dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
CopperMux
join:2005-01-18

CopperMux to AJ023

to AJ023

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

AJ, it appears you are incorrect. I live and work there for well over 30 years now and the areas I listed as being mostly MDU's are indeed that. VZ will not start to fiber up an area that is mostly apartment buildings. If they are going to stick with a single family type layout, Woodlawn, Wakefield, Throggs Neck, Country Club, Riverdale and Morris Park are really the only areas to go after. The majority of the west Bronx is apartment house from Riverdale south to 132nd St. Same for the mid and eastern sections outside of those listed above.

Now, none of that will matter if they resolve the MDU issue but until they do, anywhere outside of the areas listed above are no go.
AJ023
join:2001-12-25
Forest Hills, NY

AJ023

Please go here:

»www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/htm ··· art.html

and click on the districts in the Bronx. It tells you specifically the figures of MDUs and Homes percentage wise in that community district.

For example District 10 (where I saw permits for new polls filled by the DOT on the permit website and please go here:

»www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf ··· file.pdf

As you can see district 10 is 30% homes, only 12% MDUs. So District 10 is prime area for FIOS deployment by homes. District 10 encompasses Pelham Bay, Throgs Neck, City Island and others.

The chart shows the whitish areas as 1+2 family homes so you can see specifically where the homes reside.

If you read what I said, I specifically said that areas that have more homes than MDUs will go first. I did NOT say which of those towns these were. However going by Community Districts those are as follows:

Community District #8 (Riverdale, Kingsbridge)
Community District #9 in the Southeast part, I assume thats Parkchester?
Community District #10 (Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, etc...)
Community District #11 Pelham Bay Gardens, Morris Park
Community District #12 Baychester, Eastchester, etc...

And there are pockets of homes in some other community districts that could be pulled in as well untill they do MDUs.

Just look at the website I gave you as it lists SPECIFICALLY where those homes lie, the percentages and everything inbetween. And I have no doubt Verizon is using this type of information as to determine where to deploy.

I listed those towns because those towns are going to be the EARLIEST to get FIOS out of all those other towns. I did not parse out untill now which towns had significant home percentages.

Verizon still has to do MDUs and if your in any of the afformentioned towns you have a better shot at getting it when MDUs come online.