Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

1 edit

Jehu to McSummation

Premium Member

to McSummation

Re: Turn Off IM's

Ya, but that's a different request than this one. This is just to turn of IMs, not create a whitelist.

Also, this is not a contextual request as has been discussed in previous threads. It is a simple on/off switch.

I don't really care why a person may choose to turn off IMs, but there's no harm in doing so.

Macy
South Of Insanity
MVM,
join:2001-12-02
Pink Beanbag

1 recommendation

Macy

MVM,

said by Jehu:

Ya, but that's a different request than this one. This is just to turn of IMs, not create a whitelist.

Also, this is not a contextual request as has been discussed in previous threads. It is a simple on/off switch.

I don't really care why a person may choose to turn off IMs, but there's no harm in doing so.

I have to agree with you and that's the only reason I signed for it and I don't really think it's such a "needed feature" that nil should have to go to all the trouble of setting up the capabilities of a block-all, blacklist, whitelist, my opinion is it should be a simple all or nothing feature since the block user feature works perfectly well for anyone else who only wants to block a few people.
If people are wanting something more complex with the ability to have a whitelist, blacklist, "I just want to block annoying people" list, it should have been stated in the OP but I think it would be more trouble than what it's worth but heck, if someone wants to do all the hard work, I still would have no problem with it, I don't think the feature whether implemented or not will make or break the site.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to Jehu

MVM

to Jehu
said by Jehu:

I'm not sure that the original requester has objected to removed's suggested change to the request. Requests like this are made and "debated" on, suggestions for improvement made, shot down, and so on...

Jehu
Premium Member
join:2002-09-13
MA

Jehu

Premium Member

As per the reply to tag, I was responding to the alligator.