Search similar:

uniqs

kapil
The Kapil
join:2000-04-26
Chicago, IL

kapil

[Other] vm_email.inc

Can someone please email/PM me their Asterisk@Home vm_email.inc file? I seem to have overwritten mine.
MillsapsPE
Premium Member
join:2003-01-31
New Braunfels, TX

MillsapsPE

Premium Member

which version of AAH are you using? I'm using 0.6, but in process of setting up 1.0.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

1.0...but I think the file is the same for all versions.
MillsapsPE
Premium Member
New Braunfels, TX

MillsapsPE

Premium Member

Note: I modified the 0.6 to my correct IP address. When I did, it messed up the formatting of the message, but it still worked.

FROM VERSION 0.6:
; Change the email body, variables: VM_NAME, VM_DUR, VM_MSGNUM, VM_MAILBOX, VM_CALLERID, VM_DATE

emailbody=${VM_NAME},nnThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:nntFrom:t${VM_CALLERID}ntLength:t${VM_DUR} secondsntDate:t${VM_DATE}nnDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.nVisit »192.168.1.25/cgi-bin/vma ··· MAILBOX} to check your voicemail with a web browser.n

FROM VERSION 1.0:
; Change the email body, variables: VM_NAME, VM_DUR, VM_MSGNUM, VM_MAILBOX, VM_CALLERID, VM_DATE

emailbody=${VM_NAME},\n\nThere is a new voicemail in mailbox ${VM_MAILBOX}:\n\n\tFrom:\t${VM_CALLERID}\n\tLength:\t${VM_DUR} seconds\n\tDate:\t${VM_DATE}\n\nDial *98 to access your voicemail by phone.\nVisit »192.168.1.101/cgi-bin/vm ··· MAILBOX} to check your voicemail with a web browser.\n

After comparing the two, I see that the backslashes are missing from the 0.6 version. When I try to go back into AMP and re-enter them, it doesn't appear to save the changes.
MillsapsPE

MillsapsPE

Premium Member

I see the message board software screwed up the http link info. I don't know how to override this "automatic" feature, so I'll try to retype it out.

0.6 & 1.0:
Visit //192.168.1.25/cgi-bin/vmail.cgi?action=login&mailbox=${VM_MAILBOX} to check your voicemail with a web browser
You would insert http: before the double forward slashes.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

Thanks
kapil

kapil to MillsapsPE

to MillsapsPE
Weird. For some reason the formatting is all messed up. There are no spaces and tabs in the email messages that are getting sent...it's all one big long sentence.
MillsapsPE
Premium Member
New Braunfels, TX

1 edit

MillsapsPE

Premium Member

The same thing happened to me when I edited my 0.6 version.

I saw your message on the sourceforge AAH forum. According to one of the posters, you can not edit the file from within AMP. For some reason AMP strips the \ marks. I guess I will have to learn how to use VI to edit the .conf files.

kapil
The Kapil
Chicago, IL

kapil

I tried to get VI to work...but after about an hour I gave up...a text editor shouldn't be that hard to use. I did some more looking and found out that A@H also includes the nano text editor. Nano is exactly like Pico...another *nix text editor that I have used in the past. To use it type nano followed by the file name to be edited at the command prompt.
MillsapsPE
Premium Member
New Braunfels, TX

MillsapsPE

Premium Member

You are right, nano is much easier than vi. I was able to go in and add the missing \'s back in. Now the email message is formatted correctly!