how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

AJ023

join:2001-12-25
Forest Hills, NY
reply to CopperMux

[Business] Re: FIOS scheduled for Bronx NY yet?

Please go here:

»www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/html/lucds/cdstart.html

and click on the districts in the Bronx. It tells you specifically the figures of MDUs and Homes percentage wise in that community district.

For example District 10 (where I saw permits for new polls filled by the DOT on the permit website and please go here:

»www.nyc.gov/html/dcp/pdf/lucds/b···file.pdf

As you can see district 10 is 30% homes, only 12% MDUs. So District 10 is prime area for FIOS deployment by homes. District 10 encompasses Pelham Bay, Throgs Neck, City Island and others.

The chart shows the whitish areas as 1+2 family homes so you can see specifically where the homes reside.

If you read what I said, I specifically said that areas that have more homes than MDUs will go first. I did NOT say which of those towns these were. However going by Community Districts those are as follows:

Community District #8 (Riverdale, Kingsbridge)
Community District #9 in the Southeast part, I assume thats Parkchester?
Community District #10 (Throgs Neck, Pelham Bay, etc...)
Community District #11 Pelham Bay Gardens, Morris Park
Community District #12 Baychester, Eastchester, etc...

And there are pockets of homes in some other community districts that could be pulled in as well untill they do MDUs.

Just look at the website I gave you as it lists SPECIFICALLY where those homes lie, the percentages and everything inbetween. And I have no doubt Verizon is using this type of information as to determine where to deploy.

I listed those towns because those towns are going to be the EARLIEST to get FIOS out of all those other towns. I did not parse out untill now which towns had significant home percentages.

Verizon still has to do MDUs and if your in any of the afformentioned towns you have a better shot at getting it when MDUs come online.