spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Px
join:2005-04-30

Px to WoodyLI

to WoodyLI

Re: Battlefield 2 connection problem and OOL

Try this before you continue complaining and flaming EA. »BF2 Patch Soloution!
killingtime1
join:2006-02-28
UK

1 edit

killingtime1 to WoodyLI

to WoodyLI

Battlefield 2 connection problem

I'm not on OOL but I constantly have a connection problem with BF2. I don't get disconnected from servers but I get an error message quite frequently saying something like: "You are having a connection problem". I've used my firewall settings to allow all the ports I possibly can, which is all the ones mentioned in WoodyLI starting post apart from the UDP 1500-4999 range. This is because I'm not sure how to allow ranges (and not single port numbers) in Microsoft Security Centre.

If anyone finds a way to fix this problem, please let me know. Anyones help would be most appreciated. Thanx.

I'm in the UK and am on BT Broadband
ATFPanther
join:2006-03-06
Jersey

ATFPanther

I had / have this problem. It is not a router problem. I had a message back from EA support that confirmed it.

With an AMD X2 chip you HAVE to use task manager to set affinity on the BF2 process to only 1 CPU. You can then set this to Realtime if required and let the pc function on the other core. Otherwise you will get "Connection Error" disconnection boxes.

EAs response, basically was Tough Luck, we did not test dual core chips, we will not be patching the game as we only do gameplay "enhancements" in our patches, not coding changes.

I have a separate AMD64 3500+ that runs through my router just fine, the only change I made to my main machine (giving me the error listed) was to "upgrade" to a 4800+ X2. The old 3500+ is now on a new motherboard.

Panther »www.atf-clan.co.uk

xbted
@sunflower.com

xbted to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI

There's been a few mentions about sound issues creating the "There's a problem with your connection" message. I don't know how many out there are running with onboard sound or using realtek audio, but I realized that my problems began after I updated my realtek drivers for onboard sound on a MSI motherboard. I couldn't seem to delete the new drivers, so I said to hell with it, installed my old Soundblaster Live soundcard from 5 years ago and disabled the onboard sound. I no longer have issues with the connection problem at all, haven't dropped a game and my lag is almost zero. Obviously there was some issue with my audio drivers and Battlefield, which may be the case for many people out there. My solution is a bit extreme, but if you're running realtek and having connection problems, I'd try out another sound card.

ooH2Ooo
@dynamic.dsl.as9105.c

ooH2Ooo

Anon

EA have been out of order since I remember them ("Shadow of the Beast" etc).
NO double core here !
NO router (just adsl usb modem)
NO firewall !
NO onboard sound and such !(EMU 1212m soundcard)
Brand new clean install of OS and BF2.
Since the v1.0 up to the latest 1.21, the problem persists !!!
RANDOMLY AND OUT OF THE BLUE !!!
I can go on and play for days with no problem whatsoever, and then ...
"THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH YOUR CONNECTION!"
THERE I S N ' T you !£$%£&^*&*!

The problem is with EA and needs confrontation !
Sooner than later.
They take the piss BIG time.
We pay the morons money so they can drive us straight to
a nervous breakdown.
Whoever is buying games from them for the last 15 years knows
excactly what I'm saying.

Rant over.
Thanx.
c k
clizzy84
join:2006-03-11
Gainesville, FL

clizzy84

Ok Im getting the error "The server has refused the connection"

EA says its a problem with GameSpy. I contacted gamespy technical help and they directed me to a thread that stated

"The GameSpy database is merely a storage facility contracted by your game maker. The tools in which any account management can be done, if any, is in the hands of ytour game maker. The ONLY resource the GameSpy login site provides to you is password retrieval" Then it goes on to say "GameSpy support staff have no acces to manage your in-game accounts" So why would EA send me to them to vent? After reading some more of GameSpy's technical pages I came across another thread it states "Without giving you the runaround, your game and its components including "Powered by GameSpy" are in fact supported by the game maker"

So with that said EA needs to get on the ball and fix this sh1t. It has been hapening on and off and now that I have installed 1.21 it happpens all the time, for the past 2 days I can't get my daily fix. Whats the use for the $50 game and the $250 video card if I cant even play?

Living Ghost
@optonline.net

Living Ghost to MoRoS

Anon

to MoRoS
Hey, I am trying to find that Microsoft X2 hotfix, is it just on windowsupdate?

Also, is that right clicking in task manager permanent? Do I have to do it every time I connect?

Thanks

hoochy
@cable.ubr02.wiga.blu

hoochy to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI
Been having 'server refused connection' for 2 days now, just to let you others know your not the only ones. Hopefully EA will sort it soon.

deano121
@dynamic.dsl.as9105.c

deano121 to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI

Re: Battlefield 2 connection problem

I am getting annoyed with losing connections it has stopped me from trying to get on any server possible. It also does this on my friends computer but not on this scale and i can play in the first one for 10-30 mins then it kicks me off for losing my connection. What does this mean and what can I do about it

Topher56
@dhcp.ahvl.nc.charter

Topher56

Anon

Happenes to me too. I got so sick of it I stopped playing. As far as I can tell, port forwarding has nothing to do with my problem. I have the modem connected directly to my computer. Firewall shut down. Still happens. I tried re-installing my OS and re-installed BF2 and it still happens.

I give up.

Jippee
@69.224.x.x

Jippee to boomchiquiboom

Anon

to boomchiquiboom

Good advice on disabling EAX. It worked for me with a slight loss in subjective quality. No more rotten disconnection notices though.

Kudos to those here who helped.

gschneider
Premium Member
join:2003-10-25
ON, Canada

gschneider to ATFPanther

Premium Member

to ATFPanther

said by ATFPanther:

I had / have this problem. It is not a router problem. I had a message back from EA support that confirmed it.

With an AMD X2 chip you HAVE to use task manager to set affinity on the BF2 process to only 1 CPU. You can then set this to Realtime if required and let the pc function on the other core. Otherwise you will get "Connection Error" disconnection boxes.

EAs response, basically was Tough Luck, we did not test dual core chips, we will not be patching the game as we only do gameplay "enhancements" in our patches, not coding changes.

I have a separate AMD64 3500+ that runs through my router just fine, the only change I made to my main machine (giving me the error listed) was to "upgrade" to a 4800+ X2. The old 3500+ is now on a new motherboard.

Panther »www.atf-clan.co.uk
Had the same problem with my Opteron 165. I found that installing AMD's X2 CPU driver (amdcpu.exe) fixed my issues. I would also have ping times in the negatives every couple of pings (when pinging from DOS), which occured after my PC was on for about a day. Rebooting would fix it, but only for about a day again. Haven't had any problems since I installed the patch, but believe me, I was going crazy until I figured it out.

ldeano
@dynamic.dsl.as9105.c

ldeano to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI

now i have disabled this sound effects thing it works for around 20-30 mins then eventually I lose connection. This then means that for the past week after the first game that day it doesn't work for longer than 2-5 minutes without major lag and losing connection. any help as this is really annoying

Glennwood
@cox.net

Glennwood to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI
When I was getting massive disconnects I had to go and manually update Punk Buster the fixed the disconnects from happening every 5-10 mins, not I get them every 30 mins depending on the server and am finding Packet Loss along the route to my one of my favorite severs. Nothing I can do about that I guess.

Jawbreaka
@70.xx.68.cfl.res.rr.

Jawbreaka

Anon

I'm having the problem where you join a game able to play for a few minutes then you get a connection problem error and it boots you to the server browser page with a box saying "Connection to the server has been lost". I've done everything on this forum, i read pages 1-10 and tried every single thing. I opened ports, Turned off firewall, reset modem and router, Reinstalled the game, reinstalled windows, Installed a different version of windows, I set the affinity to just one cpu, I've manually updated punk buster, I've turned eax off and lowered sound quality, I closed Windows services, I've tried different video drivers, I've tried not even installing a driver for my sound, I've tried different resolutions, different refresh rates, different video settings in BF2 itself, And basically every other thing in my head. My setup is Pentium 4 3.0ghz, ATI x850xt 256mb agp, Windows pro, windows home, windows media center (tried it on all those), 2gb of ram, asus p4p800 deluxe motherboard, Linksys router(not wireless), Cable modem 8mbits, I've tried it all so basically im down to blaming EA for the problem instead of myself... So good luck with figuring this one out, if you dont know how to reprogram the damn game or the network setup of the game you wont fix it.

wolfen-TEP
@aol.com

wolfen-TEP to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI
VERY IMPORTANT!!
had all same isues with lag...nolag...play, no play..
kicked,kicked,kicked..
went from,new modem,new cable line....
6600gt card to x1300 card...(via chipset board)
sos over and over!!!biosupdates,video driver updates blah blah...lol
anywho...found driver issue with my logitech laser mouse and win xp(dont have the link sorry)
and also persono program for my headset.usb style
removed persono and installed fix for mouse drivers and all is well
TOOK me at least 2 months to get this fixed..LOL
Merauder
join:2004-05-29
Stratford, CT

Merauder to WoodyLI

to WoodyLI
I just got back onto OOL and Boost. I play BF2 with a linksys router. i at least drop 4-5 hours a day. ive never had any disconnects at all. Rock solid connection to my server and oher pubs as well.

kronenborg
@range86-130.btcentra

kronenborg

Anon

i tried every fix under the sun (including every single relevant fix in this entire thread, and more!) to try and resolve my in-game freezing that ive had with BF2 since i installed it last june...nothing solved the problem.

i was, however, using a wireless router to play the game over the net on my desktop PC. having recently had a phone line installed in the room my desktop is in, ive moved the modem/router to that room, and now have a wired internet connection between the modem/router and the desktop.

this has resolved 100% of my freezing, and almost a year after purchasing the game, i can now play it in the way it was intended to be played.

a somewhat unsatisfactory resolution to the problem, but a resolution none the less! for those of you having in-game freezing and lag on wireless connections, perhaps one of your first steps should be to see if wiring the broadband makes a difference...if id tried this in the beginning, it would have saved me a whole load of unnecessary tweaking!

clizzy84you
@cox.net

clizzy84you to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI
Hey all I figured out what the "Server has refused the connection" was. If you are getting this message you need to play the game once with your firewall running so you can permit the game to have internet access. This happens to most people when they re-patch. Also if you are having a problem with ea downloader this might be your problem too. Hope this help's some people im sad to see that this fix is still not on the ea website.

The_OverPowered
@195.250.x.x

The_OverPowered

Anon

Hi!

I had familiar problems;
When I connected to specified servers(4 servers only with this sort of problem)first 4 minutes I played normally than become lagging(every 10 secs ping jumped over 700ms).

So what the hell is wrong?
I tried:
-uninstall/install bf2
-repatch
-searched for viruses,spayware,adaware
-bought new network card
-updated PB
-blah,blah, blah..

nothing worked.

NOTE:I had a lag only at 4 servers,other worked cool(strange,huh?)

After formating HDD and installing wins it didnt work..

Then I formated sistem again and installed wins AND BF2 on old disc(SEAGATE 20GB 7200RPM).I also used different windows(WIN XP "SP3").WOW it works!My new sata HDD(WD 200GB SATA) had many bad sectors!About 120,but I have fixed them.But why only few servers didnt work?If there was damaged data, whole game wouldnt work...very,very,very strange.

SHORTLY:
-I INSTALLED WINS AND GAME ON OTHER DISC
-I USED OTHER VERSION OF WINS(WIN XP PRO SP3)

Now smart heads try to find reason for strange errors!

Loy4lty
@ntl.com

Loy4lty to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI

Please help me out here.. im able to play the game for about 30mins then i get dissconnected from the game "Your Connection has been lost"

Ive tryed everything i could think of (reinstall bf2/OS)

Microsoft Windows XP Professional
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
DFI LanParty NF4 SLI-DR EXPERT Motherboard
2GB Corsair DDR XMS4000PT TwinX
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Elite Pro
BFG GeForce 7800 GTX OC 512MB GDDR3 VIVO

deacontrey
@rr.com

deacontrey to pvt_lucifer

Anon

to pvt_lucifer
thanks!! i have an AMD X2 and that did the trick.

MrColdBlood
@comcast.net

MrColdBlood to Loy4lty

Anon

to Loy4lty
#1 Start BT2
#2 Log in
#3 Task manager Ctrl+Alt+Del
#4 in Processed find "BF2 exe" or something like
#5 right click on "BT2 exe"
#6 "Set Affinity" uncheck one of the "Cpu 1" or "Cpu0"

After all this is working for me for 2 month already after all
attempt with update Pankbuster or setting sound,setting router
and etc.U got same Dual Core like me so this may be help!

Loy4lty
@ntl.com

Loy4lty to WoodyLI

Anon

to WoodyLI
Thanks, yeah i tryed doing that few days ago now. seems to be fine.. do you think there will be a patch to fix this error? i hope so
g33sp0t
join:2005-07-24

g33sp0t to WoodyLI

to WoodyLI
Yeah dude's I'm running a dc 4800 and i did the affinity and now i have no worries (crosses his fingers). I believe that ea games is crippled, like so many other software vendor's these days by being over sized, to many departments, ect, the games get screwed in the corporate process. bf2 is a great game and i must say that ea games was pretty swift to reply to an earlier issue i had with my cd key, though their "resolution" to my issue was ridiculously wrong, anyway, I set affinity, and i don't get the error.

cabanza
@comcast.net

cabanza to jaedm202

Anon

to jaedm202
jaedm202, your computer can use a 1500 MTU, since it is on the local network. lowering your router's MTU (on the WAN/internet side) will have a much more significant effect.

damnprobs
@jetbuster.co.nz

damnprobs

Anon

I am constantly getting connection probs due to adsl craping out . It does work occasionly but I often get con probs when i am doing really well. It is starting to get really frustrating. Anyone know what the prob may be?

randompurson
@jetbuster.co.nz

randompurson to jaedm202

Anon

to jaedm202
Wat is an MTU?

Thanx