Premium Member
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

3 edits

1 recommendation

FFH5

Premium Member

Where Telcos won't upgrade; municipal BB ok

These towns are the prime examples of the abuse of power by the telcos who won't provide service claiming it is not profitable. But at the same time will spend more money fighting municipal broadband efforts than it would have cost them to wire up the town in the 1st place.

It all comes down to the telcos protecting their defacto monopoly power to the detriment of their own customers.

My Web Page
Join Red Room Forum
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

1 recommendation

Kearnstd

Premium Member

the towns should deploy no matter what the courts say. if the residents support a full Muni BB rollout then this country being one where the public is suppost to control the gov then well the public votes and that overrides the court imo.

Its Me Again
@170.190.x.x

Its Me Again

Anon

nicely said

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to FFH5

Premium Member

to FFH5
If only these towns were big enough to do a full muni rollout...we are not talking about Gotham here...
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn to FFH5

to FFH5
said by FFH5:

These towns are the prime examples of the abuse of power by the telcos who won't provide service claiming it is not profitable. But at the same time will spend more money fighting municipal broadband efforts than it would have cost them to wire up the town in the 1st place.

It all comes down to the telcos protecting their defacto monopoly power to the detriment of their own customers.

My Web Page
Join Red Room Forum
Bud. These towns are tiny. The problem is the area is not a money maker. I and a couple other design engineers tried to do studies about this exact area. Running even a wi fi company here is just to expensive. The area is almost all forest area. A few farms sprinkled in. Even a muni here would not pay off in 25 years.

xmb1121
@limstn01.de.comcast.

xmb1121 to BosstonesOwn

Anon

to BosstonesOwn
so what's your suggestion then? that they all move?
BosstonesOwn
join:2002-12-15
Wakefield, MA

BosstonesOwn

said by xmb1121:

so what's your suggestion then? that they all move?
Stay where they are and deal with the problems themselves by spending their money to do it.

Never assume anything.