All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tiamold8
join:2004-07-21
Tucson, AZ

tiamold8

[DISH] How do I turn TV 2 off on the Dual 322 reciever?

Without a remote that is. I want to turn it off, but my mom is asleep, so it would wake her up to get the remote. The power button on the reciever only turns off tv 1. Can I manually turn off TV 2?

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0

Premium Member

Re: [DISH] How do I turn TV 2 off on the Dual 322

Why would you want too???

With the 522 it makes sense so you can record two things at once in the same place or record watch another... but as a standard receiver only the 322 doesn't have that functionality... nor do I think it offers PIP as the dual tuner DVR's do.
tiamold8
Tucson, AZ

tiamold8

Re: [DISH] How do I turn TV 2 off on the Dual 322 reciever?

no, it needs to go off so it can download the latest software and program guides. >_> lol

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

1 edit

Hayward0

Premium Member

Re: [DISH] How do I turn TV 2 off on the Dual 322

Just shutting the power off by BOTH remotes should accomplish that. (Rebooting and not turning anything on probably would too)

Have yoou checked the Sys Info screen against the web site info to know the the software is out of date?
tiamold8
Tucson, AZ

tiamold8

Ok, obviously you failed to read.
Quote: Without a remote that is.

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

2 edits

Hayward0

Premium Member

Ahh did miss that. Then reboot is the only thing I can think of that might do it. (How do you control TV2 with no remote.... never mind now I see a temp overnight thing)
tiamold8
Tucson, AZ

tiamold8

well, it seems like I need the remote to do like everything on TV 2, lol.
I just need to turn it off. :-/

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Yeah you do..... can't be quiet as a mouse getting the remote??

If its that urgent.
tiamold8
Tucson, AZ

tiamold8

well the installer made it seem like it will blow up if i dont turn it off. I know it wont, but i want it to download the latest crap, lol.
what if i unplug it and plug it back in? >_>

Hayward0
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium Member
Key West, FL

Hayward0

Premium Member

Might do it, but normally they go back to a powered on state after rebboot... though maybe both wouldn't. Also not sure BOTH tuners need to be turned off, just so long as one of them can do the DL, and then install at next reboot or full power down.

The DVR's and plain receivers are a bit different on that count. I've only had the DVR's (First 501 and now 721 dual tuner single out)

cdru
Go Colts
MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN

cdru to tiamold8

MVM

to tiamold8
Don't worry about it. Releases don't happen every day and there is no problem waiting a day or two to pick it up out of the stream. It's not like that if you miss it when it first comes out that you'll never get it.