Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

1 edit

Rook008 to lvrdad_45

Premium Member

to lvrdad_45

Re: [POLL] Which program do you use to copy DVDs?

Sorry, double.
Rook008

Rook008 to lvrdad_45

Premium Member

to lvrdad_45
said by lvrdad_45:

1 Click...just as the name says, it takes only one click, and is the fastest burner I have used. Can copy and burn a CD in about 18 minutes, start to finish, unlike nero which was taking me close to an hour.
Sounds interesting. How long for a DVD-9?
JamesHB
join:2002-01-25
Red Bluff, CA

JamesHB to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
DVD Decryptor > DVD Shrink > Nero
yago_potato
join:2004-10-01
Rochester, MN

yago_potato to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
nero recode with "any dvd"

mph300
Two Thirds The Way There
join:2000-11-09

1 edit

1 recommendation

mph300 to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
Hello,

Used to use dvd decrypter and dvd shrink....getting lazy in my old age I guess because now I use 1 click dvd copy!:)

BTW, I have not had one disc that 1 click dvd would not copy perfectly on the first try....

Mike
edit typo

cyrus369
join:2002-09-16
usa

cyrus369 to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
any dvd
dvd shrink
and burn with dvd decrypter

no problem disc since i started using any dvd.

TheGiant
Sup
join:2001-03-28
Tipp City, OH

TheGiant to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
Dvd Shrink

kcttocs
Yes...?
Premium Member
join:2002-03-07
Missouri

1 edit

kcttocs to RangerTX7

Premium Member

to RangerTX7
DVD shrink w/ Nero
re author with shrink, take movie only, remove all subtitles. Nero to burn. done in about 30-40 minutes start to finish.
My movies to start automatically this way. great for the kid movies. Hate wading thru the menu's and getting the movie kicked off.

ctceo
Premium Member
join:2001-04-26
South Bend, IN

2 edits

ctceo to RangerTX7

Premium Member

to RangerTX7
Click for full size
Speeling
I use the combination of DVD Decryptor & DVD Shrink

(note to mods: Spell Check does not know -Decryptor- or Decrypter)
ossito16
join:2004-07-31
Whiting, IN

ossito16 to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
I use B-recorder and dr.divx. Who initiated this poll? BBR or some MPAA ....

Why ask about topic you cant post any specifics w/o some moderator erasing your post.

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

3 edits

1 recommendation

dadkins to ctceo

MVM

to ctceo
It's spelled "Decrypter".

RangerTX7
R.I.P. beloved Trooper dog
Premium Member
join:2004-01-29
Austin, TX

1 recommendation

RangerTX7 to ossito16

Premium Member

to ossito16
said by ossito16:

I use B-recorder and dr.divx. Who initiated this poll? BBR or some MPAA ....

Why ask about topic you cant post any specifics w/o some moderator erasing your post.
I initiated this poll, in accordance with guidelines set up by DSLR. I stated in the introduction that copyright protection was not at issue here, and for good reason: I don't want to be held liable by any regulatory agency for encouraging use of procedures deemed illegal in the U.S., nor do I want the site to take on that responsibility. As for moderation practices, I'm not a mod and I have zero influence over that. You'd have to take that up with them

fegul
Premium Member
join:2004-08-23
united state

2 recommendations

fegul

Premium Member

Do you know how much you sounded like a lawyer? scared me for a second.
Then again, in accordance with DSLR laws (aka FAQs) this could be construed as OT, and subject to deletion by the law enforcement officers (aka Mods)
Case dismissed.

[Cheesy Judge Judy music playing in the background]

RangerTX7
Premium Member
Austin, TX

2 recommendations

RangerTX7

Premium Member

I don't have to tell a smart guy like you that it's prudent to exercise care when dealing with that subject matter, do I? Besides, you know my background
ossito16
join:2004-07-31
Whiting, IN

ossito16

The reason I ask is because I would not doubt that the MPAA trolls frequent DSLR forums. Having everyone give up there fav dvd copying software gives them an idea of what to target next. I like the fact that mainstream internet users have not caught on to appz like dvd shrink and anydvd. Let them keep on actually buying software that doesn't work so well. Similar to the p2p arena with mainstreamers still using winmx, lime wire and kazaa. They have no knowledge of irc or usenet, or edonkey, I like it that way.

RangerTX7
Premium Member
Austin, TX

1 recommendation

RangerTX7

Premium Member

There's not much chance that they're going to learn something they don't already know by reading these forums And since there's nothing illegal about copying DVDs per se, there's no reason why it can't be discussed here as long as copyright circumvention practices don't become a subtopic. That said, back to your favorite copying program as the topic at hand

dadkins
Can you do Blu?
MVM
join:2003-09-26
Hercules, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

dadkins to RangerTX7

MVM

to RangerTX7
Since I have Sony VAIOs, and Sony provided me (pre-installed) with the tools required to copy any CD/DVD... and since Sony is one of the "members/clients" of the dreaded xxAA(s)... I feel they have given me Carte blanche to copy my DVDs(or CDs).

I may be wrong but, I'm using Their software to copy Their DVDs(and CDs) on Their Computer(s).
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter.

Rock on!

lvrdad_45
join:2001-09-18
Fort Worth, TX

lvrdad_45 to Rook008

to Rook008
oops, sorry, can copy and burn a DVD in about 18 min
Expand your moderator at work

nohelpWA
join:2001-12-06
Milton, FL

nohelpWA to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7

DVD Decryptor or DVDFab and DVD Shrink.

Best of the free! And I am a noobie to backing up my movies but these programs and the excellant tutorials out there made it very easy to do.

I have Nero installed but have used it only two times for making utility CDs.

Thanks to those responsible for them all!

AAPM
@arg0.net

AAPM to RangerTX7

Anon

to RangerTX7
I combine the free DVD43 with nero recode and get excellent results. And I use Nero to burn the file. If you have a copy of nero you can get recode for free. Just have to download it and use your nero serial number to activate it.

Here is a link to the recode download: »www.nero.com/us/nero-up.php It is included in "Update-Package 2."
Expand your moderator at work

Merak75
AKA "Vukodlak75"
MVM
join:2001-10-27
Willoughby, OH

Merak75 to AAPM

MVM

to AAPM

I must say that recode works quite well. I tried it for the first time last night, very pleased.

howie1
Premium Member
join:2003-04-08
Antarctica

1 edit

1 recommendation

howie1 to RangerTX7

Premium Member

to RangerTX7
I use Intervideo's DVDCopy 2 and 3 (with AnyDVD) as well as Nero's Recode.
As a side note, my DVD burner died yesterday and a new one is coming today. What I was surprised at was the price of DVD burners these days. I'm getting a LiteOn 16X Dual-Layer unit for under $50. I was really amazed at how cheap these units are these days (affordable to most everyone) and I think DVD copying software will become more popular than ever. In addition, I got a 100PK of 8X DVD+R (Sony) from CompUSA for $38 (38 cents each). 4.7GB of storage for 38 cents... Amazing!

brydry
...it's meat-cake
join:2004-12-05
Clearwater, FL

brydry to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7
Are any of the best ones freeware?

RangerTX7
Premium Member
Austin, TX

RangerTX7

Premium Member

Both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, often mentioned as member's chocies here, are free. Unfortunately, DVD Decrypter is no longer being developed, although a web search should be able to land you a copy of the last available version.

ctrip
Islam is a Religion of Peace
Premium Member
join:2002-07-16
New Cumberland, PA

ctrip

Premium Member

said by RangerTX7:

Both DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink, often mentioned as member's chocies here, are free. Unfortunately, DVD Decrypter is no longer being developed, although a web search should be able to land you a copy of the last available version.
If I'm not mistaken, the same holds true for DVD Shrink. It's no longer being developed but can be found with some searching.

RangerTX7
Premium Member
Austin, TX

1 recommendation

RangerTX7

Premium Member

You are not mistaken, that's entirely correct, and mea culpa for not having mentioned it in my hurried post above I have read, however, that development is going to continue via another channel. Of course, that's hearsay; I won't link the source because I'm not convinced of its validity. Interestingly, it appears the poll results will end with products that have been discontinued as the user's choice

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

I believe that the person who developed DVD Shrink went to work for Ahead creating Nero's recode. The programs are very similar and the quality of the resulting DVD images are also similar. I could be wrong about this as I "heard" about it online.

You can still get the last versions of both Shrink and Decrypter online though.