spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

kokolo

join:2005-06-25

[modem/router] How to turn off wireless?

I have a Westell Versalink 327W modem and I can see the green light in "Wireless", Does anyone know how to turn it off? because I'm not using any wireless second pc yet.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:4

Via the web pages for the 327w go to Configuration and select Wireless. You should be able to disable it from there.

kokolo

Via web sites? I don't understand. Do you mean by my verizon site home in internet explorer? sorry

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
Reviews:
·Frontier FiOS
Try going to http: //192.168.1.1/ in a web browser (no extra space) -- that should be the default address of your 327w.

From there, you can navigate the web pages that control your modem.

The complete manual is here: »www.westell.com/content/sales/327W.pdf

kokolo

thanks for your answer. It is my first time doing it, now it asks me to change the password in other to see configuration or other.

Do i need to put a different password or just the same?

kokolo

reply to kokolo
This is strange. I went to »192.168.1.1/ with username:admin and password:password. Now from there i can see the webpage of my modem, but for some reason it asks me to change the password in other to see any option.

Well, i changed the password, to the default: admin:password, but it still asks me change the password.

help..:(

gracie7
Geek Goddess
Premium
join:2003-07-15
confusion
try your verizon username and password.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium
Forest Grove, OR
reply to kokolo

Yes, you must change the username and password from the default. You can use anything you like.

dmaul1114

join:2005-08-01
Laurel, MD
If you installed using the verizon cd, you're verizon name (minus the @verizon.net part) and verizon password will log you in to the Versalink page stuff to change configurations.

Also a handy tip, you can type in »dslrouter and get to the same page, easier than remembering that ip address if you don't have it bookmarked.