spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

reply to Phil

Re: Looked up on Google Maps...

I used to lived quite near there. Shutesberry is not very far from the University of Massachusetts, the largest university in that state. It also next to Northampton, arguing the cultural epicenter of Massachusetts (that great "Boston" art/indie rock scene? Yeah, most of its actually from Northampton-i.e. the Pixies, Sonic Youth, Dinosaur Jr., the Maggies, etc. etc. Heck, even Staind and Killswitch Engage are from the not-so-cultural mecca of Chicopee, just twenty minutes away). Compare that to the rural areas of Nebraska and Arizona wanting to municipalize. If Verizon won't go five minutes outside of an area with a population of 80,000 (Amherst, NoHo, South Hadley) with service, imagine the rural midwest and the Dakotas.

pvale
Lurk, Lurk, Lurk,They Call Me The Lurker

join:2000-03-29
Washington, MO
I live in Colman SD, population on the signs coming into town 500 or so. I have 2 cable internet choices, one DSL provider, and at least one wireless provider available. I am 3 miles from I29, and the fiber node is out there along the interstate. Remember that huge push to lay fiber along all of the interstate highways a few years ago? It's paying off big time for a lot of rural areas. The fiber that comes through town goes on to the west, to at least Madison, where there is a college.
I have 5000/328 rock solid cable service.
--
Using ET photons (Solar Power) to search for ET.