share rss forum feed

webnetwiz
GNS3 and Olive baby
Premium
join:2004-09-22
Valley Village, CA
reply to josh delcore

Re: Cisco Lab

My lab consists of 3x 2621s, 1x 3620, 2x 3640, 1x 3725, 1x 1601 (not sure why I have it, sentimental purposes probably), 1x 2610 (term server) and I have a 2950 switch (I've got to get the 3550s, and I agree with csalazarv, they're too damn expensive to get for a home lab, maybe rolande has some for sale ? In any case, I used that to get my CCNP, and just need to add an ISDN simulator and the 3550s. With all this set up I'll still probably rent rack time, so that I can practice ATM and whatever else I don't have at home. Don't feel like buying a bulky LightStream 1010. I'll post some pics of my lab later on in the home/office forum.

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:6
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
said by webnetwiz:

I've got to get the 3550s, and I agree with csalazarv, they're too damn expensive to get for a home lab, maybe rolande has some for sale ?
Nope. Not for sale. I spent a good 6 months collecting my lab equipment. I ended up not buying the ATM gear. I just rented rack time to study the relatively small amount of material on it. It wasn't worth shelling out a bunch of money for it.

Luckily for me, I was able to acquire hardware from work and did not have to buy a large majority of my equipment. I ended up spending about $4000 of my own money on various components and cables etc. I still probably saved close to $20,000 on the rest of my rack.

Now if I can only acquire a few PIXs and a VPN concentrator and an IDS probe I'll be close to a full Security lab.
--
Ignorance is temporary...stupidity lasts forever!