join:2002-05-13
Saint Louis, MO

1 recommendation

marigolds to oliphant

MVM

to oliphant

Re: Anyone wanting this...

said by oliphant:

...should have thought about that when they moved there.
Except in many of these towns... people moved there well before broadband was even an option (like, oh, about the time they were born). And with the way home values have jumped, moving out requires turning into a renter.

oliphant
I Have 8 Boobies
Premium Member
join:2004-11-26
Corona, CA

oliphant

Premium Member

Rather than pick and choose out of context statements...
said by oliphant:
...these same residents/munis should have their right to deploy muni BB protected from these same incumbents who refuse to deploy and in turn sue to stop muni deployment.
The latter is what happened were I live. We didn't have broadband and 2 neighbors got together and started a WISP, Unplugged Internet. Another started another Coastinet. Both continue to thrive despite recent deployment by both ATTBi in 2002 and Verizon in 2003.

Those people in such starved areas should take the initiative and lobby for muni deployment or take the initiative and start their own neighborhood service. If the problem is as what you claim then you are not alone and would have no problem getting subscribers as those in my neighborhood didn't.
Kommie2 (banned)
join:2003-05-13
united state

Kommie2 (banned) to marigolds

to marigolds
said by marigolds:

said by oliphant:

...should have thought about that when they moved there.
Except in many of these towns... people moved there well before broadband was even an option (like, oh, about the time they were born). And with the way home values have jumped, moving out requires turning into a renter.
The times they are a changing....

They are gonna have to make major changes.