LOL "The toll free number you have dialed has been diconnected"

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

Or better yet, the speeds are 384/128. LOL.

prestonlewis
Premium Member
join:2003-04-13
Sacramento, CA

prestonlewis to jdir

Premium Member

to jdir
I called the number and it goes to Comcast in the SF/Bay Area region so the 888 number may not work nationwide for everyone. It could be a regional 888 number. Anyway, here are the details:

1. It is a Comcast number answered by Comcast employees during regular working hours.

2. The 3 month sale for $14.99 is good only for the SF/Bay Area Comcast service area. The rep who answered the phone says other regions should be able to see their sale and "may" match the price for 3 months but it's up to each Comcast region to make that decision. At the moment, the price is only guaranteed for Bay Area Comcast customers.

3. After 3 months, the price goes up to the normal $42 (if you have cable TV with them) + whatever cable modem lease might be involved.

4. The speeds are the normal Comcast lower tier speeds which he didn't say but I assume would be 4200/384 (isn't that today's speeds? Correct me if I'm wrong).

5. $10 add on for speed is available for the higher tier.

The number rings directly in the Bay Area Comcast sales office instead of being routed to your local Comcast office as is normal. Usually, for example, if I call Comcast I end up talking to Sacramento sales but this 888 number is special and after you press "1" for English, a Bay Area rep answers. There is no "processing" or asking for you to enter your phone number to see which Comcast office to direct your call to.

Hope this helps. The rep was a bit surprised at my questions but cooperative. I asked him if he was a Comcast employee or a contract agent and he stated contract agents were generally only used for field work like installs, not for sales. That's good to know.
EvoL4
join:2003-04-11
Concord, CA

1 recommendation

EvoL4 to HotRodFoto

to HotRodFoto
said by HotRodFoto:

LOL "The toll free number you have dialed has been diconnected"
Try it again. I just called that number and got $14.95/mo. for 6 months!!!!

I got off the phone with the rep 5 minutes ago. When he answered he said the usual "Thank you for calling Comcast..." The first thing I said was "Hello, I just got a postcard that said $14.95/mo. for 6 months on your High Speed Internet. I'd like to get that."

I could hear typing in the backround and then... "Damn, that's a good deal." were the first words out of his mouth.

He then asked me if I needed the install kit or if I wanted the pro tech install. I explained that I am a current subscribing customer and I would just like to change to that price-point. I also threw in that the postcard stated "new and existing customers qualify" right on the card.

Typing again... "Okay, you're all set. Is there anything else I can do for you today?"

Nope, that'll be all.
Expand your moderator at work

imrf
Premium Member
join:2002-06-06
Utica, MI

imrf to prestonlewis

Premium Member

to prestonlewis

Re: Comcast price war? - $14.95/month

said by prestonlewis:

I asked him if he was a Comcast employee or a contract agent and he stated contract agents were generally only used for field work like installs, not for sales. That's good to know.
That may hold true in your area, but Comcast does use contractors for sales too. In my area they have much better deals than what Comcast sends in the mail. They go door to door around here.
EvoL4
join:2003-04-11
Concord, CA

1 edit

EvoL4 to Anon

to Anon
Anyways, it seems this is a promotion for the San Francisco Bay Area, so if you live within Comcast's boundaries like I do (Walnut Creek, CA), then give it a shot.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

NormanS to Anon

MVM

to Anon
said by SkylineGTR34:

The way you typed that, I call bullshit, you are such a bad liar, hahahhaha .... very sad.
The consensus seems to be that it is limited to the San Francisco Bay Area in California. Some say that the Comcast regional offices are making the decision to offer the deal. I wonder if it is Comcast's response to SBC's $14.95-per-month-for-a-year deal.

You shouldn't call bs before calling the number. A nice Comcast rep confirmed the deal, and that the price would go to $52.95 per month, after three months, because we don't have Comcast cable TV. She even asked why not, and I told her that my parents had a lot of trouble with the analog cable TV service way back when TCI was the cable franchise in San Jose. So she offered the $400 satellite buyback plan if we would switch to Comcast digital cable TV. I declined because I can't authorize such changes.
chister
join:2004-01-13

chister

did a deal code come with that? cuz i wanna mention it to the comcast rep, but i live in s. cali.

deadmeat
Premium Member
join:2003-03-21
Sonoma, CA

deadmeat to jdir

Premium Member

to jdir
I bet they're only offering it in SBC areas since DSL is only 14.95 here.
jdir
join:2001-05-04
Santa Clara, CA

1 recommendation

jdir to HotRodFoto

to HotRodFoto
Here's the postcard from Comcast.