spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Van2001ko
join:2004-04-05
Philadelphia, PA

1 edit

Van2001ko

So what you guys general think about Cavtel?

After reviewing most of the posts in this thread I have came to the conclusion that Cavtel is an 'ok' service for a company that offers the cheapest internet access with there speeds.

After canceling Verizon DSL I Am really considering of Cavtel as the Telco and ISP.

Now i am appx 8660-9000 feet from the nearest CO. IF I do procede with their DSL what speeds would I most likely get?

It says 10 mpbs service however I am not born yesterday I know that when these CO's get overloaded it jammed the service down to 1mpbs maybe even less. For me being appx the distant as I descirbe below I would prolly loose like 50% of those speeds. And the Telco lines around here are pretty old. I also notice that the people with the speed issues are around DC/MD.

However what's the story in Philadelphia?
phillychuck
join:2004-11-02
Philadelphia, PA

phillychuck

Speeds have been great here in Kensington, I'm close to 10k feet I believe and usually get in the 6-7mbit range down and 1mbit up (translates into 600k down, 100k up). They didn't offer the 10mbit when I ordered, and was pretty much getting the "max" sync for the older ADSL and am happy.

Today however, like many of the other people on this forum, I've had a wierd speed problem but being a customer for over 6 months, I've not had this particular problem yet. Tech support had me on hold for 40+min, I hung up. I tried the online support and I had a tech working with me but during the troubleshooting proccess he had me power down my DSL modem, and when it came back the chat was broken, I believe they improved the issue but I'm getting less then 2mbit right now and slightly unstable syncs (more of the issue, speed reduction I can tolerate, but high latency and resyncs make it useless to me).

Good Luck,
Chuck

John21804
@cavtel.net

John21804 to Van2001ko

Anon

to Van2001ko
Its nice when it works, but they screwed me over so bad on my net. Upload breaks my internet connect, download i only 2Mbps, and customer support is non-existant.

john21804
@cavtel.net

john21804 to Van2001ko

Anon

to Van2001ko
wow.. what a broken jumble of english. Anyhow, My connection only goes to about Two megabits per second. As for uploads, it constantly breaks me connection if I go any higher then 10KB/s . I'm afraid to ask for a new modem, cause they might screw me over with that too by making me pay the Ninety dollars for a new one. Poor customer support to boot.