Premium Member
join:1999-12-20
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

mreg to georgepan

Premium Member

to georgepan

Re: SUNROCKET can't be profitable at $16.58 per mo

Remember, however, that it's not quite $16.58 a month that's dribbling in. It's $199 up front. That's per customer who's paid annually. That's a lot of money. Used wisely, and assuming they're operating in good faith, there's lots of ways to make money with all that money. I wouldn't cry for them just yet...

RockyBB
Premium Member
join:2005-01-31
Steamboat Springs, CO

RockyBB

Premium Member

The $199 is a no-interest loan... all the SR cheerleaders are arranging for working capital cheaper than any bank. It covers the wholesale cost of all the "freebies" and to establish the service. Assuming that they continue to grow the business, and folks continue to make the loans, then everything is covered. It's kind of like a Ponzi scheme, where the new money pays for the old business... (I'm not making any allegation of anything wrong or illegal or unethical... everything is disclosed.) Once the growth stops, and the cash stops rolling in, then SR collapses...
tj008
join:2004-06-24
Cincinnati, OH

1 edit

tj008

They are no more a scheme than Packet8 is. P8 takes investors money by selling stock. And weve all seen how valuable the stock is lately. (At least with SR, you get phone service with your money. )

SR management/directors have grown a different business model for their voip co. They tell you everything up front, no "gotchas", plus when you recieve the package there is more documentation inside than any other voip provider Ive used - including a Subscriber Agreement. If nothing else, they present an image both on website and packaging that they are in business and doing well.

The $199 yearly plan, if managed correctly, could earn them much more during the years time.

As with any provider, only time will tell. So far it looks like they are doing fine. They are hitting on all cylinders - ordering, fullfillment, packaging, customer service, website, tech support, marketing, etc. My hat off to 'em!

hoffa3
join:2000-04-18
Las Vegas, NV

hoffa3 to RockyBB

to RockyBB
Exactly.