just to try it. The drive has to be new or low level formated.
And be shure that your PVR is out of warranty if you do this.
jokerdud
join:2005-01-18
canada

jokerdud to Ti_Pluche

to Ti_Pluche
why you used a 10 gig hard drive....
Ti_Pluche
join:2005-01-23
j0l 1e0

Ti_Pluche to jokerdud

to jokerdud
Only cause i had it on hand and wanted to see if the machine would even work with it into it. My warranty was almost done so i didnt care. I had to snap out the pin in the middle of each screw to be able to use a torx screwdriver. First time i booted with it i forgot to put the jumper on master and the machine booted but i couldnt reven see the list. Later that day i realized that and reopened the box and tried it again and it worked.