All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs

weatherman12
join:2001-02-23
Lake Havasu City, AZ

weatherman12 to RangerTX7

to RangerTX7

Re: [POLL] Which program do you use to copy DVDs?

DVD Shrink is the only way to go. It's really a shame that it is no longer being developed. I would of liked to see it released as open source. Additionally, I think that it should of been included in the poll. If DVD Decrypter got on here, why not DVD Shrink. Besides, does anyone actually use anything besides Nero?

RangerTX7
R.I.P. beloved Trooper dog
Premium Member
join:2004-01-29
Austin, TX

1 edit

2 recommendations

RangerTX7

Premium Member

said by weatherman12:

Additionally, I think that it should of been included in the poll. If DVD Decrypter got on here, why not DVD Shrink. Besides, does anyone actually use anything besides Nero?
I've explained my reasoning for not putting DVD Shrink on the poll several times now. I even mentioned it in the introduction. To qualify the program has to be an all-in-one solution. Hybrid solutions are more than welcome by selecting "other" and giving an explanation. DVD Decrypter is included because it is an all-in-one solution; it can directly create ISO files. If I had to illustrate all the possible hybrid solutions available, the poll would be ten times as long as it is now, at minimum. If DVD Shrink gets the majority of mentions it will still be the recommended program in the FAQ, along with the add-on(s) required to allow burning. And to answer your other question, I burn upwards of 200 DVDs a month both professionally and for recreation, and I never use Nero. And obviously, Nero doesn't automatically come with Windows.

Mactron
el Camino Real
Premium Member
join:2001-12-16
PRK

Mactron to weatherman12

Premium Member

to weatherman12
said by weatherman12:

Besides, does anyone actually use anything besides Nero?
Yup. Shrink with DVD Shrink, set target as ISO. DVD Decrypter automaticaly comes up and burns them very nicely.
I find it very straight forward compared to Nero.

aw3dhg
join:2001-09-05
Bloomingburg, NY

aw3dhg

dvdshrink 3.2 dvdecrypter and dvdfab so far