uniqs
share rss forum feed

morph3ous
Premium
join:2002-05-16
Miami, FL
reply to morph3ous

Re: Official Position: Installing Memory in Mini

It would be good to make this known. The previous thread was based upon information that the service channel had given me (stores, the 800 number). They were adamant that the warranty was automatically voided upon opening the machine.

According to Mr. Frakes, Apple will speak with those in the service channel about the policy.

The gentleman who I spoke with in Executive Relations was unable to tell me the official policy himself; however, that is likely because he is not in a position to interpret Apple's policy himself. Mr. Frakes likely has contacts higher up in the corporate chain.
--
My Blog

russotto

join:2000-10-05
West Orange, NJ
said by morph3ous:

According to Mr. Frakes, Apple will speak with those in the service channel about the policy.
Perhaps the speaking is best accomplished with a liberal use of THIS, as their service channel is pissing people off AND setting Apple up for a lawsuit.

jofallon
Premium
join:2002-01-05
Oak Park, IL
reply to morph3ous
Thanks for clearing this up. I don't really have a problem with a manufacturer clearly stating, when you buy something, that there are no user-serviceable parts; that all upgrades have to be done etc etc.

But make it clear when you buy it that's the policy.

Now if only I was certain my Sony CRT monitor would be bright enough with the mini....