spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TonyB9
join:2005-05-20
Novato, CA

TonyB9

DCT-6412 Firmware 9.19 Downloaded

FW 9.19 downloaded in Novato California yesterday. My previous version was 9.15, and so far the only difference I have seen is now I can turn my STB off and then on again and actually have a picture. Before I would get a black screen and I would have to play one of my recordings to get the picture back.

Has anyone else gotten version 9.19 yet? And have you noticed any enchancements or bug fixes?
da_burl
join:2001-07-20
The Colony, TX

da_burl

Got it here outside of Dallas, TX too.
Haven't noticed anything improved yet, but don't have as many problems anyway. Firewire still works

bruin23
Premium Member
join:2004-06-17
San Francisco, CA

bruin23 to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
Got it here in San Francisco too. No bug fixes since I didn't have them before, but looks like the one I did, where it stores the remote commands for a minute or two and then executes them, is still there.
mayest
Premium Member
join:2005-02-26
Denver, CO

mayest to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
We've had it here in Denver for at least a week. I haven't noticed any changes at all.

Daniel8802
join:2004-07-09
Sewell, NJ

Daniel8802 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Anyone see it in South Jersey region?
Ron302
join:2001-08-23
Goodlettsville, TN

Ron302 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Not sure what day the firmware was updated, but I went from 9.12 to 9.19 just in the past few days.

Nashville area.

Loker
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Fargo, ND

Loker to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
I just got it this morning in south west michigan

pplchamp1
Great One
Premium Member
join:2002-01-25
East Hartford, CT

pplchamp1 to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
Still on 9.15 in East Hartford, Ct.

Daniel8802
Sewell, NJ

Daniel8802 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
same here got nothing.

FFH5
Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

FFH5 to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
Went to 09.19 this morning in Southern NJ, Swedesboro area.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

9.19 was received overnight in the Wilmington, DE area as well.
AndrewNewton
join:2003-09-12
Chestnut Hill, MA

AndrewNewton to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Still on 9.17 in MetroBoston.

Daniel8802
Sewell, NJ

Daniel8802 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Got 9.19 in sewell, nj!
Zoder
join:2002-04-16
Miami, FL

Zoder

Got it down here last night.

kdog41
join:2002-02-20
Trenton, MI

kdog41

I have 9.19 also but I don't know what day it updated. I actually have been experiencing MORE problems since the upgrade. I have the DCT6412 connected via DVI>HDMI to my Toshiba set and periodically if I am using the ANT tuner and switch back to the DVI input I would get the black screen with no video and would need to switch back and forth or shut off the TV and then back on again to get the picture back. It seems to happen a lot more frequently now and rarely can I get the picture back without repeated attempts. I always leave the 6412 on and I'm sure it has to do with HDCP and it's handshake but I wish the problem could get corrected.

JayMan 007
join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA

JayMan 007 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Still at 9.12 in Richmond, VA

mmcgovern
join:2002-01-26
Saint Johns, FL

mmcgovern

9.19 today in Boston area.
afail
Pittsburgh, Pa
join:2004-02-07
Pittsburgh, PA

afail to TonyB9

to TonyB9
does it seem like guide browsing is slower now?

Daniel8802
Sewell, NJ

Daniel8802 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Not for me. My DVR is being much more responsive now. As soon as I hit pause, it pauses. I no longer see that the audio shuts off first slows down, and then pauses - it just pause.

pplchamp1
Great One
Premium Member
join:2002-01-25
East Hartford, CT

pplchamp1 to TonyB9

Premium Member

to TonyB9
Got 9.19 either today or yesterday!
rvivian
join:2001-11-15
Monroe, WA

rvivian to TonyB9

to TonyB9
I have had this firmware for a couple of weeks and have had nothing but problems. I have had the box swapped out 3 times as well. I live in the Seattle area and the Comcast rep said they are getting swamped with calls from this area. The problems with the new firmware are:

1. Doesn't record all scheduled shows. Last night I had CSI scheduled and when I looked at the box the red light was not on. When I turned the TV on the DVR said it was recording so I figured is was and maybe the red light was not working. Got up this morning and no CSI. But it did record 2 shows after. ??

2. When you fast forward through the commercials and stop it rewinds back 5-10 minutes. So you have to fast forward through the commercials and then about 5 minutes of your show to get the recording where it should be. Sometimes it even rewinds back to the beginning.

3. Pixilation!! Sometimes I can't even watch the recordings they pause and skip so bad. Also happens with live TV.

I had the Comcast rep note on the ticket to the help desk that this was caused by the new 9.19 firmware so hopefully they will get Microsoft fix the problems.

mabus
i make the fort glow
join:2002-11-12
Fort Wayne, IN

mabus

said by rvivian:

I had the Comcast rep note on the ticket to the help desk that this was caused by the new 9.19 firmware so hopefully they will get Microsoft fix the problems.
i didn't know that the OS was microsoft. nowhere does the iGuide on any of my motorola receivers say microsoft.

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

It's only Microsoft in the Washington state area.

owlyn
MVM
join:2004-06-05
Newtown, PA
Netgear CM2050V
Netgear RBRE960
Netgear RBSE960

owlyn to TonyB9

MVM

to TonyB9
said by TonyB9:

FW 9.19 downloaded in Novato California yesterday. My previous version was 9.15, and so far the only difference I have seen is now I can turn my STB off and then on again and actually have a picture. Before I would get a black screen and I would have to play one of my recordings to get the picture back.

9.19 still does that.
owlyn

owlyn to TonyB9

MVM

to TonyB9
said by TonyB9:

Has anyone else gotten version 9.19 yet? And have you noticed any enchancements or bug fixes?
9.19 still does that.

DCTGoddess
join:2005-10-07
Eastern MA

DCTGoddess

I haven't noticed anything except that my recorded programs are now in alphabetical order. Not quite sure what to make of that. I've been very lucky, though. I've had only 2 phantom recordings (which were easily eliminated) since I got the DCT in June or July. Plus, I haven't had any issue of no video when I power the box on. Of course, I only shut off the DCT if I want to check the diagnostics screen, or change settings. That's rare, though. I keep it on & hooked up to a surge suppressor/UPS.

gephc
Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Minooka, IL

gephc

Premium Member

said by DCTGoddess:

I haven't noticed anything except that my recorded programs are now in alphabetical order.
Use the Left and Right arrows to switch the sorting between Title, Date, and Channel views.

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state

1 edit

Qumahlin to DCTGoddess

MVM

to DCTGoddess
nm
jgra
join:2005-04-23
Ridgewood, NY

jgra to TonyB9

to TonyB9
Had the firmware for a while now and have not noticed really any improvements. I still get a black screen when I turn on and off my set top box. I miss the good ol days of dish network at least fixed something with there updates now cable tries to imitate but does not fix anything. For example they still do not have a search feature, or at least a search feature by actor and/or section kids, horror, that you dont have to switch the time or day to get the results. Comcast is ridiculous I cant wait when my $70 dish buy back promotion ends in a couple of months. I have all the channels (except spanish language), hd etc, and on demand for only $70 but I am going to switch on a heartbeat once the promotion ends, because the price will peak to over $110. I actually did notice that I think all the channels are now digital we will see.
george37610
join:2002-02-09
Spokane, WA

george37610 to TonyB9

to TonyB9
I noticed an change in the fast forward and rewind function. Now if you are FFing at say x3 it backs it self up to the point that you actually hit the play button. Before it would overrun the point quite a bit. It functions like Tivo in this regard. Real nice. No more RRing after you blow by your play point.