All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

You old ladies/men...

I have noticed that the old people are the ones trying to strain us down and prevent technology from moving. Because you selfish brats are too greedy with your tax dollars. This is the 2000's, not 1900's, this was bound to happen sooner or later. have you ever read books and watched movies about the new millenium? Yes, indeed. Sooner or later, your meal will be a pill from McDonalds. Lets not forget more business for microsoft when your house runs on Windows, and you need a MS Windows Certificate of Authenticity sticker on the side of every house.

icp1
Premium
join:2000-10-13
Saint Louis, MO

Re: You old ladies/men...

said by stupidoldladies:

...ever read books and watched movies about the new millenium? Yes, indeed. Sooner or later, your meal will be a pill from McDonalds. ...
Actually all restaurants will be taco bell, what movies are you watching sheesh...

sameperson

@cox.net
Also, I think that tablet PCs are a better choice, but they are more expensive. But you can write on them, so you still have the "pencil and paper" experience that some people want, while still have the ability to go online, and email/IM your teachers.

rms01

join:2004-12-01
Salem, OH
What a stupid assumption you just made about older people preventing this from happening. I am very tired of hearing them be accused of things like this, I mean, did you ever think that many school superintendants are only barely over 30 years old? Along with government officials barely over 35/40?

I am REALLY tired of older people getting the blame by people like you.

15,000 Watts of Bass Power

join:2002-10-16
New Milford, CT

2 recommendations

said by stupidoldladies:

I have noticed that the old people are the ones trying to strain us down and prevent technology from moving. Because you selfish brats are too greedy with your tax dollars.
We PRODUCERS OF WEALTH a/k/a taxpayers, are NOT greedy. It is you, the do-nothing have-nots who sit on yer fat lazy asses all day and collect welfare checks that are greedy.
Taxation is stealing. Don't ask for more theft and extortion from us. We've had too much already!
--
Take care,

Mark & Mary Ann Weiss

Hear my Kurzweil Creations at: »www.dv-clips.com/theater.htm
www.mwcomms.com/auctions.htm
www.mwcomms.com
www.adventuresinanimemusic.com

Jeffrey
Connoisseur of leisurely things
Premium
join:2002-12-24
Long Island
kudos:3
I just not nauseous.
nerdboy789

join:2004-06-07
Rigby, ID
Well since you seem to be so down on the *older* taxpayers, how about some perspective from one thats a bit younger ?:)

I'm 18 and I work part time anywhere between 10-35 hours a week. I make eleven dollars an hour working as a computer tech. The last time I figured it out, my taxes were about 22 percent of my gross income.

Now I realize that this is not much compared to some, however not having that extra money between my gross pay and my net pay can severely impact my planning for savings and future expenses including college.

I'm not averse to paying *reasonable* taxes, but there is such a thing as taking it to far. I think this idea in general is a good one, but I take offense at your assuming that things would be better if we as taxpayers only opened our wallets a bit more. It hurts enough already, thanks much. No need to twist the knife .

As a side note, it's nice to see another homeschooling mom on the boards . My mom would have some stories to tell about trying to get me to do work too . It was a tough job but I'm glad she did it.

15,000 Watts of Bass Power

join:2002-10-16
New Milford, CT

Re: You old ladies/men...

Hee, hee.. just wait til you start paying FIFTY percent of your gross income to property taxes when you buy a house!:)